TTC and wedding dress shopping! Size dilemma...

Hi ladies

Is anyone else trying to conceive in the run up to their wedding? I'm nearly 41 so we aren't wasting any more time! We have been TTC for a few months with no luck, and our wedding is arranged for August 2016. It's time to sort out my wedding dress very soon, as the boutiques I have visited say they need six months for the dress to be made, and still give time for any alterations. 

I just don't know what to do about this as I very much hope that I will be pregnant by the time it gets to August, though of course I can't predict if and when this will happen! Should I order a dress two sizes too big just in case, or is that tempting fate? If anyone else is in this situation I'd be interested to hear your thoughts! 

• MrsTwizbeMrsTwizbe Posts: 3,352 New bride

Hi

Could you go for a style that is more accommodating to a bump, e.g. an empire line dress? That way if you do get pregnant in the next month or so you can easily accommodate a bump.

• BabyZebedeeBabyZebedee Posts: 2,421

Just get what you want, no point second guessing it. I'd maybe get a size larger (but bear in mind some dresses can't be altered too much) My bump didn't actually look like a bump until I was well over 20 weeks (before that I just looked fat but thought it was a bump LOL - hindsight).

IF the worst comes to the worst they can always add a panel (go for a corset back if possible) or you can buy a sample dress at short notice and sell yours