Long time no see!

JHyamsJHyams Posts: 1,848
I finally had my little baby boy, Isaac Joseph Hyams on 21st July at 6.55am... 11 days over and 2 days before my induction date. So relieved that I didn't have to be induced... try eating a jalfrezi if you're overdue!

He weighed 7lb 8.5oz... much bigger than all of the midwives who saw me who said he wouldn't be over 7lbs!

I started getting contractions at 8.30pm (30 mins after coming back from a curry!), and they were every 10 mins. Within 1 hour, they were every 2 mins, so I went to hospital which is 40 mins away. I was 4cm dilated, so they kept me in and gave me a tens machine, which didn't work for me very well. At 5am I was 7cm dilated so went in the water pool. My mum came over to be a birth partner, but my hubby left at this point to give his business phone to his employee. I got really stressed because at 5.30am, the baby's head was coming out and my hubby was still an hour away. But luckily he arrived 30 mins before the baby did! I got out of the water for the last half an hour because Isaac kept going in and out! The midwives thought he was going to be born in the sac, but they popped it as he was coming out.

I had to have an episiotomy and had a 2nd degree tear as well, so have had a lot of stitches, but hopefully they are healing well.

Breastfeeding is very hard work, but hopefully it will get easier!

Good luck to all your ladies who are ttc and who are pregnant.

I don't have much time to go on my laptop anymore!!!

• chick-basschick-bass Posts: 563
    Wow, congratulations! Glad your little one finally made an appearance. Good luck with being a new Mummy and when you do get the rare 5 minutes to yourself, don't forget to log on and leave some tips for all the new mummies-to-be on here!
  • Congratulations!! I will take on board your Jalfrezi comment if my baby is a few days overdue image

Good luck with the breastfeeding, and everything else, and come back soon to let us know how you're getting on!! image

xxx
  • chelb13chelb13 Posts: 458
    Well Done and Congratulations!!! Also when you get 5 mins i think some piccies are in order of the fabulous little man!!!

xxxx
  • MiaLeaceyMiaLeacey Posts: 1,184
    Yay I thought he must have finally arrived! Congratulations. And he shares a birthday with my Mum, what a good day to be born. image All the very best xxx
  • MrsH2128MrsH2128 Posts: 566
    Congratulations, glad to see Isaac arrived before your induction date! Wish you all the best and hope the bf does get easier for you. I will be eating a jalfrezi every night from now to get little one out of me - he/she looks to be a whopper already at 37 weeks!

Have you got any tips for the labour itself? xx
  • NewMrsDaviesNewMrsDavies Posts: 660
    Aw congratulations!!! Love baby news and you remember so much!

Only 7 1/2 months until I get to come on here and say the same thing!!!

Big love to you both! xx
  • mrsleggomrsleggo Posts: 807
    Congrats....and I know what you mean about the Tens Machine....totally rubbish!!!

Dawn x
  • Lainey_emLainey_em Posts: 167
    Congrats have been reading your posts for months so glad you finally had your beautiful little baby boy am due on mon so will be eating that curry for sure. Good luck with the breastfeeding.
  • NikNiksNikNiks Posts: 736
    Awww congrats to you all x
  • NowMrsMackNowMrsMack Posts: 2,535
    Congratulations! Good luck with your little boy and motherhood!
  • Congratulations!! Can't wait to see some pics.

My little boy took his first proper steps on the day your little boy was born!

Hole you're enjoying being a mummy it's the best thing ever x
  • JvLwithBabyBoyJvLwithBabyBoy Posts: 2,740 New bride
    congratulations!!! i was wondering when youd had your baby image well done for coping so well hun, i bet your little man is gorgeous!

im 5 days from my due date now and no sign of baby so im guessing ill go overdue as well.

enjoy being a mummy! xx
  • JoeyClareJoeyClare Posts: 2,737
    Congratulations xx
  • mubeemubee Posts: 1,039
    conratulations! well done! x
  • MrsDMDaviesMrsDMDavies Posts: 1,794 New bride
    Aw congrats!! I've been keeping an eye out to see if you'd had your little one yet! All the best for you and your family. I'm very broody reading this, not helped by the fact that a colleaugue has just this minute walked in with her new born to show him off!!

Congrats again!

