TTC thread part 22

• EllabellaEllabella Posts: 1,292 New bride

What's bfps have I missed and I will update the front page

• MrsSMcMrsSMc Posts: 384

Cd 45, this is the longest In 11 months/cycles. Did test yesterday just to rule it out BFN. Next cycle I think I'm going to go back to testing for ov as haven't done it in a while taking the relaxed approach. I may even start temping if I can get my head round it!

Coming up to the year milestone...trying to hold it together image

Snap. i know how you feel. We are at 10 months so not quite the year but almost. I luckily have regular cycles minus one huge 38 days! I think the best thing to do is always have lots of nice things planned. Things you couldnt do if you were pregnant. Also spend some time with a 7 year old. They are hard work! Love my niece but it's nice when she goes home and we can have some silence. Chin up image

• MrsC14MrsC14 Posts: 385

Morning girls anyone close to testing? I had a long hard think last night and have decided after 7 years of being on numerous contraceptivea implant, pill and injection (i had them mostly for troublesome periods when I was a teen) I am going to relax and let nature take it's course, no more pregnancy tests or ovulation sticks I am just going to keep taking my vitex an don quai, eat healthier, cut having so much caffeine and I finished my last pack of cigarettes last night. It's easier for me to give up as hubby hates cigarettes so I have his support image got a weekend away planned next month with our friends and relax about the whole thing. I had an internal scan when I was 15 and they never really followed it up except said my perioda would sort themselves out once my teenage years were over so I guess nothing was wrong with my ovaries etc. I'm going to carry on temping image feeling very positive today and hoping the healthy relaxed approach helps image xx

• Little-pickleLittle-pickle Posts: 1,136

Hi girls sorry some of you are feeling a little down! I just wanted to spread some baby dust and a happy story. 

My sil has been trying for baby number 2 for over a year. She was getting really down about it after having had a huuuugeeeee cycle shortly after Xmas and worrying it was all going the same way and that she'd never have another baby. Butttt on cycle 13.... She got her BFP image She was convinced she was having another super cycle but got her BFP in the end! I hope some of you can relate and not loose hope xxx

• BabyZebedeeBabyZebedee Posts: 2,421

Mrsc, I did look into progesterone cream for my short luteal phase (it was 9 days) but everything I read said you'd have to cake your entire body in it to make a difference. You are far too early into the journey to be thinking about adding more hormones into the mix Hun. Believe me, I know how you feel, it was so confusing when I first came off the pill (20 years of microgynon) but then I realised that I'd been on the pill longer than I was off it and decided to let nature take it's course. I still had 45-55 day cycles when I got my bfp so it didn't really get better but I did learn to accept it more. Your body will get there, it just needs to purge the artificial hormones and learn how to deal with it's own. I'm sorry temping has led you into this confusion This cycle.

Thansk babyzebedee, I just wondered what it was image I definitely do not want to get anymore hormones into the mix ha ha!

Sooo I totally forgot I had a pill review appt with the nurse today and seeing as I'm not on it I thought I should go anyway and update her on what's happening (I have a really lovely nurse) so went and told her haven't had period yet bla bla and she said it's normal to not have fertility for a year to two after stopping contraceptives but although it's common it's not "normal" to not have a proper period even after only 7 weeks of stopping so she has made me an appt with dr in two weeks time to have hormone levels checked and then to start a course of tablets that kick start a period so I'm a bit scared! Won't this just encourage another "fake" period like a withdrawal bleed from pill?! xx

• lawveelawvee Posts: 1,378

Mrsc14 that's great that the nurse has referred you. I don't know about what the doc will give you but at least he can give you more information and then you can make an informed decision.

