weight loss for ttc - 30 day shred and sw?

Hi all

since a mc a few weeks back im trying to concentrate on something else whilst waiting for 1st af to turn up and body to go back to normal.

Decided to join back to slimming world as i still have about 20lb to lose of baby weight from my 13 month old. also u can stick to sw diet once pregnant. Ive managed to lose 2 stone so far but now in a rut! my thinking is that weight loss is always a good thing whilst ttc to get as healthy as possible and im determined not to put on as much weight as last time when i do get pregnant again!

Was just wondering if anyone here has done the 30 day shred workout? ive just ordered it but have been told its very intense so gonna try it out when it arrives. Im hoping that if i stick to that and sw for 30 days then i should get rid of some of this weight and be healthier for ttc.

Is anyone else trying to lose weight whilst ttc?

• cebpickle1cebpickle1 Posts: 6,786
    I think as long as you are careful with how many calories you are having once there is a possibility of conceiving then you are fine. I lost 2.5 stones before my wedding and then started to TTC not long after this and just tried to maintain and stay as healthy as possible.

I am now 38 weeks pregnant and must have developed some good habits as only put on 1 stone 3lb through my pregnancy even though I haven't been dieting but I have been following low GI principles
  • waited82waited82 Posts: 399
    Ive been following sw since having lo but stopped in oct before joining again last week. Spoke to group leader about doing it whilst pregnant and she said its fine and midwifes are happy with it as it just encourages healthy eating

Im determined not to put on as much with my next pregnancy as i did with my last. I just ate whatever i wanted and now feeling the effects! lol hoping that i can get some more off before conceiving again and try and taking my mind off ttc to some extent so its not all im focusing on.

I think im just going to have to be carefull with the 30 day shred and stop it if i get pregnant whilst doing it as it has a lot of core work which im not sure is ok to do whilst pregnant
  • EllieKate83EllieKate83 Posts: 1,431
    I did the 30 day shred to get into my wedding dress and then kept it up for months afterwards (rotating between the workouts and having 2 rests days - more if I was doing other sports as well). I loved it!

I think I was still doing it when I first conceived (I was certainly surfing 3 times a week at that point) but soon the sickness and tiredness sabotaged that! Once you get pregnant again (as I'm sure you will soon) you can always switch to a pre-natal work out vid if you feel safer with that.

Good luck with everything xx
  • waited82waited82 Posts: 399
    Thanks ellie! im strangely looking forward to starting it! i must be mad! just waiting for it to be delivered! Did u do 10 days of each level? someone i know just did 30 days of level 1 but i though u were supposed to progress your way through it?

Im hoping it will take my mind off ttc for a bit before i go mad and then fingers crossed we will get lucky when not expecting it
  • EllieKate83EllieKate83 Posts: 1,431
    I did a week on level 1 and then 10 days on 2 and the rest on three, but once I'd 'completed' it, I did a bit of all three.

I think you'd probably get fittest rotating between 1,2 & 3 actually as you're using so many different muscles.

I'm sure you'll be fine, and yeah, you might even enjoy it image

But I'm sure it won't take you long to conceive again either xx
  • MrsLewisMrsLewis Posts: 144
    In doing sw at the moment and one lady in the group is 39weeks and has only but on 1/2lb during whole pregnancy and baby is measuring big! I've lost nearly a stone since Christmas on it. Had a rubbish weekend in it but hoping to get my stone sticker on Thursday. Been ttc since we got married in August hoping loosing weight helps