Hospital Bag - help!

Hi was really looking for some advice on what to pack, the lists seem never ending. i don't want to end up taking loads of stuff i don't need but at the same time my hubby works offshore and family live hundreds of miles away so theres a chance it could be one of my friends that comes to the hospital with me and i don't want them having to go back to my house and have to find stuff because i havnt packed enough or the right stuff. Thanks

• mol1977mol1977 Posts: 307
    Hi there, there is a list on the first page of the july thread which is pretty useful, might be worth taking a look at xx
  • lf4ctlf4ct Posts: 352
    oh thanks Mol I'll have a look x
  • cebpickle1cebpickle1 Posts: 6,786
    I would echo the front page of the july thread as others have commented on it
  • MrsKIrwinMrsKIrwin Posts: 400
    Maternity pads. I used a lot more than I thought. X
  • cebpickle1cebpickle1 Posts: 6,786
    To be honest if you think friends will need to bring more then pack it. It also depends how long you have to stay in for. I had my baby 4am on thurs and didnt go home til Sat pm so needed quite a few clothes for her and changes of underwear for me.
  • Roo1983Roo1983 Posts: 416
    I've gone by the July thread list too! We've been adding to it as we go along so should be pretty up to date! Xx
  • lf4ctlf4ct Posts: 352
    Thanks for all the advice girls x
  • MrsKW2011MrsKW2011 Posts: 1,592
    I'd echo the extra clothes and pants incase u get kept in...I made hubby go and buy an extra pack of cheapie pants because I didn't have enough ... I'd also suggest getting them in a size bigger and you are wearing when you get to the end of your pregnancy as they are much more comfortable this way if you have any stitches or if you end up having an emergency c-section they shouldn't interfer with where the cut is xxx