Forum home You & Your Baby

Baby girl names.

Hi All,

We have sorted out several boys names that we like but are really undecided on girls names!!

What do you think of the following:

Darcy

Esme

Pheobe

Any suggestions welcomed!!!

xxx

• NewMrsPNewMrsP Posts: 197
    Lovely names. I know the sweetest little girl called Phoebe and we call here Pheebs.

Can I be nosey and ask which boys names you have on your list?

xx
  • Thank you!!

The boys names that we have agreed on are:

Lewis

or

Leo

I did like Seth, but husband wouldn't allow it!!

I was unsure about Darcy as I thought it might be to unusual and people would think it was a boys name!!

Have you got any names you like??

xx
  • cebpickle1cebpickle1 Posts: 6,786
    I love the name Darcy, doesn't go with our surname though. Like the other two names as well

Darcy Bushell ballerina is a female.
  • NewMrsPNewMrsP Posts: 197
    Darcy is lovely. Kate Garaway has a daughter called Darcy.

I chose my names ages ago! Lol.

Imogen for a girl and Arthur for a boy. We're not going to find out the sex of the baby so not sure which name we will be using!
    We have several girls names and several boys names, we aren't finding out either but hubby won't commit to any of the shortlist til after the baby is born
  • My husband is the same!! For ages he kept finding a stupid nickname to go with any suggestion I made, for example bad breath Seth!!

So many people have said you will just know once you see the baby which name is right!!xx
  • Hiya there all lovely names. I love the name Darcy especially. xxx
  • lbarr10lbarr10 Posts: 586
    they are lovely names. I like darcy the best.

We like Emily, Grace, Charlotte and Molly for a girl and Owen and Niall for a boy.
  • We have a Nell Grace....she does get Nellie or Nell Bell and my sister nicknamed her smelly nellie after a nappy incident.

We had Jack George for a boy but Nell came along.

I have a friend who called her little girl Darcie Alice. IE to make it more unusual.

Another friend had Eden Rose, which is very unusual but lovely as well

Dawn x
  • MiaLeaceyMiaLeacey Posts: 1,184
    I really like Esme and Phoebe, Phoebe was on my list for a girl but ours is a boy so not this time! Just a warning though, as a teacher, there are a few Darcies at school so it's not as unusual as you might think (and sorry, but the Darcie I taught wasn't very nice lol not that that means your daughter wouldn't be lovely of course!)
  • I LOVE the name Darcy! I'm a big fan of the more unusual, "old fashioned" names. My daughter is Constance (Connie). Also like Phoebe but think Esme people will automatically think "Twilight"

Oh and BTW, I love the name Seth! x
  • Lovely names, they're becoming popular though! My sister has a 3 and 2 year old and there is an Esme and two Darcy's in their nursery! Wouldn't let that put you off though. My favourite girls names are Niamh and Freya.

• Darcy is a beautiful name for a girl.

I chose our baby's name about 6 years ago, if not a little longer! She is to be called Lily Isabella (when she arrives!)

I also love Amelia Grace too, and my mum loves the name Esme.

We really struggled to think of a boys name that we agreed on (we are both teachers, and I'm sorry to admit this but between us we have met plenty of boys whose names we just couldn't chose!), so it's a good job I'm having a girl or I'd be putting out a cry for help!

x x x
    My friend had Emelia Grace earlier this year, just chose to spell with an E instead of A
  • We named our little girl Sophie Caitlin her dad picked the name Sophie years ago and loved the idea that he had a name he loved for a little girl image
  • Thanks girls!! I really love the names Darcy & Esme , but have constant wobbles that I will burden my baby with a name that will get them teased!!

xx
  • Girls name we love are Minnie, Mary, penny and olive
  • My niece is called Phoebe and is the most gorgeous little girl you could ever imagine!

I love Darcy and sorry but I much prefer the Y to IE

Our favourite girls name is Mia with Rose as a middle name, I also like Grace. Boys names are harder, we had agreed on Finn but now hubby is not sure - grrr men!
  • I love all

Your names esme phoebe and Darcy are all lovely. Darcy is my nickname for h2b!! X
  • We like Sienna Grace or Ruby Grace at the moment. Other contenders are Ellie Mae and Chloe but I just worry that they are quite popular names, and whilst i dont want anything too whacky, i dont want something that is really popular!

I like the three names you have chosen (Emse Phoebe and Darcy) but i think my favourite of them would probably be Esme image

xxx
  • I Love the name Darcey my little girl is called Olivia Darcey x