Forum home You & Your Baby

Blenders etc

Hi,

For anyone that has got the daunting task of weaning coming up, thought I would mention that I was in Sainsburys yesterday and they had 60% off loads of blenders and food processors. I just looked online and the one I got isn't reduced online so apologies if its just in my local store but I doubt it would be! image

• martinej1martinej1 Posts: 688
    I shall be heading out to sainsburys tomorrow to have a look then.

Can anyone recommend a good blender - is hand one easier?
  • cebpickle1cebpickle1 Posts: 6,786

I have found a hand one easier, ours also has a small pot attachment on it that is great.  If I made the quantities of puree to go in the big one I didn't have enough pots!! Boots do great pack of 8 small weaning pots, were on 3 for 2, can go in freezer and dishwasher . The ones with green and yellow lids

• EllieKate83EllieKate83 Posts: 1,431
    When are you two thinking of starting? (Emma & Alicia). Our LOs are about the same age... Don't think I can possibly wait til 6 months!
  • lbarr10lbarr10 Posts: 586
    We just bought the small tommee tippee blender to start with and it's working well for us. We get 2-3 portions out of it which is fine x
  • martinej1martinej1 Posts: 688
    Ellie - Toby will turn 4 months whilst we are on holiday so will def wait until we are home before I even think about it.

I think I will just start by letting him taste various foods just to get him used to it. That way once he actually needs it we will be ready to go.

Think I'm going to buy the Annabel karmel book for some guidance as I have no idea where to start!! .. Quite a daunting thought isn't it!
  • picklepickpicklepick Posts: 1,141

Aldi have a blender in their specials this week. £12.99.

https://aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/special_buys3_26175.htm

• cebpickle1cebpickle1 Posts: 6,786
    There are a lot of free recipes on the Annabelle Karmel site. On the cow and gate website you can request a 5 steps to weaning plan which is really helpful for suggested first tastes. also recipes on heinz website.

If you already have a blender or hand blender no need to buy another. we have moved from puree to mashed food within 10 weeks

our local childrens centre runs weaning workshops that were helpful..
  • Ellie,Isla is just over 13 weeks and a little piglet when it comes to food! She gets baptised end of September, don't fancy trying to feed her in her dress, so i'm thinking start of October, she'll be just over 17 weeks then! I've bought some baby rice and baby porridge to start and will be ordering Annabelles book! Our babies are growing up!