Don't get disheartened  despite what the nurse said. After the initial withdrawal bleed, I didn't have a period for 8 weeks. I was really panicking. It just meant I was ovulating a lot later than I thought but the good news was that I was ovulating. I only had one period and got my bfp the next cycle but if I hadn't got my bfp it would have been another eight week cycle. So it's not perfect and not ideal but I figure after 15 years on the pill it would take some time to get back to normal. But it just shows that it can happen. I just found ov tests and temping got me to suss it out. Good luck with the doctor and just see what they suggest. At the end of the day you don't necessarily have to go along with the suggestions if you want to see what your body does naturally but I'm sure anything the doctor gives you will be to kickstart your body's ability to remember what to do now you're not taking contraception any more. Some of the girls on here have tried herbal remedies which could be an option?

• MrsA6MrsA6 Posts: 962 New bride

That's interesting MrsC - 8 weeks for me and I thought that was ok, but maybe I need to speak to my nurse and see what they say xx

Afternoon ladies, thank flip its Friday!! image

Well i have just spoken to my nurse on the phone. After Mrs C's post yesterday, thought it was worth asking some questions, and was told that it can take months for my body to get back into the 'swing' of ovulating (which i knew) - i'd been on the pill since i was 15, so 15 years of not ovulating means it might take a while. She said if i dont get a period 6 months after stopping the pill, so Christmas time ish, then to make an appointment with my GP, as anything longer means they need to figure out why i'm not ovulating. So just a waiting game....come on ovaries!! 

Hi everyone,

MrsA6 I think women get told all sorts of things by their gps/nurses, advice varies so hope you get a period and ovulation by Christmas image can anyone tell me what my chart is doing? Still no AF xx

• MrsA6, that is what my GP friend advised me too when I asked as well, to wait for 6 months. I was in a similar situation to you when I stopped the pill after 15 years and it took 6 months to get to a 30 day cycle after very long cycles initially. I also had an early miscarriage in that time so our bodies do remember eventually!
    Happy bank hol, have a great weekend ladies! Xx

Did you have any kind of period during that 6 months MrsMacca? I know we're all different, but its frustrating more than anything, 15 years of knowing exactly when and how long af was going to be, to now knowing nothing image 

I just have to be patient and chill the hell out i know. Our 1st year anniversary is coming up and a weekend back at our wedding venue complete with massages should help do the trick image xx

• Yes I had a few periods but they were (and still are) very light. My cycles were around 45 days, but last months was 30 days and this month I've ov'd around cd20 so looks like it will be similar if no bfp. Enjoy the massages, sounds lush! Our wedding anniversaty is 5th Spe so we're off to a cottage in the lake district this weekend for an early celebration.

MrsC14, have you changed the way you take your temp at all compared to the start of the cycle? I only ask as I find that taking my temping from a different area of my mouth makes a huge difference. If you're still getting bfns and no af at this point I'd say it looks like you haven't yet ov'd. I know that can be very disheartening, but look at it this way- you're still in with a shot at catching that egg when it finally decides to pop! The cycle I got my bfp ff said I'd ov'd on day 20, I was getting bfns from day 30-35 and felt really fed up as no af either- I actually ov'd on cd38 and got my bfp on day 50 (which sadly ended a week later). The reason for the confusion was that I'd had a blocked nose and was breathing through my mouth which messed up my temps for a while. It's not perfect, but it did really help me in the initial stages x

• Also if you take away your positive opk does ff still think you've ov'd?

CD59 today...getting boring now haha image xx

• BabyZebedeeBabyZebedee Posts: 2,421

My fist cycle off the pill was 42 days, the second was 53! It's rubbish image you should know that your body stores artificial oestrogen in fat cells so even after you've been off the pill a while those nasty hormones are still being leached into your system. Particularly if you're losing weight. I read that certain food help clear it, I think broccoli was one and also switching to organic chicken (normal chicken is also pumped full of oestrogen). 

Also make sure you aren't sat down all day, it compresses the uterine artery which can affect blood supply to the uterus and ovaries. I took to walking round the office when I had a document to read and it really helped my periods and luteql phase. Remember that it takes 90 days for each egg to ripen so progress may seem slow if you try this method. I started standing at work (raised everything up) in jan and by April I had my bfp - convinced this played a part.

