Baby sleeping bag?

Hi Ladies,

So baby Mya won't settle at sleep time so Im trying her in a sleeping bag. I just wondered is a 2.5tog sleeping bag ok on its own or would she need a blanket too??

Our room varies between 18-20 degrees (with the window cracked open), I'd usually use one doubled over cotton sheet and one doubled over cellular blanket (so in effect 2 cotton blankets & 2 cellular blankets).

I have put her down in it this sleep time and she has settled, but I don't want her to be too cold in it tonight or too warm.

• roo10roo10 Posts: 722
    Hiya,

Still waiting for our little one but we've been told just to use a sleeping bag by our friends who have children & from family who have children.

Hope she settles for you

Xx
  • shellbob73shellbob73 Posts: 3,152
    Yes, just use the sleeping bag on its own.

Depending on how cold it is you may want to give her extra clothes underneath.

Our son (now 5 months old) has been in a sleeping bag since birth and he's usually OK in a bodysuit (long sleeved during the colder months) and a sleep suit. On really cold nights we put him a knitted cardi too.
  • m0nkeym00m0nkeym00 Posts: 841
    Thank you,

I asked the health visitor and they echoed what you ladies have said, just the sleeping bag.

Thakns again image
  • cebpickle1cebpickle1 Posts: 6,786
    Hi I have a gro bag and it says up to 20 degrees 2.5 tog warmer than this 1 tog, it says just this and not to use with blankets
  • pinkravenpinkraven Posts: 13
    Hi Ladies,

my lo is 4 weeks on Friday and have started using a sleeping bag for her. I put a long sleeved sleep suit on her and just the bag, no covers. The bedroom was 19 degrees, when I woke her for her morning feed the sleep suit was damp with sweat at her back. Has anyone else experienced this?

Clare
  • m0nkeym00m0nkeym00 Posts: 841
    We've used the sleeping bag the past few nights. It's been between 18-20 degrees and its a 2.5rig, she seemed fine, not sweaty just cold hands but the health visitor said not to worry about cold hands.

Mya sleeps so much better in it then being swaddledin blankets
  • cebpickle1cebpickle1 Posts: 6,786
    pink raven we have not had this with room the same temp and bodysuit, not being patronising but was it definately sweat as a couple of times we have had a wee that has escaped out the top of the nappy causing a wet back

Glad it has worked Sarah, my LO has been so much better in them and I would recommend to anyone