Forum home You & Your Baby

Refusing milk ???

Hey all, 

Today Mya has only been drinking 2-3 oz of her bottle then cries and spits it out. I offer it her again and she does one or two sucks before again spitting it out crying. 

She has been teething the past few weeks, and the last few days have been very bad. I have an appointment at the Dr at 5pm, but just wondered if anyone else had experienced this??

She normally loves her dummy too but keeps chewing on it or spitting it out, instead she wants to chew on her hands and doesn't want to suck. 

Could it be teething thats doing this??

• cebpickle1cebpickle1 Posts: 6,786

Hi Sarah

It probably is the teething, as it might be too painful to suck, have you tried after putting teething gel on her gums?

I know it is close to your dr appointment but they also have days where they aren't hungry, just like they go through hungry days when they are going through a growth spurt

Good luck at the dr

• m0nkeym00m0nkeym00 Posts: 841
    Thank you for your reply.

Yeh I've been using anbesol teething gel which numbs the gums but it hasn't made much difference.

The dr's think it is either her teeth or an infection, so I have got to keep an eye on her over the next few days to see how she goes.

It's just so worrying when they don't eat. I know she is hardly famished but I worry that she's not getting everything she needs.

Dr did comment though that she looked content, and she was smiling at them so at least she was happy image the dr's prob think I'm a neurotic mother lol