Forum home You & Your Baby

Teething

Mya has been teething since around 6weeks old but the past few days have been really bad! She is crying most of her wake time, sleeping a lot more than normal and is struggling to feed. She cries about half way through her bottle and her gums are sore and red, it takes a lot to calm her. I then try her bottle again and she stats sucking only to start crying again almost immediately. I've been using dentinox and bonjela teething gels, cooled teething toys and dummies, and calpol. I tried to get so ambesol liquid on the recommendation on a friend but everywhere is out of stock! She can't have teething crystals because of the lactose. Is there anything else! Thank you

• cebpickle1cebpickle1 Posts: 6,786
    I find the bonjela a lot better than dentinox if she has that on gums and has taken calpol i dont think there is a lot more you can do at same time. My friend had something will check name of it for youcould only get from pharmacy
    Hi it is anbesol my friend had a liquid you put on babies gums but can only get over counter in pharmacy
  • Have you tried teething crystals? I used them when my LO was really upset when teething and they were the only thing that calmed her down.

I used Boots own brand and Nelsons Teetha, both worked.
  • I think you've tried the best things. Anbesol is amazing but it has been discontinued which is why you can't find it. It will be back at some stage but not for months. Apparently they have supply issues. I have half a bottle left and I'm using it very sparingly. I hope your little one is feeling better soon, it's very hard to see them in pain image

• Sorry, just seen that you'd said she can't have teething crystals.. Sorry! Damn iPod didn't display the last part of your message.

Hope your LO gets better soon. It's so heartbreaking when they are so upset. My LO started teething at around 12 weeks and didn't get her first tooth til she was 9 months.. We had lots of disturbed nights image
    There is anbesol baby gel but looks like boots sell it online
  • NikNiksNikNiks Posts: 736
    Hi ya have you tried the calprofen as well as/instead of calpol...I found that worked much better for Lewis and he got to sleep after a dose of that, also used the nelsons powders which are fab so its a shame mya cant take them. In terms of toys etc, i found that the only thing lewis would chew properly is his sophie giraffe, the feet are perfect size for chomping on. Also put a wet clean flannel in the freezer till stiff and see if szhe will chew that for.some temporary relief. Hope it eases off soon for you hun, its a tough time, Lewis started at 10 wks and cut his first tooth today at 5.5 months!
  • Oh yes Sophie! I forgot about her, my lo loved her, definitely worth the money image

Caitlin chews her Sophie more than any of the teething ring things we got
  • m0nkeym00m0nkeym00 Posts: 841

Thank you for your replies ladies!!!

I managed to get some anbesol teething gel today, it made an isnstant difference. I had seen on a site it was 4months plus but when i bought it today there were no age restrictions on the packaging or leaflet. 

I hadn't heard of sophie the giraffe, I will have to have a look. She is always chewing her hands or anything else she can grab hold of and put in her mouth bless her. 

I'll definitely try a cool wet clean flannel!! 

Thanks again image

Hi the giraffe initually might look expensive for a rubber squeeky toy but it really is worth it. Glad the gel works