weight gain

Hey, Im 10 weeks pregnant, and have just stupidly got on the scales and im devestated, ive gained weight already, and I thought ive been eating dead healty no chocolate, sweets or coffee or fizzy pop at all in 6 weeks.

I know im am going to gain weight, and im not bothered about it, just didnt think it would be so early and though if I gained weight it would be later in the pregnancy. Have any of you noticed this?

• emsyjemsyj Posts: 3,807
    I gained a few pounds in the first trimester, it's not a big deal - it could be your amniotic fluid or your placenta developing, it's not just the weight of the baby! Plus a lot of people find their boobs expand massively in the early weeks and boobs weigh a lot too!

Unless you've already gained a stone or whatever I wouldn't worry. If you have really gained a lot, I would speak to your midwife and get checked out.
  • cebpickle1cebpickle1 Posts: 6,786
    I had gained about 3lb by 10 weeks but at 20 weeks it is only a 6lb gain total so don't worry. Your weight gain will be different depending on your initial weight and size