Nursery Fees and Bank holidays??

Is it right that they can charge you for bank holidays even though you cannot leave them there! I am considering leaving my son on a Monday and Friday - which is when most bank holiday falls on and they will not even give discounted rate!

• mrsleggomrsleggo Posts: 807
    Not sure about bank holidays but at my sisters little girls nursery they still charged her when she went on holiday for a week

Dawn x
  • Lainey_emLainey_em Posts: 167
    Think you are charged for 52 weeks of the year for your 5 days this is to keep your place apparentely but u should be able to put your child in for the monday even if u prob wont need to
  • debs5981debs5981 Posts: 88
    Yeah if monday is one of your child's regular days then you do get charged for bank hols even though nursery is shut. As Mrsleggo says they also charge you for holidays and sick days.

xx
  • gemmacaidengemmacaiden Posts: 237
    My son used to do a mon and fri (2 days) and we got so many bank holidays free , 3 days or more and you got them all. I work in a nursery and if we are closed for anything then the parents do not have to pay. Its very unfair that they are making you pay when they are closed x x
  • gemmacaidengemmacaiden Posts: 237
    I aslo got 4 weeks free a year for holidays - if i did not take these then i had to pay extra but i always took them. x
  • NowMrsMNowMrsM Posts: 536
    At ours you have to pay regardless of bank holidays or holiday or sick days or anything else that means you can't take the child in...

Rubbish but I think it's pretty standard around here as the places are so precious people don't complain!
  • poppet12poppet12 Posts: 357
    It seems pretty standard but find it crazy that they can charge you for public holidays - normal holiday or sick days, I understand you have to pay. But most of the nursery's you pay a month in advance so to me that surely is enough to say you are securing your place and with most you have to give notice to end your place. I think they should at least give you a discounted rate if that is the norm.

Anyway, I think I have found a childminder and even though I have to pay for public holidays they don't charge excessively.