The House of Crazy Ladies: TTC 29

"You don't have to be crazy when trying to conceive, but it helps..." 

"Even if you don't start off crazy, you'll get there eventually...."

Useful Abbreviations:

TTC - Trying to Conceive

BD - Baby dance (sex)

DTD - Do the deed (sex)

CD - Cycle Day (First day of your period is day 1)

AF - Aunty Flo (Your period, also know as the Witch!)

OV - Ovulation

OPK - Ovulation Predictor Kit

DPO - Days Past Ovulation

BFP - Big Fat Positive (A positive pregnancy test result)

BFN - Big Fat Negative

SS - Symptom Spotting

CM - Cervical Mucus

EWCM - Egg-White Cervical Mucus (Most fertile type)

POAS - Pee on a Stick (Pregnancy test)

FF - Fertility Friend (An online fertility monitor)

For all the ladies, thinking of joining us: feel free to comment, we are very friendly and understand exactly how you feel! The crazy lady title reflects how much this journey can affect you, but we are all here to support each other. 

Babydust to all xxxx

• MrsCarnegieMrsCarnegie Posts: 504 New bride

My H2B and I have been TTC since new year. We are getting married in October, but we decided to start trying before the wedding, as I'm turning 40 this year, and I was diagnosed with blood clots in my lungs a year ago, so I'm high risk. 

The problem is, I was taking the mini pill during most of last year, came off on new years eve, but my AF (which started on 19th Oct) still hasn't stopped. I should say that it's been very very light for the majority of that time. I've seen the doctor and H2B is going to have some tests, so we have to see where we are by the beginning of May x 

• MrsGB2015MrsGB2015 Posts: 3,738 New bride

Thanks for the new thread MrsM!

Will update properly tomorrow just wanted to mark it so I can find it easier xxx

Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015
    Miracle Baby due April 2020

"The greater your storm, the brighter your rainbow"
  • MrsLjCMrsLjC Posts: 1,204 New bride

🙋🏻 

Welcome MrsCarnegie. Sounds like a stressful time having af for that length of time. I hope May comes quickly for you x

I dipped my toe in the crazy yesterday and need to stop it as this is the important time to chill 🙈 I've been doing so well! 

MrsLjC wrote (see post):

🙋🏻 

Welcome MrsCarnegie. Sounds like a stressful time having af for that length of time. I hope May comes quickly for you x

I dipped my toe in the crazy yesterday and need to stop it as this is the important time to chill 🙈 I've been doing so well! 

Thanks MrsLjC 😀 AF got a bit heavier yesterday, so according to the doctors calculations, this may be a proper one. Fingers crossed that maybe in a week or so I'll be AF free, then be able to know our BD are actually doing something 😂

• Jessica147Jessica147 Posts: 332 New bride

Thanks for the new thread MrsM....I really hope it's your last!!! I think the elephant toy idea is just so lovely xx

Welcome MrsCarnegie...sounds like its been a tough time! I hope the end is in sight for you.

I'm off for my blood test in a few minutes....hate blood tests, urghhhhh

Babydust xxx

Jessica147 wrote (see post):

Thanks for the new thread MrsM....I really hope it's your last!!! I think the elephant toy idea is just so lovely xx

Welcome MrsCarnegie...sounds like its been a tough time! I hope the end is in sight for you.

I'm off for my blood test in a few minutes....hate blood tests, urghhhhh

Babydust xxx

Thanks Jessica, hope all goes okay for your blood test x 

Morning all :)

MrsC - Welcome hun.  Sounds like a tough time already hun, like the others have said hopefully the end is in sight xx

MrsM - Lucky 29 for you hun - FC!! I think the elephant toy was a lovely idea too!  Its so cute xxx

MrsL - You have been doing well hun, we all have the crazy moments don't be hard on yourself xx

Jessica - Hope all goes ok with your blood test hun xx

Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• MrsE2016MrsE2016 Posts: 1,208 New bride

Lucky Number 29!

Can anyone recommend any OPKs? Clearblue or are the cheapies just as good? 

• bella2015bella2015 Posts: 1,903 New bride
    MrsE2016 wrote (see post):

Lucky Number 29!

Can anyone recommend any OPKs? Clearblue or are the cheapies just as good? 

Hi

Everyone is different but I never had a single positive with the cheapie ones despite using twice a day for a ridiculous amount of time. I tried the Clearblue digital ones which were better but quite fiddly to use and if you don't follow the instructions exactly it won't work and you'll just get error messages. I gave up with these in the end as after buying 3 boxes and ringing the helpline I was still getting error messages. 

For the last 4 months of our TTC I used the Clearblue monitor which I am 100% sure led to us getting our BFP. You pee on a stick each day from CD6 and it gives you either low, high or peak fertility - peak means that you'll OV in next 48 hours. I know my monitor was correct as the month I got my BFP I was also temping and had an OV dip on the second day of 'peak' on the monitor. They are expensive new but you can buy them second hand on ebay for around £20-£30. I would definitely recommend it to anyone TTC and wish we'd started using it earlier.

I'm back! Blood test was fine, always worse in my head Haha, and the nurse was on time!

Mrs E, I haven't compared the two but I have never got a positive on an internet cheapy OPK even though I know I am ovulating through my BBT. I think it was Bella who said that she hadn't had a positive on an IC but found the clear blue to be really good (and now she's pregnant so must work well!!!). I am going to get the clear blue if we don't fall this cycle. 

