TTC thread part 22

• MrsC14MrsC14 Posts: 385

Congrats Rose and good luck to all those testing in next couple of weeks!

Nothing to report from me, still no period 8 weeks after coming off pill, have my internal scan on 16th. xx

• MrsA6MrsA6 Posts: 962 New bride

Good luck to all those testing soon xx

CD70 for me after coming off the pill in June, not a sniff of af since the initial withdrawal bleed back then. 

Although i didnt expect to have 'normal' cycles after being on the pill for 15 years, to be heading towards 3 months with nothing is starting to get me down a bit image and the fact my nurse has told me i have to wait 6 months before they will look into anything isnt helping my worry in all honesty image

• EllabellaEllabella Posts: 1,292 New bride

I know. hubs and I are taking relaxed approach. With his redundancy and my growth on my cervix we aren't sure what is going on. Im hoping for my referral this month. At least I get my smear results soon which will stop my over thinking! 

• MrsTwizbeMrsTwizbe Posts: 3,352 New bride

It would be great for us long timers to get our bfps image

12dpo is good going! Pretty sure Af will be here on time this month. No real symptoms either way.

MrsA6 I am the same but if I were you I would go back and say you want something to bring on your period, it is your right to do so they can not treat you for "fertility" until you have been trying 6 months/1 year but they can bring periods back for you xx

• She's here, cd1 image. Had a little cry and poured myself a large glass of wine. Maybe month 9 will be lucky for us x

• RedVelvetRedVelvet Posts: 1,297 New bride

Bear in mind that some of the ladies on here have had over 200 day cycles after the pill. If you go to your doc for something to bring your periods back, chances are they'll recommend the pill. It can take a while, which I know isn't what anyone here wishes to hear, but sadly it is the truth. 

I'm just going by what the nurse told me when I saw her and told her I've come off pill. xx

• I'd be a bit wary, ladies, about something 'to bring your periods back' - my situation was slightly different; I had 150-300 day cycles (I've had about 10 periods in my life) and whilst there are drugs (Provera for example) that will bring about a bleed, in my case to prompt the start of fertility treatment, they won't necessarily bring your actual monthly cycle back. You could well just have one bleed and be right back where you were, in which case you've thrown more hormones at a body that's already trying to recover from your initial contraception. 

I know it sucks, I really truly do, but the very best thing you can do is take your folio acid, eat well, stay healthy and have sex every couple of days. So much love to you all. The waiting is horrid xx

• Hi ladies sorry AF got you MrsMacca image

CD19/5dpo today for me and trying to relax so been for a massage this morning  and now sitting with some choc watching jezza on catch up with puppy at my feet

feeling apprehensive as we used an ov kit this month but getting signs of AF (my IBS plays up a week before AF visits, sorry if tmi!) so we 'll see

ive said to hubby about going the doctors for a check up but all I ever get is your overweight until you lose x amount you wont conceive anyone else get fobbed off with that ?

• MrsTwizbeMrsTwizbe Posts: 3,352 New bride

Some spotting and bit if blood when I wipe Af is on her way and only 9dpo - waiting for her to fully arrive so can start on the next cycle.

• Sorry to hear that twizbe image

Af is here with a bang for me- first 'normal' one i've had since coming off the pill, usually they are really light. Hopefully it's a good sign!

hi all not much to report. In fertile week wooo!

Thank you for the advice MrsSB2 and RedVelvet xx

Not much to report, I am on cyxle day 60 now. Come on AF! X

• Sorry you're going through this MrsC and MrsA, it must suck. I hope your bodies decide to play ball soon, some seem to take a little longer than others x

Thanks for all the advice and comments ladies - CD72 and no signs of af arriving. Temp doesnt appear to be giving any kind of pattern, no clues from CM either. CD100 doesnt seem that far away!! lol xx

• Someone on here once conceived during a 100+ day cycle MrsA- there's always a chance!

• KK12KK12 Posts: 927

Hi ladies - popping on again quickly!

Cakey and Jellybean so sorry to hear your news but glad that you are both wanting to try again soon image

Ella - polyps are quite common so don't be alarmed, occasionally they can get in the way but they can be removed so if that's been the issue then it is easily sorted and a scan will tell you, keeping fingers crossed for you! Hope your hubby has managed to get something sorted out.

