TTC part 25!

BFP Hall Of Fame!!

MrsTwisby  Ella

Little Pickle, Mrs Rowlands, TLC, LR_82, Pf2016, Sarah 39

Useful Abbreviations:

TTC - Trying to Conceive

BD - Baby dance (sex)

DTD - Do the deed (sex)

CD - Cycle Day (First day of your period is day 1)

AF - Aunty Flo (Your period, also know as the Witch!)

OV - Ovulation

OPK - Ovulation Predictor Kit

DPO - Days Past Ovulation

BFP - Big Fat Positive (A positive pregnancy test result)

BFN - Big Fat Negative

PUPO - Pregnant Until Proven Otherwise

SS - Symptom Spotting

CM - Cervical Mucus

EWCM - Egg-White Cervical Mucus (Most fertile type)

POAS - Pee on a Stick (Pregnancy test)

IC - Internet Cheapie

CBFM - ClearBlue Fertility Monitor

SMEP - Sperm Meets Egg Plan

FF - Fertility Friend (An online fertility monitor)

• Welcome to all those ttc, waiting to ttc and lurkers 

• Sarah 39Sarah 39 Posts: 691

Yay to a new thread! I hope this one brings lots of baby dust.

Little Pickle - you're not out until AF arrives. Keeping everything crossed for you.

Update from me: AF seems to have stopped - that means it lasted just 2 days!

• LR82LR82 Posts: 639

Ooooooo a new thread - thanks little pickle. Hoping it's a lucky one 👍🏻👌🏼😊

sarah is that unusual for you ? Maybe it will kick in again, sometimes mine has been known to do that.

soooooooo I think I was right about the false gear up earlier on in the month. I've had 5 flashing smileys and then this morning a solid smiley so I think ov is happening at any time now.

jumped hubby already so think I a, covered.

that means I get another wonderful 2ww after already thinking I was in it. Thinking I can test now around 26th feb. 

anyone testing around now? Good luck those who are xxx

• Pf2016Pf2016 Posts: 824 New bride

I'm a lurker! Thanks for the welcome :) I'm meant to be using this forum to help plan our April wedding but I really only come on to lurk on the TTC pages. We are getting married on 23rd April and want to start TTC for first baby on honeymoon. I had my implant removed just before Xmas, cycles seem to have gone back to normal straight away, fingers crossed they stay that way. I'll probably stay lurking until we actually start TTC, I think if my fiancé knew I was doing this he might not be too impressed... Good luck to everyone TTC at the moment! 

• DollyBDollyB Posts: 1,756 New bride

Lots of baby dust for a new thread! 

I found out yesterday that both my tubes are blocked so I think I might be around for quite some time yet. Just waiting for appointment for my operation now so they can further investigate! 

LR annoying youve now got another 2ww but so glad you've caught ovulation. How long does it make this cycle? Xx

• MrsSharkMrsShark Posts: 861 New bride

Welcome Mary!

Let's hope for lots of bfps on this new thread. How frustrating LR, a 4ww must be a killer. Sounds like you've timed it perfectly so fingers crossed for you.

• MrsSharkMrsShark Posts: 861 New bride

I'm pleased you're getting some answers Dolly. Do you have any idea how soon your op will be? X

• MrsTwizbeMrsTwizbe Posts: 3,352 New bride

saying hello on the new thread :-)

• BabyZebedeeBabyZebedee Posts: 2,421

Yey new thread - baby dust to you all!

Dolly - at least you know what is going on now and there's a reasonably straight forward solution hun. When is your laparoscopy?

• LR82LR82 Posts: 639

Welcome Mary, I got married on 20th April four years ago and had a bfp by 5th August... Hoping your stay here is short but sweet. How'sall the wedding planning going?

dolly sorry to hear it's both tubes, hoping your apt comes round quickly, the consultant was quite positive when you saw her wasn't she. Here's hoping she can get to work on you soon and you'll be one step further again. 

I'm cd 28 today , should ov today or tomorrow not the longest cycle by a long shot, but longer than I was expecting This month.

oh well half term next week so that week will fly :)

• Welcome Mary. 

You know when you just try a gut feeling that your out. Plus that 'pregnant feeling' has gone and so has my insane Hunger. Still cramping a fair bit though.

• Dolly just popping back in to say good luck with the op - glad you got some answers, fingers crossed 2016 will bring a much deserved bfp! 

Baby dust to all 😊👍

• Tested this morning with FMU and got BFN. I'm 12dpo so would expect a BFP if I was going to get one. Spotting will start Tuesday and AF will follow Wednesday 

• DollyBDollyB Posts: 1,756 New bride

Thanks ladies. Last appointment was 22nd Jan and the consultant said 8-12 weeks for the op! I'm 3 weeks in to the wait so hopefully I'll hear in the next few weeks! 

Thanks for all the support! Your positivity helps! Definitely hoping that once they investigate they'll be able to clear the blockages and there will be a nice easy solution! Like you say, im probably in a better position for knowing what's wrong. 

