Reduced baby movements at 25weeks

Had a wee panic yesterday as went 24hours without feeling baby move once. I've been feeling baby since 18weeks but having proper kicks since 20ish weeks and more recently baby seems to be in a pattern of being awake at certain times of the day, 8pm and 11pm were definates every day without fail.

Going that long with nothing was very strange to me. Phoned Midwife at 9am and she said to call back at 12 if still nothing. Saw midwife at half 3 and she checked heartbeat which was fine and easy to find. But even since then I had a little movement lying in bed last night (2 or 3 kicks and nothing as strong as normal) and today hardly anything again.

Has anyone else experienced this? Can't help but panic my wee one has got themselves a bit stuck!x

• I had exactly the same very recently married, between 24-25 weeks but now bubs is lively as ever and I can feel him/her ALL the time. I never called the midwife as had had that before at about 20 wks (after feeling bubs move from around 15 wks) so just hoped all would be ok.

Bubs had definite times too before they slowed the movements down - 6am and 10 pm without fail, but after a week of virtually nothing, I'm now 26 wks and feel if alllll day!!!

Try not to worry, I put it down to a growth spurt xxx
  • MrsKIrwinMrsKIrwin Posts: 400
    I had the same thing to around 25 weeks. But now I get a pummeling!!
  • MiaLeaceyMiaLeacey Posts: 1,184
    Yes I had it too. They have a big growth spurt so sleep lots more at around that time. Try not to worry image
  • EllieKate83EllieKate83 Posts: 1,431
    I think I'm just entering this phase...

Baby has definitely slowed down yesterday & today (although can still feel small movements). How long does it last? Can't say I'm loving it, but from all your comments i guess there's no need to panic image
  • Hi Ellie, my baby stopped moving around Monday afternoon and only started properly kicking and moving about last night. I'd felt little movements but nothing compared to what I'm used to. We were actually on the verge of booking a private scan for peace of mind but baby is back to romping about now. Not as active or frequent as it was but kicks are def back to their normal strength x
  • EllieKate83EllieKate83 Posts: 1,431
    Thanks for that MarriedNow.

Hopefully it'll only last a few more days then. My hubby picked up the baby's heartbeat the other day (with his ear on my belly) so I might get him to try again later - just for peace of mind...
  • I tried with my mums stethoscope to hear the heartbeat last night but couldn't hear a thing! Despite that, Bean was dancing around, so it reassured me that they don't necessarily go hand in hand, sometimes you hear a heartbeat but don't feel a thing, and sometimes you feel kicks but can't hear a heartbeat!

I think the little ones are preparing us for all the worry of being mummy's!