Blooming painful

Hi all

Am 21+1 now this last week my bump has grown loads, so was already achey. Yesterday we were out in the car and another car swerved in front of us causing hubby to slam on the breaks. My seatbelt pulled tight across my bump. I know it says to wear under bump at the moment the bump isn't big enough to put seatbelt under. Today it feels bruised. Especially getting up and down again.

i have my scan on Tuesday anyway so should I just go with that? Hubby said it is only hurting as it had already grown so much this week.

• hlg81hlg81 Posts: 107
    If you have new pain then you should probably give your midwife a ring. They can have a quick feel of your tummy and listen to baby. Tuesday is a long way off if you are worried (and its hard not to worry when you are pregnant!)

Also do you know your blood group? If you are rhesus negative you will need anti D.
  • MiaLeaceyMiaLeacey Posts: 1,184
    Yes I would just keep your appt. I had a rugby ball hit me in the bump at about 25 weeks ish iirc and it really hurt! But I had a mw appt that week so I just kept that. As long as everything else seems normal (like you can still feel baby move or there's been no blood.) They are very well padded in there! I was dead worried but my mw assured me that we're designed for such knocks! Hope you're ok! x
  • cebpickle1cebpickle1 Posts: 6,786
    The pain is really only there when standing up (not just standing) and sitting up from laying so using stomach muscles, my midwife only does Wednesday's so scan before then anyway. Will go with that I think for now. Yes can still feel baby move and there is no blood
  • You might want to invest in a bump band. Hubby got me one last week. It goes on the car seat and fixes on to the belt to pull it down so any force of a sudden stop goes onto you legs and hip not your bump.
    Ooo didn't know there was such a thing goldengirl, do you know where he got it from?
    Phoned the maternity helpline this morning as pain was worse and twice when stood up got shooting pain across stomach. As B neg blood group was advised to go in for blood tests, have been at hospital 2 hours this morning, had babies heart beat listened to, first time, blood tests and a small anti-d injection. I am bruised they think but checking the blood due to my blood type. We were there so long we hoped they would also give me scan today and cancel tomorrow but no such luck!! So got scan tomorrow still
  • MiaLeaceyMiaLeacey Posts: 1,184
    Oh bless you. Sorry to hear it got worse. Sounds like you did the right thing. Good luck for your scan. You will love it image
    I loved hearing the heart beat, I welled up slightly. Such a relief as well I think

Thanks can't wait til tomorrow
  • Sorry to hear about your accident. Enjoy your scan tomorrow. x
  • Can sympathise with you on the accident, my MILs dog jumped on my bump at about 35 weeks and I burst into immediate tears and was in shock for ages. Think the dog was in shock too as I launched it across the room...oops!!!

Hearing baby's heartbeat is amazing, think I cried too but then seeing baby at 20 weeks was even more amazing as I hadn't seen mine since 8 weeks 4 days as they cancelled my 12 week scan. Enjoy every minute!!!

Dawn x
  • Hope all went well with scan today cebpickle and sorry to hear about your accident x
    Thanks Sarah and Dawn

Scan was amazing, all was good. Baby didn't want to show us whether they are a boy or girl so good job we didn't want to know. It was really lovely. Strange to think no more scans now though!

Claire
  • Dont they do a scan at 34 weeks in your area???

I live in West Yorkshire and they offer one here.

Dawn x
    The sonographer said that was last one unless there are complications further on, none of my friends or cousins that have had babies recently had a later one either. So no, just the 12 week and 20 week scans
  • Hiya

Its called a clippasafe bump belt and he got it from amazon.

We've been in scotland so thought it was needed for 10 hour drive!
    Cool thanks will look it up