nappies

Hiya, Looking for some help. Chloe is currently using pampers baby dry at night and size 4. In the last wk-10days, the nappy keeps leaking! She sleeps on her front so it always the front of her thays wet, and goes through 2 vests and babygro and onto sleeping bag! We've tried size 4plus and they still leak. Has anybody had the same problem? Or which nappies would ve best overnight? She's in it about 13hours! Thanks Xx

• cebpickle1cebpickle1 Posts: 6,786
    We use Asda little angels comfort dry at night and no leaks Caitlin is in same time

Good value too it is 2 packs 48 nappies size 4 for 10pound
  • EllieKate83EllieKate83 Posts: 1,431
    I use the asda nappies too and am really impressed. We've never had leaks at night with them and as Claire says they are quite cheap. Willow is in size 4 but I accidentally bought 4+ the other day in the active fit ones and they fit her really well, maybe as she's tall?

Anyway, asda highly recommended x
  • ditzidancerditzidancer Posts: 1,145
    We had the same problem now hes sleeping on front and side! They just seem to get really heavy and ride down?? Have gone back to asda 4+ and fingers crossed no leaks!
  • Smiler85Smiler85 Posts: 283
    I've recently given the Aldi ones ago in 4+ and touch wood they've been fab ... No leaks at all and she's in them for 13 hours or so. Bargain too as 4.49 for 44 image xx
    Also I found the baby dry leaked so switched to activ fit and they were fine too xx
    Little angels leaked last night image Will try the Aldi ones but after that not much more we can do apart from change him before we go to bed xxx
    Just had a good and some ppl recommend two actifit nappies or a reuseable one like this http://www.babykind.co.uk/wrapsairflow.htm over the top...
    Which Little angels leaked Nat and did you go for 4plus as it might be in those you only need a 4.

Kiddicare just 4 bums also good. In store i bought 2 boxes for 30 164 in each box
    Little angel comfort dry nappies in 4+ gawd im so confused with the sizes!! Hes about 20lb and stocky - proper chunky legs but quite long slim torso! Dont have a problem during the day just at night :-\ its just the front band like roo says. I know its coz he fidgets, wish they did a active fit night version.
    A 4 is 15lb to 40lb and a 4plus is 20lb to 45lb. They all have a huge weight bracket. You could try the little angels active fit ones at night. I don't know what else to suggest.
  • MrsQM2MrsQM2 Posts: 3,723
    Aldi maxi dry haven't leaked, but the sainsburys own have image
  • mum2be2011mum2be2011 Posts: 1,172

We have used Pampers, Huggies, Just 4 Bums, Asda & Aldi and I've found Aldi's nappies to be by far the best for not leaking so have used these since LO was about 3 months old, I think it's just trial and error with the sizes until you find the size and brand that will suit your LO best x

We have mainly used just 4 bums and little angels got Pampers simply dry when on offer and were ok for ages then every one leaked. also used aldi
  • shellbob73shellbob73 Posts: 3,152

We've been using Lidl nappies & they have been fantastic. They come in sizes 3,4,5 & pull-ups in size 6. They cost around £5.00 for 44.

We've used them with our boy & girl with hardly any leakages.

• roo10roo10 Posts: 722
    Hiya, thanks for the replies. Haven't been able to go to asda due to the snow so got more baby dry in size 5 which leaked in the same place! So tried active fit last night and no leaks. Wasn't sure if I could use those over night but it seems to have done the job. Will try asdas little angels when I can get to asda after the snows gone. There's no lidl or aldi near me.

Xx
  • mrspodmrspod Posts: 219

tried tesco in the size 3's and they seem ok, little bigger tham pampers new baby 3 but otherwise no leaks!!

Nat have you tried active fit at night? Just because had pampers leaflet todAy and both active fit and baby dry have 12 hour dryness thing
    I have heard lidl ones are good too actually. Looks like we will be nappy shopping at weekend lol!

I did try the active fit pampers in size 4 but they didnt even make it till 10pm! Think ive got a little pisspot lol!!

Had pampers baby dry on last night and he woke at 4.30am coz he was wet. Really annoying!!
    Wow Nat no idea then it isn't like you can restrict fluids is it
    Lol, you sound like you have the same prob as us. We've put active fit on chloe thw last 2 nights & no leaks (touch wood). She has size 4plus, seemed a better fit than size 4
    Well last night asdas didnt leak but got some aldi ones to try tonightimage xxx
    Grrrr im getting so fed up now! Had to change him again last night. His sleeping bag was also wet through image i think its because he is sleeping with his bum in the air in his belly and is creeping forward which pushes the nappy down esp when wet n heavy already. Think i might try something like a swim nappy or reuseable thing or maybe a pull up over the top while he goes through this. i think if i woke him before we went to bed he would go straight back down but dont really want him getting used to waking. Did your los go through a belly shuffling phase? Hope its something that wont last long! Xxx
    Oh no nat what a nightmare! To be honest Lottie hardly moves all night, she stays in the exact same position I put her in so poss less likely to leak I guess?! It's defo worth a try with the other options image xx
  • Cloth! ... Bomb proof.

Gah we have had couple of days and nights if explosive teething nappies. Nothing is containing it Just 4 bums or asda Comfort Dry so had some 4plus active fit thought could wrap round better but just had to strip Caitlin down and clean herS up. Second night in a row bless her.
  • m0nkeym00m0nkeym00 Posts: 841
    I use either aldi mamia extra dry or Huggies step ins super dry in the day size 4. Then at night Huggies super dry size 4+ (even though she's not technically big enough for 4+ they fit fine) I've not had any issues since she was very young. I don't rate pampers, Sainsbury's, asda or tesci nappies, they seem to need changing sooner and feel cheaper quality. Where as aldi are half the price of brands and are fantastic!!!! I can't recommend them enough! Step ins/ pull ups are good though as Mya hates nappy change so it's much easier!
  • mrspodmrspod Posts: 219

has anyone tried cheeky bots? Selling them in tesco £30 for 360 nappies.

Not heard of Cheeky Bots. 

We had alot of leaky nappies with huggies initially so just use their swimming ones. So far so good with active fit 4+. Its a real battle getting nappies on her, kicking her kegs, trying to roll, pushing backwards etc! Going to use the baby dry up in the day. Guess that's the prob buying bulk.
    Sorry for hijacking this thread Roo! Just really annoyed that hes been waking up soaking image tried size 5 but leaked so obv too big. Anyway last night baby dry with size 5 over the top did the trick! Mr William is the same, i spoil him with nappy off that he hates having one put on him so that might be part of the problem xxx