First Teeth

Just wondered at what age your little ones first teeth came through?

My LO is 24 weeks old and has had teething symptoms on and off for months yet there is no sign of a tooth as yet image

This week she has been suffering much more than before, I'm hoping they come through soon as I really feel sorry for her image

• My little boy suffered early with his but first tooth didn't come through til 10.5 months!! It took a while! He's 21.5 months now and still only has 12!x
  • NowMrsMNowMrsM Posts: 536
    Teething is so different...

Noah got his first 2 around 4 months.... And at 13 months now has 14!

• MrsH2128MrsH2128 Posts: 566
    My son started teething quite early on and now at 8 months they are still to make an appearance! He seems to be suffering more and more which I hate to see as I absolutely loathe dental pain. Have you tried teething powder? They are the only thing that seems to soothe him.
  • Wow! I can't believe how long it takes some for their first teeth to push through, I had no idea it could be so varied!

MrsH2128 - I haven't tried powders, just been using teething gel, cold teething rings and the odd spoonful of Calpol - I'll give powder a try, which brand do you use?
  • NowMrsMNowMrsM Posts: 536
    Noah used to get on well with the boots own brand teething powder sachets which have identical active ingredients to the teetha brand one.....

But now we're on multiple molars we've found only calpol does the job. Thankfully he doesn't seem to suffer too much x
  • MrsH2128MrsH2128 Posts: 566
    I have used both Boots own brand and Nelson's Teetha and both do the job. They are also the same price too.
  • mum2be2011mum2be2011 Posts: 1,172
    LO has been showing signs of teething since 8 weeks and last week (16 weeks) his bottom tooth broke the surface and came through. It started with a bruise on his gum then it went really white and the next day it had cut the gum, I find teetha really good but if he's having a really bad time I give him calpol x
  • Archie is 6 months and his bottom 2 have just popped through, they have been bothering him for months so im glad they are finally through! Hopefully you lo's won't be too much longer x