Coming off the pill

Hi I am now in my second week of being off the pill (ovranette I was on it for 11/12 years) the end of the first week I had a dull ache now I have what I would describe as period pains and a very strange discharge that is very stringy and slimey I know everyone is different but I wanted to see if this is normal thanks !!!

• similar to egg white?

• snooboosnooboo Posts: 11
    Yes that's a good comparison
  • Sounds normal and indicates you've ovulated. So if your trying then get trying.lol
  • Or are coming up to ovulation in next couple of days depending on when you first noticed it.
  • BabyZebedeeBabyZebedee Posts: 2,422

I had a 6 week cycle when I just came off the pill and working back from AF the egg white I thought I had (which was very thick - sorry if TMI) was way too late to be due to ovulation (just a week before AF). I'm still at a loss to explain it. I think I just decided it was my body being freaky LOL (v. scientific!)

Worth DTD though if you're trying as it prob was ovulation - you may have missed it now though (depending on when it was) - in which case, AF should be here in about 2 weeks.

I guess what I'm saying it, you won't really know what it was till you get AF image

• Now Mrs RNow Mrs R Posts: 473

This is a bit grim but the pill works partly by producing a mucus plug by your cervix to prevent sperm getting through. I guess it's just that plug coming away when you stop taking the pill. Good luck with TTC x

• BabyZebedeeBabyZebedee Posts: 2,422

that sounds a good description to what I had NowMrsR - it was like I usually get at the beginning of AF on the pill but was a whole week before (I remember being convinced AF would arrive next day)