Plain white, sleeveless vests??

Is it just me? I can't seem to find any plain white vests in any of the supermarkets.

Everyone always says you can have enough white vests so I wanted to buy a few newborn and a stock of 0-3.

Can only find patterned ones and with sleeves....

Can prob get them in mothercare or next but I'm sure they will be quite a bit more expensive ..?

• suevegas24suevegas24 Posts: 219
    What about Matalan, they normally have a good range.
  • MrsQM2MrsQM2 Posts: 3,723
    Sainsburys is the only place I've found these - they were £4.50 for a pack of 3 or 4.
  • martinej1martinej1 Posts: 688
    I'll check out Matalan. I was hoping to get them from Sainsburys as they have 25% off clothing this week but my store doesn't have any.

My mum just looked in Tesco and none their either.

Just seems so odd that it could be so difficult to buy plain white vests. (I am just assuming that sleeveless is better than short sleeves?)
  • cebpickle1cebpickle1 Posts: 6,786
    in regards to sleeveless I only know of mothercare, the short sleeved ones don't have very long sleeves and we have used these and are fine, and you can get them really cheap in plain white, why do you want sleeveless?
  • sweetjouksweetjouk Posts: 792
    Sleeveless are best in proper hot summer weather but ones with short sleeved are fine for regular weather (which is most common!). Long sleeved vests are good for under dungarees so it's always worth having a mix.

Our baby was born in Sept of last year and we only used sleeveless vests occasionally. Once when it was really hot (like 28 C) and after he'd had his jabs and had a temp. So depends when you're due I guess.

My sains didn't have 25% off clothes this week! image But yes, I've seen sleeveless ones in there. Sains are rubbish for not having all sizes though. They seem to have totally underestimated the number of 6 - 9 month old babies in the local area as I can't find hardly anything in Eli's size at mo!

Thanks ladies. I'm heading back to sainsburys this afternoon to get. A few bits for myself so will have another look. Although I don't think they had any plain white with sleeves either.

Everything just seems to be pink or blue and we are team yellow.

I think I just assumed a vest would be sleeveless and they look a bit more comfy for the baby, but I see what your saying so I'll get the short sleeved ones if they have them.

Think the 25%off started yesterday and they are advertising on Tv so I would double check with your store ..

• sweetjouksweetjouk Posts: 792
    I think Tesco are good for short sleeved plain white. A lot of places do them in white quite cheaply simply because they will go with / under anything.

We were team yellow too and it's surprising how hard it is to get neutral stuff! We also found that it was more expensive to kit out nursery with a theme that was gender neutral as everywhere had a value range of pink or blue but anything yellow, brown, cream, animal themed etc seemed to be at least 15% more expensive!
    with sleeves pack of three from george was less than £3 but Caitlin has small shoulders and they are quite wide on the shoulders

from sainsburys we got pack of white one was plain, one with a small bear on and one with three small stars, got matching sleepsuits too as we were team yellow too
    Just bought the same ones cebpickle - these were the only neutral ones they had!

It's hard to know how much to buy and what sizes isn't it. I know we will get lots of clothes once baby is born but I think most people tend to buy outfits rather than the basics (which is what you need lots of).
    we did get bought quite a few sleepsuits from people and loads of bibs but only my aunt got us body suits as both my cousins have had babies recently.

We bought newborn and Caitlin ended up being tiny baby we have been bought loads of 0-3 month stuff

I did get some sleepsuits half price in the next sale and at the weekend loads of stuff from M & S online, got a pack of 5 bodysuits that are patterned but neutral for £5, a coat for next winter for £5 too
  • NikNiksNikNiks Posts: 736
    Hi ya, tesco definitely do the sleeveless vests, oack of three for £2.50... If not instore locally they are online in tesco clothing under baby essentials and they are really good quality and wash well, also have some from asda that are great too.

Xx
  • Asda do the vests you are after and they are really cheap!
  • mrsleggomrsleggo Posts: 807
    I bought mine from Dunnes store.

Dawn x