fundal height change ? anyone experienced this.

Hey ladies,

So at my 24 & 28wk mw appointments my fundal height was measuring 2 weeks ahead of what I should have been. At my 31wk appointment it was spot on, and midwife said it was because it was head down and dropped into my pelvis (previously it had been breech and she thinks that was the reason for the larger measurements). Today at my 34wk midwife appointment it is measuring a 1 week behind, she said not to worry it was probably because it was low down.

Has anyone else had this?

I know babies have growth spurts so maybe its due one, but I can't help but worry that it is not growing properly.

• MrsKIrwinMrsKIrwin Posts: 400
    This happened to me last week. I have to see midwife weekly due to bp. She just asked me if I'd lost any fluid or had any tightenings which I hadn't but we think he had moved further down. Anyway this week I'm two cms bigger so at 37 weeks I'm measuring 39cms. With this baby I honestly think it depends if he is sticking his bottom out.
  • cebpickle1cebpickle1 Posts: 6,786
    I read that 2cm above or below is quite normal. And the fundal measurement isn't actually a sign of size of baby as mine kept growing even when Caitlin stopped growing inside me
  • m0nkeym00m0nkeym00 Posts: 841
    Thank you, you've definitely put my mind at ease. X
  • MAGICMERLINMAGICMERLIN Posts: 200
    I measured exactly right til week 36 then was a week ahead until this week when I measured exactly right. Don't think it meas much just that my baby is now pretty low, they give a leeway of about 2 cm each way anyways. x
  • GemNic13GemNic13 Posts: 534
    I don't think it is anything you should worry about, I measured 2cm bigger from about 30 weeks and the midwife said that they only normally consider it unusual if there is 4cm difference between dates and measurements. Like the midwife said, its most probably due to your LO dropping into your pelvis. Be prepared, your little muchkin may be on their way!

xxx