I'm baaaaack!

I used this forum when I got married back in 2011, how time flies! We're finally TTC, thought I'd pop back to the old stomping ground. Anyone else from 2010-2011 still hanging around?

• MrsDMDaviesMrsDMDavies Posts: 1,794 New bride

Aargh I remember you! Got married in 2011 and used YAYW forums all the time 😊 After my hubby diagnosed with testicular cancer in 2012 we were desperate for a family, nothing like a big shock to make us realise we had no time to waste! As a result of the diagnosis we had issues and it took a long time, but we had our beautiful daughter in February last year. Can't believe she's almost one! We're now trying for number two but expecting it to take a while again! Wishing you all the luck in the world and welcome back! It's a crazy but wonderful journey! Hope yours will be nice and short xxx

• bella2015bella2015 Posts: 1,903 New bride

I remember you! I have been on here since 2008 (although took a break of quite a few years after 2011 when my first marriage ended). I think I may have been under a different name back then.

Welcome back

• Hi, I remember you FSM (And you Mrs DM Davies, so glad things worked out for you with your little girl - I hope your husband is all clear now).

We got married in 2012 and our little girl is just 18 months 😊 I was welshgrace back then though (changed my username as I've just started photographing weddings 😆)

Anyway good luck with TTC FSM, I hope it's a smooth journey for you xx

• Yes I remember you MrsDMDavies and welshgrace! Weird to be back here after so long :-) I kept in touch with a few of the ladies I chatted with back in the day, I can't remember their usernames now but we keep in touch on Facebook and meet every so often too, which is nice. In fact, my best friend now is one of the ladies I met on here, MrsHunt2Be I think her username was, though i might be wrong!. She had her 2nd child not long ago and she's asked me to be godmother, which is awesome :-D

So sorry to hear about your husband's cancer MrsDMDavies! I'm glad he's better and you have a little girl :-) Fingers crossed #2 happens quickly for you!

Congrats Laura on your little girls! :-)  I hope your wedding photography is going well as well! 

Bella, what was your username back then? Hopefully I remember you :-)

I'm currently on CD17 of cycle 2 of TTC. I know for sure I ovulated this month and I think we DTD at the right time so I'm just hoping it was enough!

• I don't remember you whatsoever... No idea who you are crazy lady... Oh... Waaaait a minute ;-)

its nice to wander in on a compliment 😂

Not sure I like this weird new layout. havent ventured here for a while but hoping your stay is lovely and short, then you can join a 'due in' board and meet lots of lovely ladies - I talk to my 'due in' ladies every day on FB - they are some of my closest friends now! 

Good luck, baby dust (do people still say that?) and cheers for being the best friend I've ever had/needed/wanted and a wonderful godmother to DD2. Here if you need me... Well, not HERE much really lol, but you know what I mean ;-)

Love xxx

• NowMrsB2012NowMrsB2012 Posts: 4,835

Hi FSM!

hope you get some support on here, I know I have!

hope your ttc journey is a smooth one.

as I've said before, any qs or anything just ask xx

• MrsTwizbeMrsTwizbe Posts: 3,352 New bride

I remember you FSM from the 2011 brides :) 

ive been on the ttc journey for 2 years now. No baby yet and no obvious reason as to why either so I hope your journey isn't as long as mine has been. 

Nice seeing a few familar usernames :) 

• SadSack83SadSack83 Posts: 1,700

I remember all of you! 

I got married in 2012 but was around from 2009 due to long engagement.

Lovely to hear all your news - I often wonder what happened to people as you really feel like you get to know everyone through their plans.

Anyone still in touch with CBW? 

C

• All the oldies are coming out of the woodwork now!  I  really hope it happens quick, I know what a flapper I am, as well as impatient (you will have to deal with this Hunty FYI.... just stop me before I send you photos of CM  )

Good luck MrsTwizbe, 2 years sounds tough! I hope it has just been a string of bad luck and it will happen soon! I must admit, after reading up on this stuff, I wonder how the hell "accidents" happen, it's insane how difficult it is to actually get and stay pregnant. I have all my fingers and toes crossed for you 

I know what you mean SadSack, it's funny how I remember so many people I have just chatted too online just by seeing a username or profile picture. It's even funnier how some of the ladies on here have become my closest friends. As for CBW, I do remember the username, I don't think  it is someone I kept in touch with, though I may be wrong. I'll have to have a look through some old posts to see if it jogs anything!

Fear not, I will be harassing you all when I get the slightest twinge! If anyone would like daily cervix updates, just ask 

Lol - I look forward to the daily cervix updates on the TTC thread lol :-)

I think I am an usual case FSM and I am sure you will fall quickly :-)

• Haha FSM, that made me laugh - tbh the CM pics are nowhere near as gross as when you're approaching your due date and for some reason people find it appropriate to share pictures of their mucous plug/show ... BARF.

If you send me that I may need to reconsider our friendship...

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • BabyZebedeeBabyZebedee Posts: 2,421

Hi FSM - great to see you back here.

I was blarf back in the day.

• Hello!  Nice you have you back!

• I'm terrible at forums nowadays, I haven't been on any since TTC #2, so January. Anyway, I got my BFP this morning! 4 months isn't too bad! 

I have no idea what to do now though! 

Congrats FSM that is great news :-)

• Thank you  I hope things are going well with you!

• MrsDMDaviesMrsDMDavies Posts: 1,794 New bride

Wow congrats, I'm so pleased for you and it's wonderful that it happened so quickly!! Wishing you a healthy and happy 9 months. Xx

Thanks Kitten, that's so lovely to hear. Hope your friend has a wonderful wedding! Hubby is doing really well thanks, we're just amazed and so thankful every day to have our little girl and fingers crossed the cancer is in the past. She really is our little miracle. Hope you're well xx