Could I be pregnant?

Hi! I'd really like some advice about this! It's the first time it's ever happened and I'm so worried about it. Sorry if it's TMI 

so 2 weeks ago I had my period. It was a few days late but apart from that it was normal. This morning when I woke up I had a lot of fresh red blood on the tissue after I'd gone to the toilet  

I've had a pad on but there's not a lot on it. It just seems to be heavier on wiping. 

My periods are regular and usually spot on. I've never bled in between  periods for hence the worry. My partner and I arent actively trying but we're not being careful either . 

Has anyone experienced something like this? 

• bella2015bella2015 Posts: 1,903 New bride

I had what I thought was a period and I was actually pregnant,  it turned out to be an implantation bleed. However this was after a long time of trying to conceive. 

The only way you will know for definite is to take a pregnancy test 

If you are stressed etc then that can alter your cycles 

• rlnxrlnx Posts: 46 New bride
    bella2015 wrote (see post):

I had what I thought was a period and I was actually pregnant,  it turned out to be an implantation bleed. However this was after a long time of trying to conceive. 

The only way you will know for definite is to take a pregnancy test 

If you are stressed etc then that can alter your cycles 

Thank you for replying :) 

I'm just so confused! It was the last thing I expected to see this morning. The bleeding I'm having now doesn't feel like a period. It's not as painful (I have really painful cramps) and the loss is different. I'm a midwife so I thought I knew all about this but obviously not haha! 

Thank you for the advice! I'll get a test tomorrow 

• Katherine66Katherine66 Posts: 1,234

I would also make an appointment with your gp.