Bella - That's interesting to know thanks for the advice hun - might give that a whirl.  We will try anything now we don't have much to lose now we have the referral moving lol.  Hope all is going well hun xx

Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

Jessica - Glad the blood test went ok.  Always is worse in your head!

Ive got a swab tomorrow soooo not looking forward to that! lol x

Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

Haha Bella, our posts crossed , I knew you'd have the answer!! Hope all is well with you and your little bean xx

• RobynxxRobynxx Posts: 658

Wishing number 29 brings you all your bfps ladies! Will be keeping an eye for news! Hope you are all well xxx

Robyn - Nice to hear from you hun - hope you are well? xx

Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• Memza89xMemza89x Posts: 1,533 New bride

Hi ladies popped on for a catch up and noticed there's a new thread! Just want to wish you all lots & lots of super sticky babydust😘Xxxxx

Memza - Thanks hun nice to see you popping by :) - hope all is well xx

Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• RobynxxRobynxx Posts: 658

Yes all going well so far thank you MrsGB, just over 15wks now. I'm so pleased you have your appointment in April to get the ball rolling! Wishing you all lots of fun evenings with your hubbys and a bfp! Xx

Robyn - Aww glad its all going well.  Yes, so pleased we have the next stage through - not looking forward to my swab tomorrow to prep for it but hey ho im sure there will be lots of unpleasant things to come but if it brings me my BFP I am beyond caring lol xx

Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

All well so far thanks hun 10 weeks today just on the train on our way home from Manchester! I got my scan appointment through for 31st March which is less than two weeks so just wishing the time away!

I hope all goes well with your swab tomorrow is it like a smear or what are they actually doing? Like you say there will be many things to come on the road to baby (I'm a wimp but just going to have to prepare myself! haha) How is hubby getting on with stopping smoking? Xxx

• MrsLjCMrsLjC Posts: 1,204 New bride

Glad your bloods went okay Jessica, I'm a bit of a wimp leading up to the too  but always fine at the time! 

You'll be fine tomorrow MrsGB just think of the end goal x

Lovely to hear how you're both getting on Robyn and Memza. 

Not feeling as crazy as yesterday I'm pleased to report 

Memza - Aww how was your trip?  31st isn't long away im off that day so joining on the countdown lol!!

Its a swab to test for chlamydia - obviously this can have an effect on being able to have a child so I am guessing its a precaution to rule anything out!

Hubby is doing good with not smoking 3 weeks and counting now!  So so pleased about this!  Although he keeps saying oh I want a cigarette and he gets the look and a stern NO lol!

MrsL - Haha good im glad the crazy isn't full force... yet ;-) xx

Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

It's so lovely to read how all you ladies are getting on, at different stages.

H2B went to the docs this morning, as my gp recommended he has some tests first. He needs to provide a sample, pop it back to the gp, then should get the results within about a week, so fingers crossed that those come back fine 😀

Ah that's really good hun well done to hubby hopefully he keeps it up, I'm sure it will be tough for him but like with everything else focusing on the end goal is the main thing and I'm sure it will make a big difference to his count. Fingers crossed! Don't worry about the swab hun I had one done years ago I literally did it myself it was easy peasy!

Our trip was good thanks! It was a different holiday to what we had planned with no alcohol obviously and I also felt pretty ill on the Saturday but it was really nice to just spend time relaxing snuggling and eating! And hubby was super chuffed that I allowed a tour around old Trafford on our anniversary haha.

Hope you're all well my lovelies! Xxx

MrsC - FC all come back ok hun - we've been through all that so hear if you want to talk/ask questions

Memza - Ahh it is tough on him, I am trying to be supportive and showering him with praise - its like a child haha!  Ahh im sure it will be fine its just like a smear sort of thing just hate all that but hey ho be worth it!

Aww glad you had a nice time, sorry you didn't feel too good :(  but good that you had time to relax and enjoy it.  Shame about visiting Old Trafford - couldn't think of anything worse (hubby is a Liverpool fan lol) xx

Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

My brother is a Liverpool fan and I sent him a picture, he called me a traitor haha hubby is a Rangers fan but he loves anything football!

Haha I don't blame your brother! lol!  Aww hubby loves all football but unless it was for a match with Liverpool then he wouldn't step foot in there haha!  Men are strange huh  xxx

Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

Thanks MrsGB2015, it's all a bit new to me, just taking things a a day at a time and hoping for the best x 

My H2B had to give up smoking not too long ago, for medical reasons, and he still finds it difficult, so well done to you hubby x 

MrsC - Best way to be hun, sounds like you have a good approach to it all.

Yes, hubby is doing well - he said I cannot wait for you to get pregnant then I can have a ciggie!  I said no, not until we have had a scan haha!  Should of seen his face!  He said oh I may as well never smoke again then - correct answer! lol! xx

Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

MrsGB2015 wrote (see post):

MrsC - Best way to be hun, sounds like you have a good approach to it all.

Yes, hubby is doing well - he said I cannot wait for you to get pregnant then I can have a ciggie!  I said no, not until we have had a scan haha!  Should of seen his face!  He said oh I may as well never smoke again then - correct answer! lol! xx

Haha, tell him it'll benefit him in the long term 😂