Forum home You & Your Baby

When do you start showing?

Hello,

I know prob sounds silly as I have only just found out I'm expecting but can't wait to get a bump so people can tell and just wondered when you all started showing?

This is my second child I also have a 10 year old little girl (I was 18 very young!) but with my first I didn't start showing till about 5 months :\( some people say you do start showing quicker with your second :\?

This is so exciting as it's like having my first all over again except I can't remember anythign from then and it's all changed anyway! image

• leafyukleafyuk Posts: 2,182
    Congratulations! How exciting!!!

I have found that with all of my friends and sisters who have had babies, they started showing much earlier with their second pregnancy. I'd say about 1-2 months earlier than you did last time xxx
  • craftycharlicraftycharli Posts: 3,175
    I have no idea but I am waiting and hoping for my bump to arrive too!
  • ihavegoblinsihavegoblins Posts: 607
    with my 1st i didnt have a bump until i was 6 months gone. and even just befor having my daughter you could only see the bump from the side. just found out that im preganant with baby number 2 and already some of my clothes are starting to feel alittle tight ( but that might be because ive been a bit of a piggie the past week)
  • SwizzlepopSwizzlepop Posts: 737
    I am 11 weeks and am just about starting to show, those who know me will be able to tell but I think if you didn't then you would just think I have a bit of a fat tummy!!!
  • jomarch50jomarch50 Posts: 630
    I started showing between 17 & 18 weeks... The baby moved and suddenly a bump appeared overnight - I saw a close friend on the Monday (no bump) and again on Friday (obvious bump). It then came and went for about a week or so but its definately there now I'm 21+1 weeks.

This is my first baby and I am 5'2", weighing 62kg (sorry, been so long since I weighed myself on UK scales - I used to hover around 9 stone 4oz but am probably lighter now as I lost weight when I left the UK) I'm normally a size 12. I can still wear some of my usual clothes although am most comfy in my maternity trousers. I currently weigh 64.4kg so am now the heaviest I've ever weighed but I'm carrying all out front and have not gained any extra padding anywhere else - I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it stays like this until our wedding!

Jo (21+1)

x

• EmmA1981ukEmmA1981uk Posts: 1,065
    i started showing at 25 weeks was quite funny as i used to work at a nursery and left at 34 weeks and some of the parent of the children didnt even realsie i was pregnant until the week i was leaving as i had to wear a baggy t-shirt as part of the work uniform lol. my friend is pregnant with her second baby at the mo and has been showing quite alot since she was about 18 weeks xx
  • Emma_GiffordEmma_Gifford Posts: 1,589

I am on my 3rd and I started showing immediately!! but when I got to week 8 or 9 it went down cos it was just basically fluid and wind LOL i suffered terrible constipation aswell which didnt help! when you hit 12/13 weeks your uterus starts to rise up out of the pelvic bone which should start causing a little bump - I can actually feel mine.

on my second I started showing about 10 weeks and on my first I got to about 4 or 5 months to show.
  • -kia--kia- Posts: 745
    I'm almost 13 weeks and just have podge.. I had podge anyway but the extra eating to keep the sickness away hasn't helped! I just hope I have a bump by 1 september or I'll just look like a big pile of podge on my wedding photos!!
  • stkezstkez Posts: 2,247
    with first I didnt show until i was bout 22weeks.. but with my second i showed from 11weeks.

• daniellepiledaniellepile Posts: 150
    wow 11 weeks thats exciting, I am now 7 weeks no sign of any bumps yet but hoepfully soon....

It's mad isn['t it I spent ages getting into shape for my wedding to get a flat tummy now I have a flat tummy I can't wait for it to grow!! image

• amwardyamwardy Posts: 68
    Quoted:
    Hello,

I know prob sounds silly as I have only just found out I'm expecting but can't wait to get a bump so people can tell and just wondered when you all started showing?

This is my second child I also have a 10 year old little girl (I was 18 very young!) but with my first I didn't start showing till about 5 months :\( some people say you do start showing quicker with your second :\?

This is so exciting as it's like having my first all over again except I can't remember anythign from then and it's all changed anyway! image

x

i didn't show quicker with my second... and there was only 1 year between giving birth an getting pregnant again... With a 10 year gap, your body is more likely to have toned itself up a little, so the old theory about your skin being loser and whatever else, probably wouldn't count anyway.

This is my 3rd in 3 years. I am 16/17 weeks... I am STILL not showing. I'll give it another month and I probably will be!!
  • daniellepiledaniellepile Posts: 150
    oh no don't say that :\( if that's the case with me I will have to start eating for 2 that way I will get a belly and everyone will think it's the baby! image