Centerparcs

Hi ladies,

Not been on here for a few months as have been kept so busy by my son. We are taking him on his first holiday to Centerparcs (Elvedon) in March when he will be 19 months. Has anyone been to a CP before and if so, what were the cots like?  I am concerned that they will be too small for him and not wide enough and he has outgrown his travel cot.  He moves from side to side in his cotbed at home but as it's quite roomy he is fine in it. 

The only other thing I thought of was buying a portable bed guard and putting him in a  bed. 

Thanks image

• MrsQM2MrsQM2 Posts: 3,723
    Hi, we went to centre parcs (whinfell forest)November, William was 7 months old then, and the cot was fine. It was, I think, a standard sized cot, so no problem size wise. The mattress was good too, we took our own waterproof and fitted sheet. The cot was in the dining area, but it was just the three if us, we moved this into the second bedroom, pushed the single beds together which gave us more room to maneouvre about in there.

Have a fabulous time, were going back this November.
  • cebpickle1cebpickle1 Posts: 6,786
    My friend used one of the toddler beds when we went and her lo was that age do didnt see their cot

I love Centre Parcs Elvedon has been done up since we went 3 years ago. Sure if you rang them they would give you cot dimensions
  • MrsH2128MrsH2128 Posts: 566

What are the toddler beds? They do have dimensions online but although it seems long enough, the width seems too narrow and Luca always wakes up in his travel cot and refuses to go back to sleep in it!  

They are called ready beds Jo. Suitable from 18months not at Centre Parcs sorry she took her own. They sell them in Argos but are next step from Travel cot.

How is it going in Norwich?
    Thanks, never heard of them, will check them out. Norwich is great thanks Claire, hubby loves his job but we will probably move back north early next year before we decide to have baby no.2. We always knew we would only be here for a couple of years max. Looking forward to centerparcs, it will be our first holiday since april 2011.

How is Caitlin doing now? X
    She is great, will be 1 in 3 weeks.. No idea where the time has gone. She is crawling and standing so dont think walking will be long. Go back to work on 15th 3 days a week which i have mixed feelings about. Glad you like it even if it was a shortish time you are there.
  • m0nkeym00m0nkeym00 Posts: 841
    I haven't been since having Mya , but went to the Shortwood forest one with family. My twin nephews were 18months and they were fine in the cots. They were always big babies too, so you should be fine xxx

Hi Claire, that sounds quite similar to how Luca was at that age, he took his first few steps a few weeks after his 1st birthday and started to walk properly a fortnight later - now he has learnt to run (not very fast thankfully).

Thanks Sarah, think I will buy a bedguard just incase the cot is too small, will need one eventually anyway. 

• roo10roo10 Posts: 722
    Hiya,

On the subject of centre parcs, is there much to do there for babies? X
    The swimming pool is open daily 10 til.10 and the is a dedicated small children atea there, the pool is free to use. There are outdoor play areas and soft play type areas in some of the restaurants. I really want to take Caitlin this year and she will be 1.

There is a sensory session for the lo's and we have booked Luca in for messy play and the soft play.  There isn't much for the under 2-3s but with the swimming pool and outdoor play areas, I am hoping these will keep Luca entertained. 

• picklepickpicklepick Posts: 1,141

We're going to Centerparcs for the first time this Summer with another couple and their one year old daughter. I can't wait!!! My husband's into bikes so we're taking ours and getting Gracie a seat that attaches. I know she'll love the swimming pool, too.

What sort of thing is there to do of an evening? Do they have shows on like at Haven, etc?

Not sure if shows there was a kiddies disco which then became family disco then adult.

We eat out. 10pin bowling. Or stay in the villa.
  • martinej1martinej1 Posts: 688
    Don't suppose anyone has a discount code they would be willing to share please?
    I don't think they do them any more Emma just do cheaper and more expensive weekends. sign up for their newsletter
  • martinej1martinej1 Posts: 688
    Thanks Claire. I know sometimes they do the come back soon offers, which aren't much - just a voucher to spend when u get there but better than nothing.

We were expecting a staff discount but it all got messed up so any get it now which is annoying image