Forum home You & Your Baby

Due February 2014

Ok, deep breath. I'm trying to be brave and optimistic by starting a February thread. I feel a bit nervous about starting one as I'm paranoid that I'm going to jinx myself, but I don't think I can lurk on the ttc thread any longer!

So, are there any other February mummies to be who want to join in? image

We're due on the 4th February (GP said 3rd Feb, midwife thinks 4th image so not sure!) and I'm currently 6+1. I've got my booking appointment with the midwife on Monday afternoon. image I'm feeling really weak and exhausted at the minute, and keep getting waves of sickness throughout the day image. Started craving some really odd things, this morning is was sage & onion stuffing mixture spread on potato waffles?!

• MrsWilsonMrsWilson Posts: 429

Hi Fox! Congratulations! I'm due about 26th/28th January so I may well become a February mummy (esp considering husband was 2 weeks late!) I have the midwife on 28th June which seems like a lifetime away!

I'm really tired too, I have an afternoon nap most days! I've been plagued by morning sickness although I've not been physically sick much, just at the beginning really. I've also got some weird food cravings and aversions which are changing daily! Right now I really want a potato waffle!

Stay healthy! x

• Hi MrsWilson, thank you!!! Congratulations to you too image. I may have to have a c-section depending on how things go, so likewise I may end up as a January mummy image. The tirdness really knocks you for six doesn't it? Mmmmm potato waffles, we've got some in the freezer as I keep craving them, might have to have some in a minute! You stay healthy too image xxx

• mrsmacmrsmac Posts: 322

Congrats Fox!  Glad you've started this thread. 

I'm due 29th Jan so may also end up joining you on here if dates get changed.

Hope it all goes ok with the midwife.  I've not heard from mine yet, hopefully will do soon!

• HappyMrsMacHappyMrsMac Posts: 593

Hi fox!!! Ill tentatively come in and say hello!! image We are due 9th feb but I think it will be around the 6th as I was heading for a 25 day cycle whdn we got our bfp!! I'm around 6 weeks or close to it! Got my dating scan in 3 weeks so looking forward to that!! image symptoms wise I'm exhausted, having a wee nap when I can seems to help! Also had really swollen gums, and some nausea in mornings! My symptoms tend to come and go which makes me nervous!! How are you feeling?! Xx

That should have said 5.5 weeks!! Xx

• coco1981coco1981 Posts: 246

Hi girlies,

I'm tentatively joining too if that's ok. I'm not as far along as you guys, just 4.5 weeks, so still feeling pretty nervous about how things will turn out. Due Valentine's day but may also need a section so could be earlier. 

It's so hard not being able to talk to anyone about being pregnant as it's all I can think about! Feeling fine so far....keeping everything crossed to avoid the nausea (it was miserable last time!) 

Will be good to have people to talk to 

xx

Meant to say too that I've been lurking on the TTC  thread learning about SMEP and Brazil nuts so pretty sure you all helped me get pregnant!

• Hi MrsMac, HappyMrsMac and Coco! image

MrsMac, thank you so much, and to you! Feel free to lurk, comment or join in whenever you want image. I'm sure you'll hear from the midwife soon, I think my appointment is a bit early because of the initial problems we had xxx

HappyMrsMac, hellooooo!!!!!!!! I haven't got the date for my scan yet, I'm hoping to get it soon. Three weeks isn't long to wait at all image. Swollen gums sounds nasty image  I've been having much of the same, really shattered and needing to nap a lot, I'm on best rest/very light pottering around at the minute still after our initial problems, I think if I wasn't so tired I'd be getting bored! I've been sick quite a few times today, and my boobs are so sore (and have already increased by a cup size!!! image). My doctor said it's perfectly normal for symptoms to come and go, mine vary throughout the day, I tend to get very faint and dizzy in the afternoons, grumpy and emotional in the mornings.. I'm a whole barrel of laughts at the moment image.  xxx

Coco, hi and welcome!!!! Of course it's ok, the more the merrier image. What a lovely due date to have, I thought ours was going to be around then, but apparently I'm further along than I thought. You're our resident expert then seeing as you've been through it before image. Glad to hear all the SMEP and brazil nut talk helped image xxx

• ditzidancerditzidancer Posts: 1,145

Hi Ladies, congratulation to you all!!!  I'm due 30th Jan according to their dates so i'm pretty sure it will be Feb, esp after the growth scan on 23rd July .... AGESSSSS away! xxx

• lbarr10lbarr10 Posts: 586

Hi Ladies

Very tentively joining in this thread as only found out yesterday that I am expecting again. Think I am about 5 weeks so still very early days. My due date should be about the 10th Feb. I have the midwife tomorrow as I need to be refered to the consultant at the hospital due to injections i need to take during pregnancy (nightmare). Not had any symptoms yet but to be honest have been really busy running about after my daughter that I havent had time to think about it.

I have a baby girl who just turned 1 in April so I will haev two under two image (all going to plan) We actually only decided to start trying again last month so have been very lucky.

lbarr!! i remember you from 2012 threads image congrats!! i had William in July. Nice to see familar name again image xxx

aw you too Ditzidancer. Are we mad having two close together?

def up for challenges thats for sure!!  but they will hopefully grow up best of friends image 

• mrsmacmrsmac Posts: 322

welcome lbarr image hope your symptoms stay away

lbarr, ditzidancer, I admire you for having 2 close together!  Going to be hard work but probably better in the long run - I am 7 years older than my youngest brother and we hated each other as children, we weren't close until I was 25 and he was 18.  if they're close in age they'll experience things much nearer to each other. 

We'll see if I think the same way once I've had my first though!