• NowMrsWoodNowMrsWood Posts: 438
    Congratulations!x
  • MrsSargentMrsSargent Posts: 212
    Congratulations! Isaac is such a lovely name!

Show us some piccies when you get time! x
  • JHyamsJHyams Posts: 1,848

hope that pic works

i am expressing as i type! my boob is so engorged, so against the advice of my horribe mw, i have decided to use the pump to soften me up and give to isaac if he has 1 of his feeding tantrums!

went to a breast feeding session today and she said that she thinks isaac has got reflux, which is why he's been throwing up 3+ times during a feed and feeding for 10 mins and wanting it again 10 mins later. got infant gaviscon, but he threw it right back up, so will give him some again at his next feed. got docs later as well to get a definate diagnosis

as for labour advice... just keep breathing and try and think of yourself not actually going through the pain (if you get what i mean!). it will be all over more quickly if you keep calm and take long breathes and if you can have a water birth... i highly recommend it!

just expressed 4fl oz with my pump... its an amazing invention! so now my boob feels a bit better!

i do need to learn how to breastfeed discreetly, but hopefully that will come in time! and in the mean time, i will express. no idea why my mw didn't want me to... my usual mw is on hol for 2 weeks and i've been given 1 as a replacement who doesn't seem to care about babies and who has no bed side manner. i rang the breast feeding support number, spoke to a breast feeding support mw and saw 2 and they all said to express if i wanted to

i hate conflicting advice!

xx
  • Clarabel1983Clarabel1983 Posts: 194
    ah congratulations, he's gorgeous!!! ask the doctor to check for infantile lactose intolerance if you're breastfeeding - or just stop eating dairy for a couple of days and see if he stops throwing upimage xx
  • MrsH2128MrsH2128 Posts: 566
    He's gorgeous! I think the mw is missing the main point - Isaac is still getting breast milk which is the most important thing and if expressing is working better for you right now then what's the problem? I plan to express just as soon as I get a handle on it and it will also allow hubby to feed baby too.

seems like the whole labour was a positive experience for you (hope I can switch myself off from pain) which I hope mine will be too! Congrats again and hope everything gets sorted with Isaac. x
  • Clarabel1983Clarabel1983 Posts: 194
    ah congratulations, he's gorgeous!!! ask the doctor to check for infantile lactose intolerance if you're breastfeeding - or just stop eating dairy for a couple of days and see if he stops throwing upimage xx
  • cebpickle1cebpickle1 Posts: 6,786
    Congrats to you he is lovely, and just go with the advice you trust, hopefully your MW is back soon
  • mistyscottmistyscott Posts: 729
    Aww, congrats! He's gorgeous and sounds like you are taking to mummyhood well image
  • PJFyffePJFyffe Posts: 142
    Congratulations JHyams, he is gorgeous! Well Done!

Hope you get the hang of the breastfeeding soon, and like the others said, its better to express and give Isaac the breast milk than to give up trying!

xxx
  • MiaLeaceyMiaLeacey Posts: 1,184
    My goddaughter had really bad reflux and in the end my friend took her to craniosacral therapy (I think that's what it's called!) No doubt that will be the last thing on your mind right now but might be worth thinking about if Isaac's reflux doesn't settle down - it's something to do with putting right the reflexes birth buggers up.

All best x
  • SteampunkbrideSteampunkbride Posts: 1,748
    Congratulations and what a beautiful name for a beautiful boy. I have no advice on breastfeeding as my baby wouldn't do it (he would latch but refused to suckle) but keep at it. Sounds like you did really good job during labour. Welcome to the world baby Issac. x
  • JvLwithBabyBoyJvLwithBabyBoy Posts: 2,740 New bride
    omg hes adorable! congrats again hun!! thanx for the labour tip and good luck with the breastfeeding. xx
  • fruitpastille25fruitpastille25 Posts: 1,030
    Congrats Lovely - so glad to see he finally arrived safe and well!

If you want to PM me about breast feeding please feel free. I had a complete and utter nightmare for the first few weeks and almost gave up on so many occasions but we finally got through it and it's so much easier now. Connie also had reflux and we never got anything prescribed but tried a few different tricks. She is still a sicky baby but is what they call a "happy spitter" and is thriving so it doesn't worry me too much,

x x x