Forum home You & Your Baby

TTC Part 24

GRADUATES - AKA BFP HALL OF FAME! -   MrsM13, MrsLD, hopingandwishing, julybride13, wifey2b14, mrsc2014 MrsWood2014 holly87 Rose1624 SW83 Bexgreen MrsSMc Mrsjellybean2014 MrsMacca201 SarahLG MrsJC MrsF2014 Belle4 Chrissyroxanne MrsLC2014 MrsSandison Gina g  mrsm26 Mrsgallagher Mrscullen_84 wannabemama KPAPR MrsA6 nestypie CorieLeigh MrsKB misshape 

NEWEST GRADUATE(S) 

Katie Jane

DiaryofaMrs

Loopy-Moo

MrsN82

Gayle

Future MrsC

HappyMrsMac

Polly27

coco1981

FunkyBride2B

Lou85 

BabyZebedee

MrsM_est.2014

Dactyl

KateJess

• CorieLeighCorieLeigh Posts: 609

Useful Abbreviations:

TTC - Trying to Conceive

BD - Baby dance (sex)

DTD - Do the deed (sex)

CD - Cycle Day (First day of your period is day 1)

AF - Aunty Flo (Your period, also know as the Witch!)

OV - Ovulation

OPK - Ovulation Predictor Kit

DPO - Days Past Ovulation

BFP - Big Fat Positive (A positive pregnancy test result)

BFN - Big Fat Negative

PUPO - Pregnant Until Proven Otherwise

SS - Symptom Spotting

CM - Cervical Mucus

EWCM - Egg-White Cervical Mucus (Most fertile type)

POAS - Pee on a Stick (Pregnancy test)

IC - Internet Cheapie

CBFM - ClearBlue Fertility Monitor

SMEP - Sperm Meets Egg Plan

FF - Fertility Friend (An online fertility monitor)

Here's hoping there'll be lots of baby dust from a nice new thread...

How is everybody getting on? Any newbies lurking who want to join? Anybody due to test? Any test results back or miracle work played by Angus Cactus?

CD17 for me, and a 0.3 temp shift so looks like ov was on CD16 as it has been the last few months. Hello 2ww!

• DollyBDollyB Posts: 1,756 New bride

Thanks for starting a new thread  here's hoping this one is lucky!! 

FC for the 2ww wait CorieLeigh.

hubby has his SA on Tuesday and I start my weekly blood tests on Wednesday so hopefully we get some movement soon! 

Sending lots of baby dust to everyone who joins! We need some bfps! 

Thanks Dolly. I've tempted fate a bit and bought a 1L bottle of Disaronno that was on offer, so hoping mother nature will make me keep it in the cupboard for a little while!

That's great Dolly, a few bits coming up that hopefully will see this moving in the right direction. It's so silly how long these things take!

• LR82LR82 Posts: 639

Hi all!  Hope all goes ok with hubby test and your bloods next wk dolly .  

Yes thanks Corrie!  fingers crossed for you,  Hope the next 2 weeks go quickly for you. 

I'm cd  102,  day 10 of AC,  had few cramps etc but other than that nothing.  Feeling a bit out out about it.  Go on hol in 3 weeks...  bet she shows then...  be typical!!  Haha

Anyone due to test soon?  

Baby dust xxx

• Katie JaneKatie Jane Posts: 104

Hi Ladies - I have been away from the old thread for a while as everything got hectic (in a good way). 

hoping Dolly's tests go well and bring about some answers. Corrie good luck for your 2ww 

LR - I don't understand the acronym AC but sorry to hear you are feeling down and hope that you  feel better soon and have a wonderful holiday. I know what you mean though about timing, when I married I had not had AF for 9 months but along it came on my honeymoon and was resident for pretty much all of it. A lot of chess games were played during the honeymoon. 

I had my mirena taken out on 22 July.  Got what could have been AF (or perhaps just a bleed because the coil tricked my body into thinking it was preggers on) 24 July.  I have been using CBFM and I am now on CD17 without any signs of OV.   A lady said on the old thread that she also had mirena and that AF came back the month after removal so I am hoping that AF will appear soon(ish)

baby dust to all   

katie_jane I think AC is Angus cactus. A few ladies were talking about using it on the last thread. 

LR82 I completely understand you feeling down about it. Day 208 for me and I think I might just give up keeping track now lol!! Still movement is movement so I won't give up yet! Thanks for the well wishes with the tests 

Hope mother nature plays ball with all of us!! 

Thanks ladies.

Laura that really sucks. But maybe you'll never get AF back until post pregnancy  where are you going on holiday? Hope she doesn't show up then!

Katie, hormonal stuff really messes with your body doesn't it. And I feel your pain, AF arrived for me first night of honeymoon, was ridiculously painful, and only buggered off a few days before coming home!

Hopefully AF arrives as "normal" this month and you can be on your way. I've not used CBFM so this may be a dumb comment because I'm not sure how reliable/suitable for everybody it is, but from using OPKs I'd never know when I ov (temping has been really reliable for me), so maybe you have ov'd but it's not shown up?

