Forum home You & Your Baby

worried

mubeemubee Posts: 1,039
According to the GP (who I saw yesterday) and my last period date etc, I should be 6+1. I have taken a test yet again yesterday afternoon, and it is still showing as positive.

I am not really feeling too many symptoms now, except tired and sensitive boobs, but yesterday I was not feeling tired at all (I did stay at home yesterday and had a relaxing day, whereas the day before, I was in bed at 7pm) and today, my boobs do not seem to hurt. I thought the tired symptoms were meant to be consistent?

You may think I am crazy but can a pregnancy test show positive because the hormones are still in your body, and what would be the signs of loosing the little bean at 5 or 6 weeks. I have had no bleeding at all.

Am I the only one worrying? This week has been so long and only week 6. How does everyone do it and wait patiently for week 12, without thinking the worse, like me?

• MrsH2128MrsH2128 Posts: 566
    I don't think you need to worry especially if you have had no bleeding. In my first tri my breasts tenderness varied from day to day. Your body is adjusting and hormones are all over the place and its natural to worry, especially so early on. Some days I had no symptoms whatsoever and my sickness didn't kick in until week 8. Hope this alleviates your worrying - you'll be wishing you didn't have any symptoms when/if you do get morning sickness! xx
  • cebpickle1cebpickle1 Posts: 6,786
    Hiya

At the moment no need to be worried, I am just ahead of you, although somewhere between 9 weeks (from date of last period) and 7 + 3 from the early scan I had to have.

My tiredness has been in waves and there are some days I don't feel tired at all. And others like today I am struggling to stay awake at my desk. I think the fact you were off yesterday and had relaxing day says it all. Sore boobs likewise some days really painful others not so much.

Did the Dr do any tests yesterday? When is your booking in appointment with the midwife? When i saw both dr and midwife they tested urine sample for bloods and proteins.

When you have been waiting for this for such a long time then it is easier to look for the worst in it, and when my due date was then behind when I thought i was so annoyed as I should only have 3 weeks to go but now is 4.5. I am sure you are fine
    Oh and I agree with the sickness thing it is rubbish
  • mubeemubee Posts: 1,039
    cebpickle 1

the GP did not do any pregnancy tests, as I said I had done 5 in the last week and they were all positive. The last digital one on wednesday said 'pregnant'. He took my blood pressure, asked how much I weighed, questions about family history and twins and mental illness and asked which hospital I wanted to be referred to adn worked out my weeks.

I asked to be referred to the same hospital where I have had all my tests as I know it and was happy with the service there.

I then collected a referral letter last night, but he said I should hear from the hospital within 1 week with a date.

Thanks for the reassurance. It is so hard not too worry!!

• mistyscottmistyscott Posts: 729
    Firstly - CONGRATS!!

Secondly, try not to worry....which is way easier said than done I know. I had virtually no symptoms until I was about 8wks - but I did have spotting and had an early scan at nearly 7wks so I do understand the horrible worrying stage.

Then 10-16wks I had awful evening sickness/heartburn but was reassuring in a way. Didn't get the whole tiredness thing particularly - but I do have a sleeping disorder (for which I had to come off meds) so feeling tired is a default status for me...

It sounds logical that you'd be less tired after a more relaxing day too.

Congrats again - it's a rollercoaster of a ride image
    Mubee it wasn't a pregnancy test the doctor and midwife did it was for protein and bloods to check which is a different type of test and I have been told to take urine test to every appointment.

Sounds like your booking in appointment was with GP, as I told midwife all same things and which hospital
  • SteampunkbrideSteampunkbride Posts: 1,748
    Hi, try not to worry. At 6-10 weeks I had no symptoms at all and worried that I had lost it. I kept doing tests to make sure. I saw my mw at 9 weeks and she could hear the heartbeat with a dopplar thingy. At 10 weeks the tiredness kicked in (nothing can prepare you for it!) but luckily I had no morning sickness.

Please don't worry.
  • mum2be2011mum2be2011 Posts: 1,172
    Try not to worry, it's all I done for the first 12 weeks and I had convinced myself that there was going to be no baby at the 12 weeks scan but there was and he or she is doing well! My symptoms constantly came and went and sometimes I had no symptoms at all. The one piece of advice I would give is do not go online to research miscarriages or what it means to lose symptoms etc - it will just make you even worse and for no good reason. Unfortunately, my midwife didn't give me any reassurance at all at the booking appointment as she said it was too early to listen to heartbeat incase she couldn't find it so I didn't get my mind put at rest until the 12 week scan. I will be 20 weeks on Wednesday and have my 20 week scan on Thursday which I am much less nervous about. I know it is important for making sure baby is developing as it should but much easier than waiting for the first scan! I also bought an Angelsounds fetal doppler a couple of weeks ago and I use that for listening to the heartbeat - it can be hard to find sometimes but always such a relief to hear it. This isn't recommended until later in your pregnancy though so wouldn't be suitable for you to use just now. I'm sure all will be fine and the time really does fly by! x