Ditzidancer and lbarr I remember you both from my lurking when I had my first, he was born in April 2012!! It's great to have some other crazies to talk to who will (hopefully) also have 2 under 2. Fingers crossed all goes to plan......

haha oh im so glad we have found each other!! guna be a crazy few years of life!  fingers crossed indeedy! coco what is your little boy called? x

Believe it or not he's a William too! Fabulous taste in names obviouslyimage No idea what we might call this one if it's another boy - we found boys names really hard. X

its the best nameimage i know it's early days but we just have no idea with names! got a book of 10,000 and cant find a single one!  want something strong to go with William! are you due in feb coco? im Nat by the way everybody, hi! x

I think I'm due around Valentine's day so only five weeks tomorrow (very early days). Feels v strange second time around, particularly having Will charging around so no time to nap like last time! Keeping everything crossed for us all x

Hey ladies,  great that we have found each other again. Will def be a tough couple of years but I am glad we are having them close together.  I always said I was happy with one but I started to get broody so said to hubby its now or never x

Im Lee-anne, Natalie I added you on fb x

Hi Ladies, just wondering how you are all physically feeling? Im 6 weeks today from my calculations and i am feeling rough!!! Got such a HEAVY HEAVY feeling in my stomach today, really uncomfortable - and i didnt even have that big a breakfast - just toast. Its so uncomfortable im having to sit at my desk wtih my trousers unbuttoned! It feels like AF pains - is that normal?? Also got waves of nausea and a light headache image Please tell me some of you have felt the same!? xxx

• MrsFinch2012MrsFinch2012 Posts: 469

hello, can i join you ladies? my EDD is 7th Feb although i will have to have a section due to an old hip injury so will probably be early. Doc says i should be 6 weeks today, had a little scare with some pain and bleeding but wasnt too heavy and no clots and clearblue says im 5 weeks so hoping little pip is ok and took the plunge to join you on here.

Happymrsmac, i had the same feeling a few days ago, i too sat with my trousers undone lol but i have no idea why and havent had it again

I'm sorry I didn't reply to you yesterday happymrsmac, how are you feeling today? I keep having moments when I get crampy pains and backache and my tummy is really bloated. I think it's normal with the rush of hormones, etc but it is quite scary. Hope you're feeling a bit better.

Welcome MrsFinch, I'm sorry you had some bleeding, what a worrying time. It's such a common thing to happen in early pregnancy, fingers crossed it's just everything settling down.

I'm five weeks today (time is going soooo slowly!) and feeling fine apart from the tiredness and having to get up in the night to wee (rubbish).

Hope everyone has a good Friday x

Mrs Finch - I bleed about 6 weeks with my first, then I had a big bleed at 17 weeks and everything was fine. Sometimes it just happens.

Hi Ladies

Feeling much better today thank goodness -so glad its the weekend, i plan to see LOADS!! image Mrs Finch hope you are feeling better - positive thoughts your way!!

Im finding time really slowly too and its so hard not to tell people!!! We are having a scan at what i think will be just under 9 weeks so if everything ok then we might tell our parents, but no one else until 12!!!

Has anyone else done any more pregnancy tests? Im tempted to do one tomorrow - i should see 3+ weeks on it but worried if i dont it will cause me more stress than i need?! Advice? xxx

that should have said SLEEP loads!! lol!! xx

• Hello all and welcome to everyone who's joined the thread recently image. Sorry I've been abset for a while, we've got 15 days until our wedding so things are a bit busy at the moment.

MrsFinch, I am so glad and relieved that everything is ok, welcome to the thread image

HappyMrsMac, I felt that way about a week ago for a few days, and I'm still having to have my trousers unbuttoned now image. I came across a really good tip though about using a hair elastic band to hold the button sort of in place on your trousers, it works really well image.

Well I'm now 6+4 and I saw the midwife and my GP this morning, just for a check up, and apparently I have a bump already, it's only very very small, and I thought I was imagining it, or that it was just bloating, but nope according to both GP and midewife it's definitely a baby bump. Also, I've increased by over a bra cup size already and my HCG is rising much more quickly than expected, so they think it might be twins which is very exciting image. Still haven't got my scan date yet, although I have my official booking appointment with the midwife on Monday. Other symptoms are that I'm still shattered, althought marginally less so, have very greasy hair within hours of washing it, and have bad all day sickness. Hope everyone else is doing well xxx 

Thanks ladies

How exciting foxy, possibly twins and even if its not I would be excited at showing.  I want my bump to start showing haha you are not going to be able to hide your pregnancy for long lol

I have told my parents now as my mum lost 3 pregnancy's before she got me and 2 of those were twins so she knows its important to keep quiet and I have someone to ask question's we are not particularly close but at least I could tell someone. 

i think i have completely lost the plot!! i ended up talking to a midwife that said the bleeding i described is common in 25% of healthy pregnancys and im not to worry but to poas in a couple of days and see if it says im 5 weeks plus. so after feeling alot better i took my mum into town as i dont go back to work until tomorrow and saw a happy farthers to-be day card from bump, so i bought one and a tiny babys first tatty teddy (i thought he could give this to pip when he/she arrives) i just could not resist so i am going to poas sunday morning and as long as my weeks pregnant has not gone down i thought i would give him the card and present. i do hope he likes the thought and doesnt think i have finally gone 100% crackers

Hi Ladies

How are you all feeling?? Im suffering from some heartburn today - never had it in my life before and i was always on hubbys back for the amount of rennies he would scoff but boy do i feel bad now!! Yuck!! Apart from that i have nausea in the mornings that im trying to stave off with some dry crackers before i get out of bed!! Glamorous i know!! xxx