Forum home You & Your Baby

Postnatal irregular bleeding on the pill

My daughter is 8 1/2 weeks and I went back on the pill for contraceptive reasons at 6 1/2 weeks. I'm not breast feeding so am on mercilon. I hadn't experienced any bleeding since around 4 weeks but am now 2 weeks into my pill pack and started bleeding today when I still have a week to go before my break and expected 'period' Did anyone else experience this irregular bleed? Is it normal?! Not sure if I should talk to gp or just leave it for now x

• MrsDunksMrsDunks Posts: 1,027
    Hi married, I met my HV on mon and she was asking me all the routine q's including about my bleeding (had daughter 3.5 weeks ago) which has pretty much stopped - she then warned me it was not unusual for it to start again even in a few weeks time, and as long as not really really heavy or passing clots was normal. I don't know what effect starting the pill would have though, so might be worth ringing gp (or HV) just to chat about it xxx
  • cebpickle1cebpickle1 Posts: 6,786
    Hi it isnt unusual for bleeding to occur 10 weeks or so post birth so would think the bleed is related to that rather than being a period as such