need advice ladies

ok well I found out i am pregnant on wednesday but I dont know how far as i dont have periods etc anyway I have been feelings flutters and today I had a sharp kick these feel just like my first daughter did . I just dont see how I could be far enough to feel these as surely i would have felt something b4 today ? I also am mega tired and boobs are really sore plus I have constant lower back ache. i cant remember how many weeks I was when I felt my daughter move wat do you think can these flutters and sharp kick be anything else? (I dont think its wind as i never feel like this unless im preg and I dont have wind) God Im so confused

• donna518donna518 Posts: 177
    wow congratulations it sounds like you are at least 4 months gone if you can feel it moving how exciting when is your wedding? r u going for a scan soon let us know

• mrevansandmemrevansandme Posts: 282
    i have to see my dr on wednesday hopefully they will send me for a scan but until then i have to wait!

• blossom25blossom25 Posts: 3,070
    Wow it sounds like you are well into the pregnancy. Cant wait to find out so please come back and let us know. xxx
  • Emma_GiffordEmma_Gifford Posts: 1,589
    The first I felt her at 18 weeks , the second and this one I have started feeling them at 12 weeks.

your doctor should palpate - have you tried having a feel yet? your uterus shifts out of the pelvis at 12 weeks or so so if that can be felt that should give you an indication.

I was peeing loads up unt this happened so if your still peeing a lot then that could make you pre 12 weeks. Als omy boobs hav settled down and are not as sore
  • mrevansandmemrevansandme Posts: 282
    thnks all jinxy what am i feling for? I am quite a large ladie anyway so will I still feel it?

• -kia--kia- Posts: 745
    My friend is a final year med student and he tells me that the uterus should feel smooth and firm, and I was asking him when I was 12 weeks and he said it would be about the size of a mans fist.

Having said that..I couldn't find anything and got scared of poking around.. couldn't feel anything but podge!
    you need to lie down flat on your back - I can feel like its very firm like ridge and I am 14 weeks tomorrow and the edge of it is about 2 inches above my pubic bone start from the bone and move upwards - if you press quite firmly you should feel it it goes from very firm to soft where it ends - I have some flab to get through too! LOL

xx
    I'm too chicken to press firmly!!
    have you had the midwife palpate you yet? they get right on in there pushing hard! it wont do any harm.

xx
    Nope.. I was just 12 weeks when I saw her - she did push quite firmly with the doppler..but nowhere near as firmly as the scanner guy did to make baby wiggle so he could measure baby! That on a full bladder was not fun!!!

Tried poking a bit harder earlier but still only feel podge!