Bumps and babies - South East

Hi everyone,

there has been some interest in having a regional group, perhaps to arrange get togethers, arrange swap and shops, share local nhs information etc so that's what this group is about.

im babyZ, due 23 December, live in Hertfordshire - hi fellow mummies and mummies to be.

• doorstopperdoorstopper Posts: 1,674

Great idea BabyZ! I shall set up a NW one image

• Ooh BabyZ I'm a Herts mummy too! Whereabouts in Herts are you? image

• Futuremrsm3Futuremrsm3 Posts: 124

I am also Hertfordshire! Due Nov 14th as you know image

• Ooh I'm so excited that there's a few of us! I'm in Wheathampstead / St.Albans! What about you FutureMrsM? (I'm due August 20th!) 

It's nice round there image We put in an offer on a house in Wheathampstead. We live in a village just outside of Hertford. 

• BabyZebedeeBabyZebedee Posts: 2,421

I'm in Hitchin image

• NowMrsB2012NowMrsB2012 Posts: 4,835

Hi all! I think I count as SE still- I'm in Northamptonshire so might be classed as midlands lol x

Hi mrsB, close enoughimage

• jarkmessjarkmess Posts: 751

I'm in Hertfordshire too and live in Ware. I had my little boy in Harlow though and it was fantastic so I'll be going back there for baby 2. 

• What hospital do you come under BabyZ / MrsM? I'm slap bang in the middle of Watford, Luton & Dunstable and Lister so got to choose my preferred one image We ended up choosing Lister knowing that it's got the sparkly new maternity suite (or newish at least)!

• lawveelawvee Posts: 1,378

I'm in Watford! Didn't realise there were so many of us in Herts!

I definitely would be interested in this. I'm due 13th October x

I'm going for Lister too! I had the choice of Harlow or Lister but went for Lister as it's slightly closer.

Me too, I'm going to the lister image the new unit is quite swish.

So ladies, the lister, I've not got my booking appointment yet (had my first appointment with the midwife last weds) are they quite efficient? I'm technically 8 weeks today based on lmp. Do they book your dating scan at the booking appointment? seems to make sense to check if yoi can make the dates they have available while you're there.

I'm not sure, because all of my antenatal care is at the Hertford hospital, I just go there to actually give birth (eek). I have my scan there tomorrow though. They will date you from lmp, I booked my scan at the booking appointment, but they already had a confirmed due date (not from lmp) as my GP has been scanning me as she has a machine in her surgery.

I was told I might end up as lister, Hertford or qe2 for my antenatal care, seems daft when I'm in north Herts but it's not exactly miles away. I guess I'll see where the appointment comes through for.

• jarkmessjarkmess Posts: 751

I had my booking appointment in Hertford and she booked a scan at Harlow while I was there. I had my scan 6 days after my booking appointment so they seem quite efficient.

Thanks Jess. No letter in the post today so I'll keep waiting (boo)

• BabyZ - My booking-in appointment and scans have been at QE2 and I just go to Lister to give birth (and for antenatal classes!) so it may well be the same for you? My booking-in appointment came through about 2 weeks after my doctor put my referral into the system so I was about 7 weeks at the point I first saw the midwife. (Although based on my LMP I would have been 10 weeks at that point!) They booked my 12 week scan while I was there for the booking-in appointment, then re-booked my 12 week scan because it was done 3 weeks too early (just like I told them it would be!), again while I was there, and my 20 week scan was booked in immediately after my official 12 week one!

The only down side of QE2 is that you can wait ages for blood tests - my booking bloods involved an hour wait and my 12 week bloods involved a 45 minute wait so come prepared with a book if you end up being seen there!

How much do they charge for scan photos at the lister?

They ask for a £3 donation and I got 4 picsimage

Ooh that's good image

Lister people - did they give you an actual 1 in ... score for the combined test or just tell you low risk? Also, how long did the results take?

• BabyZ - I was at QE2 but my result came back as a number (1:100000 risk) and took about 10/12 days in the post image I would presume Lister will be similar as the two are linked?!?

Thanks Katie, that's helpful. Some places just say low risk and I'd prefer to have a number personally image

Bumping - anyone fancy a bumps and babies get together?

• Ooh BabyZ - I'd love to come along if we can organise something image my 'little Bean' is now an 11 week old Charlotte and I know she'd be very excited to make some more friends whilst mummy drinks more coffee!!! 

• SarahLGSarahLG Posts: 313 New bride
    I'm in the South East! I am down in Dover though so quite a way away from you ladies in Hertfordshire. Are there any ladies in Kent? x
  • Sounds lovely! I'm in Berkshire so again it might not be easy to be able to meet up depending on where is chosen. x

Hi Katie, I know futuremrsm3 is local too (but v close to due date). My mat leave starts in 3 weeks so hopefully we could arrange a Herts get together in December ? 

And maybe something in London? (Eek maybe not) so others further away can meet too early in the new year. God I need to figure out using a sling before I attempt london.