• Since coming off the pill I've had these cycles - 24, 27, 27, & 24.

I've not experienced any EW CM, watery is the closest I've got, so I'm thinking of doing some opk tests this cycle, but don't know much about them. When do I start testing? If a test is positive is it too late to catch?

I think right now I just want to know that I am ovulating.

Babyzebedee I've read that sitting down all day can compress the uterine artery, but with my job I'm restricted as to when I can stand or walk around as I work in a court, will have to try & make sure I stand up more of an evening.
  • Little-pickleLittle-pickle Posts: 1,136

Rhodes I had the tiniest bit of EWCM 1 time I think! The rest it was just very watery image Xx

Thanks for all of your advice, I temp vaginally at the same time each morning as I sleep with my mouth slightly open sometimes so didn't think this was reliable. I took my positive ov test away on Fertility Friend and it took away ovulation from my chart then this morning I put my temp in and it is now saying I'm 3DPO which I'm confused about? Does anyone know why it has done this? xx

I've had ov given and taken away 3 times this cycle MrsC - that's based on temps alone as I cant always figure out what kind of cm I am having lol I think for this first cycle after the pill don't worry too much about what ff is saying until af arrives, then you can maybe look back and see if there was some sort of pattern that you can't really see at the moment xx

Thats what I'm doing anyway image Xx

• For those of you worrying about being on the pill for a long time I wa on microgynon for 12 years and got my BFP after 3 cycles so it doesn't always take 6 months. Stay positive ladies. I got my dates wrong I'm on cd 31 not sure even if I ovulated now! x

Hi girls 

sorry I have been AWOL. So hubs lost his job on Thursday. It's been a bit of a blow. He's only worked there 2 years so his redundancy won't be much. With our new house etc it's going to be tough financially Until he's back in employment. we are trying to decide whether to carry on ttc. I just hope he can get a job soon. He stops in a month

• lawveelawvee Posts: 1,378

So sorry to hear that Ellabella. I'm sure that's the last thing you need image

I hope hubby can find something else quickly x

• MrsSMcMrsSMc Posts: 384

Sorry to hear that Ellabella, fingers crossed he finds something quick! 

Cd49.....humpfff

Thanks again for the advice girls, feeling horrible last couple of days, so tired have had to take afternoon naps very unlike me, mild hungover feeling although no alcohol and today have been sooo lightheaded and legs like jelly a couple of times, I'm hoping its a surge of hormones meaning AF is on it's way! CD50 now getting fed up! 

Sorry to hear Ellabella image fingers crossed he finds something soon xxx

• mrshughes2013mrshughes2013 Posts: 2,063

Hello ladies long time no post !

hiw is everyone? 

Im back to 27 day cycles and we have invested in an ovulation kit for this months cycle 

fingers crossed!

heres an update on our not so little puppy anymore who is now 5 months old

• SW83SW83 Posts: 411

So sorry to hear Ellabella, I'm sure you will find something before the months notice is out.

We've had a lovely weekend away in Cornwall, but back to reality now, which means hubby working away until Friday. Quite upset as I'm due to ov any day now image

Seemed like every way we turned on holiday there were babies and pregnant ladies, got me quite emotional image x 

• Sorry to hear that Ellabella. Hopefully he'll find something better soon.

That puppy is so cute mrshughes.

Cd3 for me. Last cycle was odd, ovulating 2 days earlier than I ever had, no symptoms at all  til dpo9 and then the witch turned up on dpo13 with no spotting which is very unusual for me and had been quite awful (horrible cramps, very heavy, ridiculous fatigue-slept through most of yesterday which was awkward when I was travelling, and nausea) Be very glad to see the back of her. Cycle 9 for me now so starting to get a bit down on the whole situation now as I know that time isn't especially on my side being in my mid 30's.