Forum home You & Your Baby

TTC after coil removal

Hi ladies, 

This is my first post in this forum so just wanted to say hello...

H2b and I get married in 3 weeks (eeek) and just got the most amazing news that we are going to be an aunt and uncle in April 2018. 

we had been talking about TTC for our 2nd for about 6 months and after we got the great news we just thought let's do it! If we are really lucky it would mean that the cousins would be really close in age and the fact we already had one child who is 7 on his own was putting us off having another baby with no cousins iyswim. 

So I got my copper coil removed today. I have been tracking my cycles since June so I know that I am  die to ovulate on Saturday. To say we are excited is an understatement! As it is copper it means I am good to go straight away so got given the green light to go for it! 

I went to boots and bought ovulation sticks, some pregnancy tests and the his and her conception tablets so fingers crossed it all goes well. If I do catch this month I'll actually be testing ON my wedding day (eeeeep!)

Wish me luck! 

I can't wait to get to know you all xx

• RS2017RS2017 Posts: 198

Welcome! What an exciting time, a wedding and a baby (hopefully!) look forward to hearing all about it xx

• RS2017 wrote (see post):

Welcome! What an exciting time, a wedding and a baby (hopefully!) look forward to hearing all about it xx

Thank you! It's so exciting! We were very fortunate that we fall pregnant without trying the first time round so this is extra special for us!

• MrsJ2017MrsJ2017 Posts: 3,017

Good luck! I tested with my first pregnancy on christmas eve. Id already tested 2 weeks earlier but got a false negative, so I decided to do it christmas eve instead of christmas day so if it was negative I wouldnt be mopey on christmas day. Dont think youd need to worry about that on a wedding day though!

Ive got 3 children and we were really lucky that I got pregnant on the first cycle with all of them (including another pregnancy that ended with miscarriage), so Ive never done the ovulation thingys or vitamins etc. We sometimes think about having another, we originally said 5 (we both have huge families) but that was when I was very young and naive about the joys of pregnancy and parenting 😂 Now Im not so sure, but if we did I think itd take longer because were both older now and not as awake and stress free as we were 9 years ago!

Hope it all goes well for you, itd be a lovely wedding present if it did work out like that x

• MrsJ2017 wrote (see post):

Good luck! I tested with my first pregnancy on christmas eve. Id already tested 2 weeks earlier but got a false negative, so I decided to do it christmas eve instead of christmas day so if it was negative I wouldnt be mopey on christmas day. Dont think youd need to worry about that on a wedding day though!

Ive got 3 children and we were really lucky that I got pregnant on the first cycle with all of them (including another pregnancy that ended with miscarriage), so Ive never done the ovulation thingys or vitamins etc. We sometimes think about having another, we originally said 5 (we both have huge families) but that was when I was very young and naive about the joys of pregnancy and parenting 😂 Now Im not so sure, but if we did I think itd take longer because were both older now and not as awake and stress free as we were 9 years ago!

Hope it all goes well for you, itd be a lovely wedding present if it did work out like that x

T

Oh just what you need to cheer you up when the boxing day blues hit!!

I went into labour with ds on Xmas day! So that was a very very exciting Xmas for us that year! He wasn't born till the 27th so after a long labour more kids were the last thing on my mind too haha

I have this little daydream that when I walk up the aisle with ds I'll get him to whisper to his dad that I'm pregnant lol just dont want to get my hopes up too much! 

I love big families too. I was an only child so it's very alien to me but h2b has a big family and the dynamic is challenging but so lovely and I can't wait to have one myself...although my nana was a twin so there's always chance that might happen for us...h2bs face was a picture when I reminded him of that!

• I got my first +ve OPK today! You'd have thought I was pregnant the way I waved it at h2b! 

It's all feeling so real now. 😁