Cradle Cap

Has anyone's little one suffered with Cradle Cap? If so what did you find best to get rid of it?

My little one is 12 weeks old and has it, and just wondering what people used for it?

• m0nkeym00m0nkeym00 Posts: 841
    Olive oil, I put it on mya's head at night when she has it. Seems to work ok x
  • tonixxx1tonixxx1 Posts: 339

do u just put it straight onto the scalp? do you wash it off on a morning sarah?  xx

• cebpickle1cebpickle1 Posts: 6,786
    We had a bit of it covered with olive oil at night and folded muslin under lo head. I would just wash over head with warm water and cotton wool in the morning. It cleared really well

Well I've put olive oil over her scalp tonight, her hair looks rather greasy haha! How did yu guys manage to wash the oil out the next day?

Its not terrible the cradle cap, and she has quite a lot of hair so that covers it, how long does it generally last anyone know? or why they get it? I mentioned it to my DR at her 6 week check and he just didnt really say anything about it xx

• m0nkeym00m0nkeym00 Posts: 841
    Hey, yeh I just rubbed it on with cotton wool and washed it off in the morning. It washed off fine image

My nephews are 4yrs and still get it sometimes, my SIL said its when they get sweaty at night that they get it.

Dentinox do a cradle cap shampoo which you could try if the olive oil doesn't work.

Mya's is more on her forehead and just a little into the hair. She also has a lot of hair, so it covers what is under it.
    I applied with cotton wool too a lot of it soaked in overnight tbh though did wash with water

Thanks girls, I'll see how this olive oil works!
    I had got the detinox shampoo but it seemed to make it worse image
    It's not bothering her, and I no I could just leave it, but I know if I've ever had a dry scalp it itches like mad, and am scared incase it's itching her, although it doesnt seem to be she is as content at ever!

Will let you no how we get on with the olive oil....fingers crossed! image xx

I used the johnsons top to toe shampoo as really mild
  • NikNiksNikNiks Posts: 736
    As well as all the suggestions above use a soft baby hair brush each day as this willmalsonhelps dislodge and remove the flakes... Lewis had it and it completely cleared in about 5-6 weeks.
  • MiaLeaceyMiaLeacey Posts: 1,184
    William had it once and I just brushed it all out, applied olive oil and it never came back!