Forum home You & Your Baby

pregnant and worrying

hi

i've just found out i'm 4 weeks pregnant with my first child after my husband and i trying for a year. i've now read a lot of information on the internet saying 1 in 4 pregnancies end in miscarriage and i'm really worried that we might have this problem. i don't know why i'm worked up about it but does anybody have any advice or tips to help reduce this risk?

• RRrr2011RRrr2011 Posts: 1,262
    There is nothing at all that can be done to stop a miscarriage early on. I have been through it myself and its the worst experience but you just need to stay positive and look after yourself. I am now 17 weeks pregnant and still worry every day - think its part and parcel of being pregnant - but try and relax and enjoy it as best you can. x x x
  • Hi, congratulations on your BFP

I am also 4ish weeks pregnant with our first, I found out just last Wednesday. I too have been worrying about this and check everytime I go to the loo for blood (TMI!)

I think it is perfectly normal and am trying as RRr2011 has said to enjoy it and relax!

xxx
  • Its perfectly normal, im nearly 7weeks and still worry aa know I will be devastated.

Im having a private scan next sat to reassure me everything is okay xx
  • Congrats on your fab news! As the girls gave said there is nothing you can do really. Take it easy and try and relax. In 26 weeks now and still worry every day, and you'll find that as you get further along you'll worry about different things. I've spent most of my time worrying and kind of regret it because I should just have been enjoying it, so that would be my advice to you - really try and relax and enjoy it.

Wishing you a very healthy and happy 9 months! X
  • ditzidancerditzidancer Posts: 1,145
    Congratulates!

Its natural to worry (and just the start of becoming a parent!) but as the other ladies say unfortunately these things can happen and usually there is an underlying problem with the foetus so there's nothing that can stop it. It's hard but staying positive is best for you and your baby also join one of the groups on here, really helps to chat to ladies who are going through the same motions.

Here's to a healthy, happy, positive 9 months image xxx
  • cebpickle1cebpickle1 Posts: 6,786
    Hi

The one thing you can do is to take folic acid and to eat as healthily as possible while following the advice on what you should and shouldn't eat in pregnancy.

And apart from that enjoy it and make the most of it
  • MiaLeaceyMiaLeacey Posts: 1,184
    One of my friends on here told me that even though 1 in 4 pregnancies end in miscarriage, that does mean that 3 in 4 don't. It really helped!
  • ladies, thanks so much for your advice and comments, and really thank you for your kind wishes. i am really excited!

marriedatlast2010, omg i do that too when i go to the loo! at least i know i'm not alone.

cebpickle1, i've been taking sanatogen mum to be tablets since we've been trying. it's got folic acid in it - do you think that will be ok or should i change to plain folic acid on it's own?

Mia_Leacey, what you've said is such an easy way of thinking but a much better way! sounds silly that i haven't thought like that. thank you!

big hugs to you all for your help image
  • m0nkeym00m0nkeym00 Posts: 841
    Quoted:
    There is nothing at all that can be done to stop a miscarriage early on. I have been through it myself and its the worst experience but you just need to stay positive and look after yourself. I am now 17 weeks pregnant and still worry every day - think its part and parcel of being pregnant - but try and relax and enjoy it as best you can. x x x

I second this, I also had a miscarriage image and can honestly say it was devastating. I am now 28wks pregnant. The worry hasn't really gone yet, I still check for blood everytime I go to the loo and always panic if I dont feel them etc. Worrying is a natural part of pregnancy as you will want to protect your baby, but remember too much worry can be unhealthy and stress can be a factor in miscarriage so try and chill out a little for your baby.

As Mia_Leacey said, 3 in 4 dont!!
  • cebpickle1cebpickle1 Posts: 6,786
    The multivitamins are fine as long as have the right amount of folic acid in which the sanatogen ones do have