Dolly it's totally crazy to think AF has been missing for two thirds of the year. If it wasn't for TTC I'd say you were a lucky lady!

• MrsTwizbeMrsTwizbe Posts: 3,352 New bride

Hi ladies

Thank you for the new thread (though slightly bummed that I think it was part 22 that I started commenting on.....)

AF has almost left the building can't wait to jump hubby when it finally goes, but prob wont be until after I leave for my 2 nights working away :-(

Decided to take a bit of a step back from the forums and TTC for a while. We are planning to book in with a private clinic in the next few weeks and have our holiday planned for Sept so a good time to take a break.

Baby dust to all

CorieLeigh I know!! Never thought I'd be wishing for AF to make an appearance! 

MrsTwiz I think I started towards the end of 22 too! Sometimes it's hard to think that at the time I started posting there are ladies who are now a few weeks off having their babies! Still our time will come! 

I don't blame you for taking a break. Sometimes it all gets too much! Enjoy your holiday and have a well earned rest! I hope the private clinic can give you some answers more quickly! 

We'll be here when you want to return :) xx

• mrshughes2013mrshughes2013 Posts: 2,063 New bride

Hey ladies thought I'd pop in and see how your all getting on?

currently 19 weeks and feels like I'm boiling in my own skin half the time! 

Wishing you all lots of baby dust and sprinkles xx

• Thanks for the new thread corie!

i don't really come on here anymore tend to stick to the broken thread! I've been here since before thread number 1!!!!

for those of you with long cycles I'd really recommend acupuncture, I had 100+  Day cycles to start with and they've since come down to about 40ish but still not regular. I started acupuncture two months ago and had two 28 day cycles. I haven't had a session for over a month due to one thing and another and this months cycle has completely gone to pot so it really looks like acupuncture has helped but I just need to continue with it!

hope to see some more bfps on here soon x

• MrsYoungMrsYoung Posts: 404

Just popping in to say hi On the new thread.

CD9 here & have been on letrozole, tracking scan & injections on cd17

• nestypienestypie Posts: 651

Hello ladies :) 

glad to see everyone is good. Hope the break does you some good twiz. 

Thanks for starting the new thread. Maybe there might be some bfps soon, does seem little of those these days :( 

no news here, have been so stressed with my return to work we had forgotten about ttc until yesterday when I'm sure I got ovulation pain, wasn't going to pee on anything this month anyway as with things going on i feel like we are out until October now. So now no idea where I am in my cycle or anything! 🙈 

x

• GayleGayle Posts: 473

Popping by to say hello, good luck and see you all soon! CD17 for me and certain I ov'd last week. Hoping to be back here in the next month or two ttc number two 😊 

LR I used AC when my cycle went haywire after a miscarriage. It worked for me.

A break doesnt sound like a bad idea Twiz, no point getting yourself stressed, hope the clinic can help and we'll see you back here when they do :)

Nice to see a few people popping in.

Flower it's great that you've found something to help your cycles, I hope that can make a big difference for you! It's a shame to not see you around here, but I know the other thread is great support (I lurk sometimes).

Not long until you can find out gender (if you are) mrshughes! Glad things are progressing well. 

See you soon Gayle! 

• MisshapeMisshape Posts: 117

Hi everyone!

thanks for the new thread and lovely to see so many new (and old) names - hope this is a lucky one for all and some af make an appearance or don't whatever your situation!

I am on the 2ww - about 5dpo but nothing much to report...was feeling a bit over emotional today but that could probably be put down to tiredness. 

Flower a few people have recommended acupuncture but I'm not overly keen on the idea! Does it hurt? 

nesty you never know, maybe a cycle of not monitoring has been what you need! I hope your return to work goes smoothly! 

Lovely to see people popping by! 

ive had to give myself a stern talking to tonight and step away from Google! Keep looking at my last blood test results and checking my hormone levels which is making me panic! I should be banned from google search! Lol 

• mrshughes2013mrshughes2013 Posts: 2,063 New bride
    CorieLeigh wrote (see post):

Not long until you can find out gender (if you are) mrshughes! Glad things are progressing well. 

Thanks hun we know we are having a boy as I had an early private scan

• MrsN82MrsN82 Posts: 212 New bride

Hi, I have been lurking for a little while now. I came off the pill in April as I wanted to try and get my cycles back to normal before we started TTC, so far I have been really lucky as my cycles have been 27, 30 & 28 (been tracking with FF) and I was on the pill for a long time.

We are just seeing what happens at the moment and will probably start TTC properly Dec/Jan as we have a holiday booked for next year already.

Has anyone else brought any books already?

I look forward to getting to know you all and wish everyone loads of luck xx

• MrsA6MrsA6 Posts: 962 New bride

Morning ladies.

Nice to see a new thread - lets hope this one gives us more of those bfp's we all want!

