Forum home You & Your Baby

Much needed advice please....

Ladies,

I really need your advice/opinions.

I came off the pill a couple of months ago (because it was a nightmare with my dr's - we are using other contraception!) and ever since had fairly regular periods. Last months was quite light and only lasted a few days, I wasn't overly worried as I'd always had light periods whilst on the pill. Except, now it's even later than usual, and i'm stressing!

I don't know whether to just take a pegnancy test now and get it over with - or keep my head stuck in the sand and wait until near the end of the week, when it's practically missed.

I just know I'll take a test, it'll show up negative and I'll come on the next day - and then start kicking myself for not just chilling out and waiting!

I've not got sore breasts, or moody. I am slightly more tired, but we're really busy at work, and I do feel queasy - but I think this might be all in my head and because I'm stressing.

What do you ladies think?

• m0nkeym00m0nkeym00 Posts: 841
    Your body is prob still adjusting. Although I'd say do a test anyway. like you say it will prob come up negative and hen you'll come on the next day its sod's law but then at least you'll know. I have had this happen a few times when TTC, I think because you stress about it your period doesn't come, but as soon as you do the test and get an answer you start to chill out about it and so your period comes if that makes sense.

If anything it will put your mind at rest.

You say you'v been using other contraception but is there any chance you could actually be pregnant? How would you feel if you were?
  • laura2988laura2988 Posts: 332
    Yeah there is a chance, we had a few mishaps with condoms which is why i'm stressing.

I wouldn't be distraught - it's just not the right time at the minute.

If i don't come on tonight (I always come on overnight) then I'll be getting a test tomorrow. Just to put my mind at ease.
  • m0nkeym00m0nkeym00 Posts: 841
    Yeh definitely do a test tomorrow if it doesn't come tonight, you'll only worry otherwise. I hope you get the result you want image
  • MrsKW2011MrsKW2011 Posts: 1,592
    Hi Laura,

its quite common to be late if you are stressing out (particularly with the mishaps you've mentioned, this could have been what has made you late!?).

I would also say do a test to put your mind at ease (you can actually pick them up in the £1 / 99p store which work well according to some of my colleagues so you dont need to spend a fortune).

Good luck, and i hope it works out which ever way you would like it to go xxx