Pregnant??!

Hi Ladies,

I am new to this section but posted a bit during the build up to my wedding.

I am after some advice really, basically I came off the pill 2/3 weeks ago and since I haven't had any sign of my monthly but I am experiencing "signs of pregnancy"

Is it possible that I could of fallen pregnant so quickly or is my body just tricking me and could I be being paranoid and talking myself into the signs? (hope that makes sense)

My current signs are:

More frequent loo trips!

Sore nipples (sorry for tmi)

Cramps in stomach

Feeling bit sicky

Tiredness (more than usual)

Snappy moods

Now I guess this could mean my monthly is on the way but I've never really had any of the above previously?  Is it too early to take a test?

Any help an advice would be appreciated!

Thanks ladies :)

Married since June 2015
TTC since August 2015

"The greater your storm, the brighter your rainbow"

• Could just be your hormones balancing out after coming off your pill. I came off mines at the start of the year and felt like that too.

Give it another couple of weeks or so - if you still feel the same symptoms with no sign of your period, maybe try a test?

Good luck! :)

• MrsGB2015MrsGB2015 Posts: 3,463 New bride

Thanks hun - its driving me mad as I just feel so up and down right now.

I am hoping I am but realise I would be lucky if its happened so quickly trying not to get hopes up!

Will try and be more patient and give it a few weeks before testing thanks for your advice :)

Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• There is always a possibility you are pregnant but if you only came off the pill 2/3 weeks ago there is still plenty of time for your period to show. Did you have a withdrawal bleed when you came off the pill? 

When you do start ttc you'll find you symptom spot, but remember that there are similar symptoms between pregnancy and af.

Think of it like this before you consider testing, pregnancy is counted from the first day of your last period so if when you came off you had a withdrawal bleed and are counting from there your cycle could not be more than on day 21 at the moment which is too early to test. 

Try not to symptom spot too much at the moment, people can get pregnant coming straight off the pill, but all likelihood is your body is probably regulating itself, wait at least another week before you make any decisions to test. 

Congratulations on your wedding and good luck x 

MrsSandison wrote (see post):

There is always a possibility you are pregnant but if you only came off the pill 2/3 weeks ago there is still plenty of time for your period to show. Did you have a withdrawal bleed when you came off the pill? 

When you do start ttc you'll find you symptom spot, but remember that there are similar symptoms between pregnancy and af.

Think of it like this before you consider testing, pregnancy is counted from the first day of your last period so if when you came off you had a withdrawal bleed and are counting from there your cycle could not be more than on day 21 at the moment which is too early to test. 

Try not to symptom spot too much at the moment, people can get pregnant coming straight off the pill, but all likelihood is your body is probably regulating itself, wait at least another week before you make any decisions to test. 

Congratulations on your wedding and good luck x 

Yea I guess your right I am just so hoping I am just being so impatient.  I have literally had nothing since coming off but I guess as I was on continuously and haven't had a period in god knows how long that it could take longer to regulate.

I will try stop symptom spotting just getting to excited and hopeful but I guess I could be setting myself up for a bigger disappointment.

Thanks for the advice its really appreciated I feel totally in the dark here so its so helpful :) xx

Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• I came off the pill in January, I thought the same after a few weeks, constantly symptom spotting but ended up having a 26 day cycle, and then caught in February. 

I was on the pill for 9 years, changed a few times from femodette, femodene, microgynon, and another one that I wasn't on for too long as I had bad reaction to but can't remember what it was called. I always made sure I took my week break between each pack which was when I had af, so could time exactly when I was due to start. 

I am still in the dark with a lot of things, this is our first pregnancy, first grandchild both sides so I'm kind of blocking our our mothers interference and I ask on here for any advice instead. 

I recommend joining the ttc thread, I wasn't on it for very long but everyone's so helpful and nice and it's good to have a chinwag with others going through the same thing.

Fingers crossed for you x 

MrsSandison wrote (see post):

I came off the pill in January, I thought the same after a few weeks, constantly symptom spotting but ended up having a 26 day cycle, and then caught in February. 

