Forum home You & Your Baby

Family issues ttc related

• cebpickle1cebpickle1 Posts: 6,786
    My best friend went through this,she then had her son through IVF and he is 5 in the summer and a little girl naturally last November.

Her and her husband went to councelling due to their feelings when others were getting pregnant, her SIL has 6 children and each time she got pregnant both had the feelings you describe in your husband.

It is difficult but this child will be your future neice or nephew and you need to be able to sort this now before the child is born and resented
  • Hi Sputnik

I sort of understand where your post is coming from. Last year when we got married - well 11 months before - his cousin announced she was pregnant and wouldnt be able to travel to ireland to the wedding as the baby would only be 2 months - she also insisted that her parents stay behind and not attend our wedding - leavin my hubby with no one there on his side. She was 19 and extremely immature - think taking pictures of herself in her undies and posting them on facebook!! image I felt hurt for many reasons like the fact that we really wanted to be the first to give both of our grandparents their first great grandchildren. When you have an image in your head about how things are meant to go and suddenly your bubble crashes it can be very difficult not to hold a grudge.

I also understand that when your trying so hard to have a baby suddenly everyone around you is pregnant and every advert on telly is about nappies or pregnancy tests!! When it comes so close to home it feels like the whole world is against you.

The only thing I can suggest to you is to talk to your hubby, maybe stay away for a couple of weeks to let it calm down. Always try to convince him that when its your time it will be so special and he will forget all about this..plus stressing himself out wont help you trying image sperm doesnt like stress!!

I hope he feels a bit better about the situation soon xxx
  • Sputnik123Sputnik123 Posts: 186
    H
  • Sputnik123Sputnik123 Posts: 186
    Sorry, I broke own on phone to mum and explained everything. Then, I felt bad for posting about it. Didn't know how to delete post properly. Sorry.
  • cebpickle1cebpickle1 Posts: 6,786
    no worries you were asking for advice not bitching about anyone
  • katyh1982katyh1982 Posts: 505
    Hey,

Know you have deleted it but I throught would reply as I kinda got the gyst and soooooo understand where you are coming from!

However, IT will be O.K!

My younger brother and his wife got pregnant pretty much on their wedding day last year. We have been ttc for 5 months (know its not ages but it still feels like it's not going to be easy!) This is the first grandchild etc etc and at first I was gutted. I felt that I wanted to give them 1st grand child, that I was hopeless, that I really wanted a child before I was 30 and now I'm not etc etc... Then I broke down in tears to my Mum in Starbucks (classy I know!) and realisms that although it seemed important to me that it wasn't as big as I was making it.

Anyway fast forward a bit and my Nephew was born on Friday- He looks gorgeous and I'm so proud of my little brother. I was soo worried that I would feel jealous but I don't. I still feel a bit down about ttc but nowhere near as bad as I did!