colic & infacol

Hi,

My little Mya is suffering with colic. I have been and bought some anti colic bottles today but wonded if anyone has any other tips or had used infacol? My SIL mentioned it today so I'm considering getting some tomorrow.

Mya is only 4days old so not sure about using it, although it says from birth.

Any advise would be helpful, it breaks my heart to see her distressed. X

• MrsKIrwinMrsKIrwin Posts: 400
    Jake gets colic although not as bad now tongue tie has been cut. We give him infacol with feeds and we have raised one end of his matress up with some towels. This helped instantly!!!
  • waited82waited82 Posts: 399
    We used infacol with first lo and it worked for about 3 weeks but she then started to refuse to have it and when she did we found she started to get immune to it so we switched to detinox colic drops.we found these better as u just add them to the bottle so we know she was getting the full dose. It also really improved her colic.

We got loads of info on winding on the net aswell and the best ways to hold her to get it up. Sometimes we were winding her for ages after a feed but it did make a difference once it was all up. Maybe worth looking up
  • waited82waited82 Posts: 399
    Forgot to say- try to keep her upright during a feed and for atleast half hour after to help with the wind. We also used tommee tippee colic bottles. Don't really think they helped too much so also increased the teat size to size 2 ( advice from hv) as babies can sometimes have to work too hard to get the milk out which can also cause them to take on more wind. We also switched to colic formula but see ure breast feeding so this doesn't matter really.

I know its hard to watch but she will get better and learn to bring her wind up easier. Its all so new to her and shes still learning how to eat too. Keep going and it will improve!
  • cebpickle1cebpickle1 Posts: 6,786
    We used infacol initially as thought Caitlin had colic, she had some distressed nights, she also wasn't getting enough to eat we later found but that is a different issue. The infacol did work for the wind, the other thing I would suggest for colic babies once they are old enough is baby massage as we were shown techniques for colic and wind.
  • MrsH2128MrsH2128 Posts: 566
    I used infacol for my son occasionally when he needed it and it worked fine. I noticed in one of your other posts you mentioned Mya was mucousy, my lo had this problem from birth and I found that a mattress wedge helped brilliantly and he slept and breathed so much better, we bought one for both his moses basket and for his cot but you could just elevate one side of the moses basket with something else if she still has this problem.
  • shellbob73shellbob73 Posts: 3,152
    Our daughter had colic.

We ended up using Tommee Tippee anti colic bottles, we switched to a comfort milk (we used Aptamil but there are other brands) and we also used Colief. This costs about £12.00 from the chemist for a tiny bottle (eye drop sized) but you can get it on prescription - just see your GP.

This combination worked for our daughter & made the cold much much better.
  • m0nkeym00m0nkeym00 Posts: 841
    Thank-you ladies,

Bought some detinox and anti-colic bottles. I can't believe the difference its made!

Thank-you image
  • mum2be2011mum2be2011 Posts: 1,172
    We used the same anti-colic bottles and dentinox and it worked wonders, hope your wee bundle gets better soon x