4 week old and wedding

Hey ladies

I am a bridesmaid at one of my best friends weddings a week on Saturday and Will will be 4 nearly 5 weeks old then.  I'm mainly breastfeeding so plan to continue to do this when i can throughout the day/evening.  Just trying to work out timings etc but obv there is no proper routine yet.  He's staying with my mum during the ceremony and we will pick him up on the way to the reception venue.  No doubt he will be greeted with so many cuddles and hugs.  Does anyone have any good tips or pointers to help us survive!!

Also i'm looking for a cute onesie/vest suit for little boy but struggling!  Any suggestions?? image

• We took our daughter to a wedding at 4 weeks and she was good as gold! Everyone will want to see and have a shot of the new baby and at that age she just fed and slept! She slept right through most of the ceremony, fed just after, slept until after meal, fed just after and we left about 9pm. We found the band (ceilidh) were loud but she slept through it until the break between songs when she'd startle everytime they started up again so we called it a night. She was still getting up 2 or 3 times a night then so we wanted our bed!

Hubby was fully prepared to vacate the room quickly if we had any crying or screaming during the ceremony or meal. Isla for a fright when everyone clapped after a reading and started crying so Chris just took her straight out as we didn't want to draw attention or ruin the ceremony for the bride & groom or other guests.

Make sure you have plenty nappies, muslins and a change of clothes just in case. Also blankets or extra muslins for layering depending on the weather and just have a great day and enjoy showing off the wee man! It was our first family outing and we were so proud of our little girl!!

We just had her in a pale pink mothercare dress but I would just put him in something comfortable, Isla could have been in a sleep suit the whole day and noone would have batted an eye.
  • cebpickle1cebpickle1 Posts: 6,786
    You should be fine do take plenty of muslins to protect your dress and the bride. Have you looked in M and S they have gorgeous baby clothes

As much as possible go with babies routine if it fits as less chance of them getting frustrated and dont be afraid to seek quiet time if need it.
  • ditzidancerditzidancer Posts: 1,145

thanks girls.  i'm excited but scared!  theres so much to think of - baby and myself on bridesmaid duties!  also had leaky boobs last night - this has never happened before now so now i think i'll have to put a good load of pads in my bra just incase!  at least i'l have a good cleavage!

i'll have to go on a little shopping trip.  i've seen this vest on amazon which is quite cute ...http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0072IG76O/ref=s9_simh_gw_p75_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1H0123Q2SHTHYCQ189FS&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467128533&pf_rd_i=468294

• heliganedenheliganeden Posts: 1,848

Have you thought about expressing at all? Would make it easier throughout the day if someone else can also feed him image

Tbh I think him being so little will make it easier, he'll just sleep, feed and be fussed over all day image

yeh i'm going to try and express the day before, fingers crossed i get enough to keep him going but we also have a carton of aptimel first milk as a back up.  not sure what to do about the bottles though, how long they stay sterile and if i store my breastmilk in the fridge from the day before, which we get it out in the morning - how long after can it be used?

i really hope he sleeps!  he is def going to love the cuddles and attention.

Do you have thermal bottle holders either in change bag or seperate ones as milk will keep longer in one. Can you put them in your mums fridge when you drop him off?

You will want to feed at some point though otherwise boobs will get painful. or hand express in the loos and throw away.
    Oh and if you have a steriliser bottles stay sterile up to 24 hours in it

oh yes i do actually in my yummy mummy bag image My mum lives about an hour from us so it'll be out of the fridge for an hour.  Actually, i just thought could i put the bottles in a cooler bag until we get to my mums?  I'm thinking if we will only need one bottle in the change bag so could pop that in the pocket when we pick him up.

I'm def going to be feeding him when i can.  Once the ceremony and pictures are over things will become more relaxed and we've already been told there's lots of rooms we can use for feeding.