is it even possible?

me and husband started TTC in January, it hadnt happened by end of March with my period starting every month as normal, we took it as a 'sign' and decided we would go back to using condoms, but staying off the pill. I am not ill, havent been ill, been living life normally..

I am now at least 5 days late for my period. normally comes 20th-25th, never later. My question is, is it possible to fall pregnant and still have a period? i dont see i would have fallen pragnant when we have been using condoms, havent experienced any problems there.. my head is wondering whether you can still have a period in the very start of pregnancy? ...trust my body to mess me around like this image

• Yes it is possible if your were close to your period date. Also condoms are not 100% (as my daughter proves, but a very welcome surprise image )

Do a test as you can only have a false negative (i also had this with my daughter but tested before dd) not a false positive!
  • cebpickle1cebpickle1 Posts: 6,786
    It can happen, you could get pregnant if the condom split, wasn't on properly and also it depends when you actually ovulate.

The only way to properly know is to do a test. I know someone that had their periods for 6 months into their pregnancy
  • Mrs-L-2bMrs-L-2b Posts: 1,702
    Some women have bleeding during pregnancy. My friend had what she thought wwere periods, but was in fact pregnant - she found out at 16 weeks! So I would do a test if you are usually regular.
  • Natalie_1024Natalie_1024 Posts: 157
    I had a "period" with both my sons, which may or may not have been implantation bleeds, I will never know! Good luck with everything image xx
  • sweetjouksweetjouk Posts: 792
    I had a period for 2 months running when I got pregnant the first time. Unfortunately I miscarried at 10 weeks.

I know people who have had periods all the way through their (healthy!) pregnancies and only did a test really late (like 16 - 20 weeks in) because they'd started gaining weight! Both of these resulted in perfectly healthy babies so do a test just in case!

xxx
  • rachaelm1ukrachaelm1uk Posts: 446
    thanks guys, period turned up today!! oh how my body likes to mess with my mind!! lol! doesnt explain why i was so late, about a week! totally unlike me.

but its here.. talk about feeling mixed up!! flaming periods image thanks to you guys for your replies and good luck to you all x x x