My AF was very light and I was completely ravenous all the way through it but at least it was an AF when I should have an AF so not going to complain! Heading into the fertile week so we'll see what happens! 

Mrs Hughes with a 27 day cycle - you might be oving at day 15 or very late day 14, temping is going to be the best method in finding out.

I'm worried about Monday but hoping its just a polyp and nothing else. Get it out and bck ttc. Hubs has been applying for new jobs so fingers crossed! 

Also thank god it's Friday!

• hi ladies, Cakey * Jellybean im sorry to hear this. Fingers crossed for you.

Im on cd 11 and think I got a positive OV test this morning, isnt this too early?? my first cycle since coming off the pill was 33 days so I have anticipated a 31 day cycle this month from my experience when trying with my little boy. So I wasnt expecting for another 6 days! I suppose I could have misunderstood the test!!

Hi girls,

Fingers crossed for you Ella x

I had a tranavaginal scan this morning revealing a 4cm ovarian cyst on my left ovary and a thin womb lining, I am now waiting on referral to gynaecologist, had anyone had any experience with this?

have a good weekend everyone xx

• Hi MrsC, I haven't got any experience of this myself but I know that the pill causes thin womb lining and it can take a while to get back to normal- this is why many women have very light periods for a while after stopping it. Regarding cysts, I think they only tend to act if they are causing you problems- if you're having pain from it they can remove it. Hopefully the gynae appointment will give you some reassurance x

I'm at gynae tomorrow. Please see why am I broken thread for full story. Ttc is on back burner. Not really in the mood. All being ok tomorrow we will be back on it for a June baby!

• Good luck for tomorrow Ellabella, thinking of you.

• Mrsc, I had a thin lining (no cysts) at my ultrasound in January, despite knowing I was 1dpo and it ought to have been 8mm by then it was only 4. This was what triggered my research into causes of thin lining. For me I decided I was sitting too much (at a desk all day, commuting by car) and it was compressing the uterine artery. Nit only does this cause thin lining but it restricts the flow of blood and oxygen to the ovaries leading to poor quality eggs. I started exercising an going for walks/standing at work as much as possible. That cycle AF was so much better, less clotty (sorry if tmi) and by the cycle after (long cycles) i had my bfp.

thin lining is likely to mean you haven't ovulated yet but if you know you have then you could try to figure out why.

as for cysts, I know there have been people on here who have not been ovulating because a cyst was in the way. As soon as it ruptures or is removed they get a bfp, fingers crossed.

Good luck today Ella xx

CD76 for me today. Based on my temps FF has given me on ov date again and i'm 7dpo (its done this 3 times and taken them away so taking with a pinch of salt!) But i have had some brown CM past couple of days, and some period type pains, so it could be that this time af is finally on her way - watch this space!

• Best wishes for today Ella

not much to report here dpo 10/cd 24 so expecting AF by the end of the week!

Thank you so much for your advice. I thought I had ovulated but turns out I didn't as no BFP or AF. I am no good at excersising and have wanted to start for health and fitness reasons so this is the push I need to get moving! I'm going to start taking my dogs on much longer walks. Hopefully gynae dr will be able to see whats going on and make the best devision regarding the cyst, I am terrified of going under anaesthetic but obviously will if the cyst is a danger for me or causing problems on the fertility front. X x x

So back from the hospital and it went well. I have a high cervix which makes smears difficult and is the reason for the difficulty with viewing things. he said I do not have a polyp but rather a 2cm area round my os which is red and sensitive. Completely harmless. It's like exzema on your cervix haha. He said with my cervix being high that was the cause of my gps concern. He took some tests etc but said my cervix looks nice and healthy so the results are on 5 weeks. Any issues then I will go back in for a little laser treatment if needed. He also checked my womb etc and all good. He said ttc was back on. He did recommend temping and keeping charts as if I do need a refferal then those charts help speed things up as it can help determine treatment. So 5 week wait to see of any issues with the cells but I feel quite calm about it. We have missed this month ttc but back on it for a June baby!!

• Great news Ella. Sounds like an ectropian- I had one when I was about 20, had the cauterisation treatment as I was getting bleeding after sex but had problems since x