leaky boobs while PG?

I know I read somewhere that it's normal for boobs to leak breast milk when pregnant but can't find the passage, and now I'm paranoid it means I'll go into labour early! Stupid I know.

So just looking for re-assurance. Did anyone else get leaky boobs while pregnant? I'm 33 and a half weeks and it started up yesterday. Not massive leakage - just uncomfortably wet nipples! Good job I'd already bought breast pads.

Thanks guys

xx

• mrsleggomrsleggo Posts: 807
    I didn't have the problem whilst I was pregnant but my sister did. Everytime she went in the shower the pressure of the water made her boobs leak. Her baby was 10 days early. So don't worry yourself

Dawn x
  • sweetjouksweetjouk Posts: 792
    Thanks Dawn, nice to know it's not just me!

The OB reckons I MAY have an earlier labour (around 2 weeks early) because I have a condition that affects my ligaments so once the baby is fully engaged, they won't 'hold' anything there, they'll just get on with it. SO I suppose that's why I'm starting to get a little paranoid about it now! I keep worrying that it will be even earlier! You watch, I'll prob end up overdue and being induced! Hehe

xx
  • MrsH2128MrsH2128 Posts: 566
    I got leaky boobs at 36 weeks (will be 37 on thurs). It's quite common and you can get it even earlier in pg but it doesn't mean you will go into early labour. Mine only leak now when I press on my nipple but I'm just happy to know that I can produce colostrum if I do end up having baby before 40wks.
  • cebpickle1cebpickle1 Posts: 6,786
    There is a page on it in the purple pregnant book - not there yet
  • kattia001kattia001 Posts: 772
    mine have been leaking since about 19 weeks!! im 22 weeks today. Its not all the ime but tends to be at night when im asleep. hadnt heard this means you can go into labour early?!?! old wives tale or fact?? x x x
  • chick-basschick-bass Posts: 563
    My friend's boobs leaked whenever she was around other people's babies!
  • sweetjouksweetjouk Posts: 792
    Quoted:
    mine have been leaking since about 19 weeks!! im 22 weeks today. Its not all the ime but tends to be at night when im asleep. hadnt heard this means you can go into labour early?!?! old wives tale or fact?? x x x

Sorry Kattia - didn't want to scare you too! I don't think it means you go into labour early - I was just panicking about it! Seem to panic about every twinge at the moment! Yet strangely, I'm not worried about the actual giving birth part.

Feel a bit more reassured that the boob leakage is happening to others and isn't a precursor to early labour.

None of my friends have ever had it which was why I was even less clued up on it.

Thanks for calming me down ladies

xxx