iCandy Peach anyone?

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone had come across the candy peach 2 (or 3) and if you had any feedback?  After months of hunting through millions of prams, this one seems to be one that my husband and I can finally agree on.

I had previously thought it was overly expensive for what you get, but it does seem to be quite sturdy.   I'm also astounded that it fits into the boot of my mini without any adjustments needing to be made (a major selling factor as I really don't want to get rid of my car).

The only trouble seems to be getting hold of them, but a local retailer has offered us a really good deal (compared to the rrp).

If anyone has any useful feedback I would be very grateful.  Thanks all xx

• MonkeygirlMonkeygirl Posts: 658

My little boy is nearly 3 weeks old and we have the icandy 2. I love this pram!! I am still recovering from a c section and find the pram so light and easy to handle. It clicks together really easily, fits in the boot of the car by just popping a wheel off and I personally love the look. Yes, it is a bit pricey but it was totally the right pram for us.

• coco1981coco1981 Posts: 246

I'm about to have no.2 and still love my icandy peach two years down the line. We've now converted it to a double, which was part of the reason we bought it in the first place. Still looks good, handles extremely well (eg up and down curbs, over grass, etc) and very comfy for the little ones. The carrycot was fab in the early days and being able to click the car seat in straight from the car when they're asleep is invaluable. As you can tell, I'm a fan!

• PoppinsPoppins Posts: 3,146

As a nanny I've pushed many a prams and I like the I candy peach! X

• MrsHunt110611MrsHunt110611 Posts: 1,992

I have the icandy peach 2 and I do really love it. It handles really well, it has a great turning circle, it's quite light to push. It's great to be able to click in the car seat, utterly invaluable! We also weren't sure on how much of a gap we would have between children, so picked the peach so that it could convert to a double. Both myself and my husband are tall and we liked how adjustable it is for our height.

Downsides, it is quite bulky and can get heavy. Once they go into the seat unit it's quite a lot to fit in the boot.

Overall I would definitely recommend it though. We also used the carry cot as a moses basket in the house when DD was small, and it saved us having to take a moses basket etc when we stayed with my parents.

• welshgracewelshgrace Posts: 1,224

Ooooh, very positive.  Thank you so much for these snippets - it's really useful.  I do really like that it converts to a double as well.

I can't stop thinking about it (and it's so far the only pram that I'm not comparing with anything else), so I think that means it must be the right one!  The only downside is I'm not overly thrilled with the colour options, but they are all ok.

I just hope we can get it in time as there seem to be a lot of waiting lists! x

• MrsHunt110611MrsHunt110611 Posts: 1,992

We bought ours through John Lewis - they do the price match on there and it arrived within a week or so. Would definitely recommend going through them.

That's good to know MrsHunt - they don't seem to have them on their website though at the moment so I'm not sure if John Lewis have maybe stopped selling them?

iCandy were supposed to start trading with mothercare but that doesn't seem to have happened either so it all seems a bit up in the air at the moment!

• PoppinsPoppins Posts: 3,146

Do they sell them on Kiddicare? X

• MrswattMrswatt Posts: 38

John lewis are the only "official" stockists of icandy prams and you can't purchase them online through john lewis. 

You need to go in but you normally get a good deal. I did. 

We got ours from john lewis in a week. You need to go

in store. They price match too.x

That's great then, I thought we'd be waiting ages. What do they price match against? Our best offer is from an independent shop, we've got no way of proving their quote though X

They'll match any in store price (not exclusively online). Not sure how you would prove that though from independent shop.