1st period after coming off the pill ....

Hi all,

I came off the pill just before the wedding. I was due on if i was still on the pill days on the weekend. That as come and gone and just occasionaly spotting but no real bleedig. If you can understand that.

How long did it take you to get your 1st period after coming off the pill.

I've hear it can take 6 to 8 weeksb bit worried as i'm always hungry at themoment.

Kelly

xx

• annalouiseukannalouiseuk Posts: 186
    Hi kelly, it took me 6 months for my body to sort its self out, i didn't have a period for the first 3 months then i had a bad one then missed one, after that they sorted themselves out.

Everyone is different, i spent a small fortune on preg tests every month, but the doctor says it's normal for it to take between 6months and a year.

hope it helps
  • craftycharlicraftycharli Posts: 3,175
    Then I am at the other end of the spectrum and my period came bang on time the first month after coming off the pill without a hitch so it depends on the person and the pill basssically!
  • Jemmas82Jemmas82 Posts: 560
    Hi i came off the pill 3 months ago and my perods have been spot on each month so far!! everyone is different!!

J x
  • UlalatweedUlalatweed Posts: 177
    I came off the pill 18months ago and min still haven't settled down!!! Its turning into a total nightmare! It depends very much on the person and apparently is also related to how your periods were before you went on it.
  • LissysmommyLissysmommy Posts: 733
    Hi

I come on today. So its been a 30day one.

Thanks

for your help

kelly

xx
  • blossom25blossom25 Posts: 3,070
    My third period after stoppong was horrendoussly heavy. Latsde 9 days until I was given hormone things off the doc to stop it. Took another period after that for my body to settle into a good 27 day pattern. xx
  • I came off the pill 6 weeks ago and have just started mine yesterday. I have heard that it takes a while though. You know how weird these things are! x
  • beaubessiebeaubessie Posts: 321
    I came off Cerazette in July 2007 and had a period 1 month after and have been on the dot ever since. Everyone is different mind.