I was on the pill for 9 years, changed a few times from femodette, femodene, microgynon, and another one that I wasn't on for too long as I had bad reaction to but can't remember what it was called. I always made sure I took my week break between each pack which was when I had af, so could time exactly when I was due to start. 

I am still in the dark with a lot of things, this is our first pregnancy, first grandchild both sides so I'm kind of blocking our our mothers interference and I ask on here for any advice instead. 

I recommend joining the ttc thread, I wasn't on it for very long but everyone's so helpful and nice and it's good to have a chinwag with others going through the same thing.

Fingers crossed for you x 

Thanks for the advice.   I will pop over to TTC thread and take a look :)

Thanks again for the help :)

Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• Kitten2014Kitten2014 Posts: 1,489

Not trying to disappoint, but it could just be your hormones being "confused" after coming off of the Pill. I came off the Pill in June of this year and I had very tender breasts, nasty mood swings, acne, etc. I'm def not pregnant; I am off of the Pill because I had to have surgery which ends my ability to become pregnant. 

I don't know what is available test-wise in the UK, but in the US there are tests you can buy just about anywhere for cheap-cheap that can actually predict pregnancy several days even BEFORE a missed period. If this option is available to you, I would say go ahead and test. It certainly doesn't hurt to find out sooner than later.

• It can easily happen. My friends sister is due to give birth in a couple of weeks time and she fell pregnant only two weeks after coming off the pill. So it isn't as rare as I certainly thought it was anyway!

Try to keep an open mind at the minute. I'd be scared to get excited but at the same time you can't help but get a little excited.

I agree with what Kitten says, if it will help you put your mind at ease there's no harm in doing one now!

• CorieLeighCorieLeigh Posts: 609

You can of course be pregnant straight after coming off the pill. If you came off the pill 3 weeks ago say, and that "reset" your cycle so you ovulated 14 days into your cycle (as per the "model woman"), you'd be 7DPO, still a bit early for a positive test. I got my positive test last pregnancy at 9DPO though so not REALLY early.

A work friend got the implant out on November 15th, and two weeks later got a positive pregnancy test, almost like she ovulated the second it was out of her arm, so it's also possible that you're a few weeks pregnant already... Also possible its just settling out of hormones as lots of symptoms are the same.

In one sense, no point getting yourself stressed by taking a test too early, in another, if you buy a few cheap tests and prepare yourself for it being negative, no harm in testing ;)

Do pop over to the TTC Part 24 thread, we're a lovely bunch :)

Thanks for the advice ladies :)

I just feel bit overwhelmed with it all - hoping I am but trying not to set myself up for too big a fall as I know it would be quite lucky to have fallen so quick.

Trying not to symptom spot and staying away from google but find myself still thinking mmm I don't like the taste of things I know for sure I liked - could I be?  Must stop over thinking and enjoy whatever is possibly happening - even if its my period at least I will have an idea of what is going on!

Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• Hopefully you have found out by now one way or the other. Just to say a similar thing happened to me. Stopped the pill after the normal pill free week and about 2 weeks later had really sore nipples. Thought it could be hormonal but turned out I was pregnant. I didn't do the test for quite a few weeks as pre going on the pill I had quite long cycles. We were really lucky and I know this isn't commonly the case but it definitely is possible! Now I'm 13 weeks.

Claire124 wrote (see post):

Hopefully you have found out by now one way or the other. Just to say a similar thing happened to me. Stopped the pill after the normal pill free week and about 2 weeks later had really sore nipples. Thought it could be hormonal but turned out I was pregnant. I didn't do the test for quite a few weeks as pre going on the pill I had quite long cycles. We were really lucky and I know this isn't commonly the case but it definitely is possible! Now I'm 13 weeks.

Congrats hun - unfortunately mine was hormones and the witch got me yesterday but at least it helps me know a bit more about whats going on an hopefully get on with ttc after she buggers off lol xx

Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• Ah that's a shame. Hope it happens for you soon.

Claire124 wrote (see post):

Ah that's a shame. Hope it happens for you soon.

It was a bit wishful thinking would of been very lucky if it had happened - fingers crossed it doesn't take too long :) thanks hun :) x

Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015