Baby Bouncers

Just wanted to find out from those who are already Mummies whether a baby bouncer is needed? Currently trying to decide which baby items are needed and which are not! Especially as many baby bouncers can only be used up to 6 months.

If you have one do you use it often?

Thanks

• waited82waited82 Posts: 399
    I personally couldn't have been without ours for our lo! she didn't like the moses basket so she would lie in the bouncer most of the day when little as it layed flat. It was handy when ure trying to eat tea or get things done etc We brought a zebra bouncer from babies r us and it can be used from birth and we used it till about 7-8 months and our lo could sit up on our own on the floor so it wasn't needed. I would personally say they are very handy and would advise getting one.
  • MrsKIrwinMrsKIrwin Posts: 400
    Same here. Couldn't live without ours. At the mo its pretty much flat but he's only 6 weeks.
  • William is 15 weeks and spends more time in his bouncer than anywhere else during the day.
  • cebpickle1cebpickle1 Posts: 6,786
    Do you mean a chair or door bouncer? If chair then total must have caitlin comes round the house with Me in hers including in the bathroom while i have shower. i didnt have it til she was 6 weeks and it helped so much
  • roo10roo10 Posts: 722
    Hiya,

We were going to get a bouncer but bought a rocker. We wanted to have something to put the baby in as otherwise you'd be holding them.or leaving them in their Moses basket.

Xx
  • MrsQM2MrsQM2 Posts: 3,723
    We have been given both a bouncer and a swinger, the bouncer is a lot lighter, and I'll be able to move that around more so bubs can still see when showering like cebpickle mentioned and pegging washing out - here's hoping the weather will be good enough to hang washing out!!
    miss pears I don't see why not my lo will drop off i her chair and there doesn't seem any need to move her I have a fisher price one that vibrates and she loves it
  • mrsleggomrsleggo Posts: 807
    we had a bouncer and a swinging chair and our little one prefered the swinging chair. Although personally I thought it swung a little too fast for my liking.

And when your little ones are sitting up I would recommend a jumperoo. My little girl spent lots of time in hers playing with all the little dangly things. It meant I could get cleaning done without worrying about her.

Dawn x
  • Flossy17Flossy17 Posts: 289
    Thank you all for your replies. Based on your reviews I will definately be getting one now.

I got my aunt to get mine, i wouldnt get everything before hand as people will want to get you tbings