Irregular Periods?

Hey Ladies

We're trying for no. 2 but i'm worried that i have irregular periods which are going to make it difficult. Was wondering if anyone else had the same experience or have advice or possible know when i could be ovulating?

So my last period: 9th of June for about 6-7 days

Month before: 1st May for about 5-6 days

Month before: 1st April for about 5-6 days

Month before: 28th March for about 5-6 days

Month before: 25th February for about 5-6 days

So as you can see i don't have a normal cycle... Just wondering when is the best time to conceive? Should i go see a gyane?

• cebpickle1cebpickle1 Posts: 6,786
    Hi

It isn't so much how long your periods last for you need to work out how long your cycles actually are, so how frequently on average they are occuring.

You need to either look at your cervical mucus production or track your temperature to know when you are ovulating. The best advice is to BD every 2-3 days through the couple of weeks mid-month when you are most likely to be fertile
  • ashpo85ashpo85 Posts: 48
    I have irregular periods but have always fallen pg quite easily. You ovulate roughly 2 weeks before your next period is due so the best way to get pg is to bd everyday or 2 from 2 weeks after your last period for 2-3 weeks. Also if you do a bit of research on google you can find out how to check your cervical mucus and what it should be like when you're ovulating.good luck!
    Oh and I meant to say that my cycles ranged from 24 days to 33 since Christmas and I am now 7 weeks pregnant
  • cherikeyukcherikeyuk Posts: 133
    Thanks ladies

Sorry, but what does BD mean?
    Bd = baby dance, there is a thread a the top for the abbreviations
    Thanks cebpickle1

I found the thread & had a good chuckle when i saw what BD was... he he he...
  • mubeemubee Posts: 1,039
    my cycles were ranging from 21 days to 50 days. The way i checked when I was ovulating but by looking out for Cervical mucus and by doing ovulation tests every day from day 11 until it showed 2 lines which meant I would ov that day or the next. We also BD every second day at least between day 11 and when line from ov showed then every day for 3 days. this was at times tiring when my cycle were 50 days or when on some i did not ovulate at all...

I was due to start clomid to regulate the cycles, but the month before I got pregnant. it is very early days as I am only 5 weeks and seeing GP in 2 days.
    Thanks mubee...

Congrat's... that's exciting to be expecting! Hope you have a good pregnancy!