Forum home You & Your Baby

My new arrival

Hi all

Just to let you know our daughter Caitlin Elizabeth was born 4.07am on 26th January. I have just got out of hospital today due to them reducing my blood pressure medication and also ensuring that Caitlin was feeding ok as she has a tongue tie.

I literally popped to the loo after sobbing my way through OBEM on Wednesday evening got into bed and my waters went, phoned the mat unit and they said to come in and be checked especially due to having high bp. Was in and they mentioned going home but then she said no actually you are further ahead than thought, I couldn't have a water birth due to the need to be monitored but I had a bath at that point for 1.5 hours, felt like 10 mins to me, and this helped loads with the pain.

The contractions got worse and I asked for an epidural at this time but they said too far along so I went ahead with gas and air

I ended up having to have ventouse assisted delivery as she started to get distressed and an episiotomy but apart from that healing all is good.

I had to express initially to get some milk into Caitlin due to her tongue tie she can't latch onto me but since getting some nipple sheilds and my milk coming today we have been feeding no problem

just glad to be home will post a pic when I have figured out how

• MrsH2128MrsH2128 Posts: 566
    Congratulations on Caitlin's safe arrival!!

Your labour sounds so much like mine ventouse and epi - best advice my mw gave me was to have a bath twice a day with 5 drops each of tee tree and lavendar oils and take arnica every 2 hours for the first few days, helped immensely with the pain from my stitches. And well done for sticking with bf - it's so enjoyable once you get the hang of it.

Enjoy this special time, they really do grow up so quickly!

xx
  • Can't wait to see a pic of your gorgeous girl, congratulations and go you for having such a straight forward labour after all the stress of your blood pressure beforehand!!!!

Sarah x

p.s hope you aren't too sore and recovery is quick!
  • MrsQM2MrsQM2 Posts: 3,723
    Congratulations on your new arrival!!

xxx
  • NikNiksNikNiks Posts: 736
    Congratulations Claire and welcome to Caitlin, that's such fantastic news!! Echo what Mrsh2128 said about tea tree oil drops in the bath, helped loads with my epi stitches...they are just about dissolved now 2 weeks on from the birth.

enjoy being at home with your gorgeous girl and make sure you rest lots

Lots of love

Niks xxxx
  • Awwwwwww congratulations, what fantastic news. All the best of luck with your little girl.....and please hang around to keep on giving your advice to all of us who have it all to come! xxx
  • Congratulations & hoping your both doing well x
  • do0obie_xdo0obie_x Posts: 833
    Congratulations!xxx
  • Congratulations on the arrival of your beautiful girl! Fab that you managed it on G&A, well done you!

Take care, hope all the healing etc happens as it should

Lots of love to your new little family xxx
  • MrsDunksMrsDunks Posts: 1,027
    Huge congratulations and hope to see a piccy or two soon! xxx
  • sweetjouksweetjouk Posts: 792
    Aww, congrats Claire, lovely news xx
  • Congratulations! Can't wait to see a pic x
  • KLC27KLC27 Posts: 580
    Congratulations!!! beautiful name!! xxx
  • RRrr2011RRrr2011 Posts: 1,262
    Congratulations. So glad that things went relatively smoothly after all your trips to hospital over the last few weeks. x x
  • EllieKate83EllieKate83 Posts: 1,431
    Congratulations Claire! I remember you getting your BFP (when I first started TTC) time flies in baby world.

So pleased it all went well & lovely choice of name xx
  • mum2be2011mum2be2011 Posts: 1,172
    Congratulations on your new arrival, enjoy every moment! And I agree with MrsH about tea tree and lavendar oils in the bath they really help and make you feel a bit cleaner as well without being able to use soap xx
  • MrsKW2011MrsKW2011 Posts: 1,592
    Congratulations image

Love the name (would be on my list of names but i think having to Kate's in the house would be a nightmare LoL)

xxx
  • m0nkeym00m0nkeym00 Posts: 841
    Congratulations! Wonderful news, we need to see pics of the little princess!! X x x
  • ditzidancerditzidancer Posts: 1,145
    Ahh congratulates! Glad it all happened naturally too. Can't wait for the photo! Xxx
  • sunsetskysunsetsky Posts: 669
    Congratulations! I am really happy for you, hope you are recovering well and looking forward to seeing your photos xxxxx
  • MiaLeaceyMiaLeacey Posts: 1,184
    Yay image Lovely news, lovely name and glad you didn't have to be induced! Congratulations xx
  • EleEle Posts: 592
    Congratulations!!! x
  • mrsleggomrsleggo Posts: 807
    Congratulations Claire....enjoy your new arrival!! Cherish every moment as they grow so fast

Dawn x
  • Congratulations xx
  • Coongratulations on the arrival of your new bundle! enjoy every moment can't wait to see pics x