Sorry i've been MIA the past couple of weeks, we had our week in Ibiza and then some awful family times this past week, as we lost my lovely mother in law on Saturday  so obviously this past week ttc has gone out of the window. Temps were all over the place last week, we were back and forth to the hospital until the early hours, but ff has me currently at 3dpo. We did dtd 2 days prior to ov, so never know, but i doubt this will be our month as its not really been high on our agenda since we got back from holiday. 

Anyone due to test soon? xx

• nestypienestypie Posts: 651

Welcome newbies :) 

oh no mrsA, how Terrible. How is hubby coping? 

Sending lots of love. Xx

• MrsA6MrsA6 Posts: 962 New bride

Thanks Nesty - she has been poorly for a while, so i think hubby had made his peace with what was going to happen, so now it has happened he was somewhat prepared i think. I know he is very sad we couldnt give his mum a grandchild though, and that breaks my heart too  the fact we had the CP last month has made it even harder, hubby was so happy when we got our bfp and said it just instantly took his mind off what was happening with mum. Tough times ahead xx

• LR82LR82 Posts: 639

Hi All,

Oh my gosh the threads been really busy, I think ive caught up!

Mrs Twizbe hopefully with the apts with the private clinic in sight and a relaxed aproach to TTC you might fall lucky? fingers crossed for you anyway. One of my mums friends TTC for years and years to no avail, it was only when they decided to go down the adoption route and totally took their minds of TTC they fell pregnant naturally.

Misshape hope the next two weeks in the ttw go quickly for you and that you get your bfp at the end

Mrs A6 so sorry to hear such awful news :( hope your hubby is bearing up ok, and you too.

Welcome mrs N82 , hope your stay here is short and sweet.

Congratulations Mrs hughes on expecting a little boy, exciting times ahead for you!

Corie we are off to Portugal. Our first time abroad with grace eeeek!! very excited for the holiday and im sure grace will love it as weve picked a hotel with lots of splash pools, paly area, activities etc all geared up for kids.

Sorry AC is short for angus castus, yes. I took it last time and AF came quite soon after taking it. Ive been taking it this time for 11ish days now....still CD104ish (i keep losing count) maybe last time it was  coincidence or a placebo or whatever. Its sods law, like you ladies whos AF arrived for honeymoon that mine will make an apperance for hol haha.

Hello to anyone ive not mentioned, lovely to see some familar names popping back to check in.

Hope we have some good news from some of us soon, hopefully the new thread will bring some BFPs our way xxx

MrsA6 I'm so sorry for your news! Sending lots of positive thoughts your way! 

Welcome newbies :) 

Hubby dropped his sample off this morning and can collect the results in 5 working days but this clashes with our holiday so will probably wait till we get back. He's got himself so stressed out about it bless him! I'm hoping they all come back good but am sure we can deal with whatever comes our way! 

hope everyone is having a Good week xx

• EllabellaEllabella Posts: 1,292 New bride

Hi all! Sorry I havent been about much. Life is just abit hectic at the mo. Hubs SA was cancelled so it's  now start of September . Dolly- our gp does two SA then tells you of both results togther. Unusual and not like other regions!

• Hi all. Sorry about you MIL MrsA6, sending hugs.

welcome to newbies, I've not posted on this or previous TTC thread for a while, but felt like posting to ask why Mother Nature is such a BITCH?

so roll back a couple of months & we got out bfp, which we were chuffed with after being off the pill & trying for 9months. Had spotting & 2 early scans & had pregnancy confirmed & told not to worry about spotting some women have it throughout. roll on to the day of 12 week scan & being told we'd had a silent miscarriage & baby hadn't grown since the 2nd early scan. To then have evac op, and months of trying to get over it, which was extremely difficult! 

Now we're 6 months since the bfp, to when at approx 9dpo I get a tiny speckle of pink discharge - could this be implantation I quietly wonder to myself, but not get too excited as don't want to get my hopes up but think how nice a 30th birthday present it'd be (birthday in 1 week), so 2 days before af is due take a test as going out to celebrate my birthday & wanted to be sure not to drink if I was but get a bfn. then when af is due & there is no sign..... Maybe it was I think,  so 1 day late I take amother test to get a bfn, perhaps it's still too early I think, I'll wait a few days. 4 days late & no af & still no positive test! 

Why does she have to mess with my head like this?! Either give me a positive test or let the witch get me another month!

arrrgh rant over, sorry had to get that off my chest! 

I'm really sorry to hear you've had a rough time of it Rhodes! Must have been incredibly difficult to go through! 

Maybe you've ovulated later than you thought? You're not out yet. 

youre more than entitled to your rant! I wish I had a more positive answer but unfortunately she is a bitch. she must have had a rough previous life and now takes it out on the rest of us! 

I hope you can enjoy your birthday celebrations And you get some news either way soon! 

Ella I'm sorry to hear that the test got cancelled! Your region sounds a nightmare! X

• Oh Rhodes I inow exactly how you feel, try can be so hard especially after a miscarriage. You never know what's going to happen until af arrives but agree it's bloody hard when your body messes with you. Sending you hugs x