Forum home You & Your Baby

Baby backpack carriers

Hi everyone

I was wondering if anyone has any first hand or second hand experience of these?

Willow is 7 months & we have been using a baby bjorn front carrier since birth (which I can't recommend highly enough - it's brilliant) but she's getting quite big for it now.  We do a lot of countryside/beach walking and the pushchair, even though its good off road, isn't ideal so lookig to upgrade to one of those baby/toddler back carriers.

I know nothing about them, but would probably look to get a decent brand secondhand, rather than a budget one new.

Any ideas/feedback/recommendations would be appreciated.

• mubeemubee Posts: 1,039

we bought a macpac Vamoose for when we go hiking with baby. It had good reviews, but we have not used it yet, of course as baby is due beg of March. We got a second hand one from ebay, only used 4 times, so almost brand new really.

• cebpickle1cebpickle1 Posts: 6,786
    My friend recently got one and likes it so will check what they have
  • weve got a little life for our 10 month old, hes getting too heavy for me to carry him in it but my husband does, my son loves it, hes high up and can look around him and see whats going on.  We got ours 2nd hand off ebay!

• MrsQM2MrsQM2 Posts: 3,723
    We have been very fortunate to have been given a little life backpack. It is brilliant! We use it quite a bit (William is eight months now) and hubby has now mastered the art of putting it on by himself, some of them are a bit diddly to do on your own. William obviously also finds it rather comfy as he does tend to fall asleep in it!

When we were looking, Osprey ones got good reviews, but both osprey and little life are quite pricey, but there were some available on eBay, as I certainly didn't intend to buy one at full price!
  • EllieKate83EllieKate83 Posts: 1,431

Thanks for the recommendations  It sounds like they are all pretty good so far.  i will start trawling ebay for bargains image

• HRoper2bHRoper2b Posts: 563

We got a macpac off ebay as well.  Got a total bargain for £10.  Its old, has been well used but with a scrub it was perfect for what we wanted  Sam loves it!

Sorry me again.

Just wondering if you have the big full framed ones or the smaller more backpack like ones. I'm tempted to get a littlelife ultralight, or maybe the cross country one but then again it might be more sensible to get a bigger one which would last longer... Does anyone have one that's more like a convertiblebackpack?

So confused!
  • martinej1martinej1 Posts: 688
    Just gatecrashing your thread Ellie.

Wanted to ask if the back packs r light and can be rolled up small enough to put in hand luggage and take on holiday.

Just thinking of something to carry him in when we get off the plane as its a long walk to collect luggage/pushchair and we will struggle to carry him in our arms.

Wonder if back pack would be a good idea?
    Emma, I've bought a kanga kid convertible backpack on Ebay, will let you know what its like. Its meant to be brand new so if I hate it I reckon I can sell it on for profit.