Forum home You & Your Baby

baby shower

hello!!

my sister is pregnant and mum and i are going to throw her a baby shower in feb but we have never been to one - what sort of things do we need to do/what happens in a baby shower?

thanks!!

• picklepickpicklepick Posts: 1,141
    I'm going to one in Novemeber and my friend is having men and women over. Think they boys will probably take themselves off to the pub though...

She's having a buffet lunch with tea and cakes etc so you'll need to organise some sort of food for guests. Cold buffet is easiest.

I'm going early to help her decorate with balloons and bunting etc

And we're going to be playing some games. Pin the dummy on the baby, guess how big the bump is (-everyone gets some string and you win a prize) a sweepstake on the date the baby is born and is birth weight and whoevers closest wins.

Hope that helps a little!
  • cebpickle1cebpickle1 Posts: 6,786
    Hi

My cousin had one, my aunt and cousin that organised it made it clear presents were optional as some people prefer to buy once baby is born.

We had food and drink, games, including what is the mother/ baby name for animals, how many baby things can you name in 2 mins, guess the contents of the nappy, with variety of foods like chocolate, marmite, brown sauce etc. Games were in teams with mini bags of jelly babies for team winners.
  • My friends organised one for me - it was more about getting together with everyone before the big event! No games or anything just a nice long lunch with all my fave ladies x