Misshaped I hope everything is going well lovely. 

LR definitely getting shorter than they were then! Always a bonus! 

Sorry to hear it's a bfn little pickle! 

• I hope you get your appointment through soon Dolly!! Xx

Sorry to hear you got a BFN Little Pickle. You never know though if AF isn't due yet. Try to stay positive. X 

• Tlc83Tlc83 Posts: 25

Helloooo everyone newbie here to this thread! 

We're ttc, have been for few months but recently also got engaged wooo (about time haha) hence being on this website! I always wanted to get married before kids but gave up waiting and now even though marriage is defiantly in the near future we are thinking kids should be a priority at the mo, not getting any younger! But who knows how long it could take so we're not setting a date til I'm pregnant! kinda frustrating on both parts!! 

Good luck to you all ttc! Xx

• Welcome Tlc! congratulations on your engagement!! hope your stay is short and you get a bfp nice and quickly and the can set a date!! 

• Hello all, I've been in and out of these thread since I got married in May. I am trying to work out exactly when to come off the pill and when I want to start TTC. Not quite sure how long it will take my cycle to get back to normal as it never really was normal! 

Welcome Jules and Tlc! 

Jules, I'd recommend coming off the pill sooner rather than later. You could always use alternative contraception if you're not quite ready to TTC. My cycles are still all over the place 7 months after coming off the pill! 

• That's what I'd been thinking but we've sort of got cold feet as we are not quite ready yet. I start a new job (internal job move) next month and I want to see how that goes before we start trying. But it's so hard to know how long everything will take to settle.

• Welcome Jules, could just use condoms and come off the pill. You could be lucky like I was and go back to a "perfect cycle" or it could take a while. x

• MrsGB2015MrsGB2015 Posts: 3,870 New bride

Morning all :)

We are now back in the game the witch has gone and we certainly enjoyed our weekend haha!!

Trying to see what we can do differently and try out anything that may help - I keep trying to say to hubby that his smoking may not be helping and to cut down but I think he thinks im blaming him.  Im not at all and we are still quite early days at TTC but I just feel anything we can do that may help, im willing to try!  Seems like he isn't feeling the same :(  I know its difficult and I don't want to make it seem like im putting it on him... any ideas on how to tackle this one ladies?  I have tried explaining that im going to lose some weight and if he tries that, not saying any of these reasons are why we haven't fallen yet, it could just simply be its just not our time yet and we will fall soon but id like to know we have done all we can... hope this makes sense!

Dolly - sorry to hear your news wasn't great... but at least you have some answers hopefully things can get moving for you! xx

FC for those still to test and baby dust to all xx

Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015
    Miracle Baby due April 2020

"The greater your storm, the brighter your rainbow"
  • BabyZebedeeBabyZebedee Posts: 2,421

Ooh MrsGB - we did allsorts, switched to decaf, organic chicken (you know they pump chickens full of oestrogen? - not helpful when you're recovering from being on the pill) smoking wasn't an issue but perhaps you could point out that if he's not willing to try now then how is he ever going to stop when you're pregnant (I'm assuming you won't be letting him smoke near you or the baby). And if anything, if it is affecting his swimmers then he'll eventually need to go for SA (which is nobodys idea of fun, I can assure you - hubby had to do his in the hospital loos hee hee). Perhaps fear of SA will buck his ideas up.

Ahh BabyZ - This is what I keep trying to say - it will be good for his health as well as possibly helping us conceive but it falls on deaf ears.  I will try that about SA maybe it will scare him into cutting down haha!!

Although for now I think I may have to give it up as a lost cause and re-evaluate it if we still haven't conceived after a year or so... at the moment its not that long in hindsight but obviously like most people I want to try all I can to get pregnant sooner!! xx

Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• MrsTwizbeMrsTwizbe Posts: 3,352 New bride

Men are well known for being a bit prickly about their swimmers. Any hint that it could be his fault you have not go pregnant yet will hurt him more than you might realise.

Plus, quitting smoking is seriously hard (I know) and as much as he might want to, he could be really worried about whether he can or not.

I think you should approach it from a non TTC stance and focus on the other health benefits.

Yes that's true, I am trying not hint at it being his fault as for all we know its not.  Plus I know its hard to quit, he has tried before and im not denying that, that's why ive said just cut down.

I will leave it for now as I don't want to keep on about it as it will only make the matter worse and I don't want TTC to come between us especially as our journey hasn't been all that long! x

Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• EllabellaEllabella Posts: 1,292 New bride

Wooooo new thread!!!!

PMA ladies, PMA !! After 2 years ttc I have decided 2016 is my year! 

Dolly sorry about the tubes! But at least you can work from it. My hsg results are due soon ...!

• Hello ladies, 

I'm going to start a flurry of BFPs!!!

I got mine this morning  edd end of October! 

Yay pickle!!  Been waiting to see this update!  Congrats hun xxx

Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015