The Broken Thread - 2019

• KirBeKirBe Posts: 1,146 New bride
    Morning Ladies, sorry I have also been AWOL - we have made the final payments for our holiday so TTC is on hold and I feel like a bit of a fraud being on here lol. To be honest it is nice to have a break from it - it was our 3 year TTC ‘anniversary’ last month which did hit me a little hard since there is still no movement forward to the next steps  :'(

Glad things seem to be moving forward for you @Slopeydopes did they give you any idea what the plan would be following these further tests? 

@MrsGB2015 fingers crossed the IUI does the trick. Sounds like you have a good plan lovely. 

xx
    Married October 2016
    TTC since May 2016

'Shout out to all of us fighting a battle that most people will never understand'
  • SlopeydopesSlopeydopes Posts: 164 New bride
    @MrsGB2015 It is the hycosy. Just waiting for AF to book all my blood tests and things in. We've got a follow up appointment with the doctor we saw in October. She said after that we'll be referred on as we're doing PGD anyway. I'm not sure how long everything takes after that. I think it's mostly drawn out because the appointments take so long.
    We'll have a busy few months anyway as we're moving house at the end of June. 

Fingers crossed for the IUI. We're pretty much sure we'll be going donor sperm but doctor wants to double check. 
    @KirBe it does seem to take a while. I feel like we're kind of lucky that we knew going on what our issues were. Although that's not to say that something else won't crop up. Hopefully things will start moving again soon. Life is so busy. You're definitely not a fraud though xx
  • MrsGB2015MrsGB2015 Posts: 3,216 New bride
    Morning ladies,

@KirBe your not a fraud, we all need a break sometimes! Sorry to hear that you still have no real movement though, the waiting is the worst with all this. I wish I could skip past all the waiting and appointments and just find out the result 🙄

@Slopeydopes Ahh I thought it may be. I just found mine uncomfortable. Take some paracetamol before you go in is my advice! Donor sperm wasn’t an easy decision but I think it is the best step for us now, if you ever want to talk about it feel free to message me xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

"The greater your storm, the brighter your rainbow"
    @MrsGB2015 tell me about it! I’m so annoyed with the whole system to be fair. It’s just so much waiting around, hubby wants to wait even longer to get our referral as well. He is having a second procedure done to try and help his issue just after our holiday hopefully - and if it works he wants us to try naturally for 6 months rather than rush straight back to the GPs. I do see his point - we’ve never been able to try with the usual method so if I have my positive pants on I think yes this might work - but at the same time I’m so impatient and so aware of the waiting times that I just want to get on with it 😂 xx
    Married October 2016
    TTC since May 2016

'Shout out to all of us fighting a battle that most people will never understand'
    It's hard isn't it. I think it's hard not to get your hopes up sometimes. I've been off the pill for a year and nothing has happened. The doc said that testosterone can inhibit sperm production which is why he has to miss and injection. You always get that glimmer of hope then. It doesn't help you see so many of these articles where people are told they'll never have kids and then fall naturally, I suppose for every one of them there's a 100 where it doesn't happen like that.
  • Tallie237Tallie237 Posts: 322 New bride
    Hi ladies do you mind if I thread hop? 

Ive been watching this thread a lot and you're all inspirational, I hope yous all get some good news soon.

We've been trying for 12 months and had our first fertility clinic appt on Monday. So far I've had day 3 bloods and getting day "21" bloods next week. However when the doctor gave me my day 3 bloods my TSH was 4.1. Both my gp and the nurse at the clinic said this was normal however I've made the mistake of googling it and am now freaking out it's too high! My mum and most female relatives have an underactive thyroid so it's been on my mind anyway. Do any of you ladies have any experience of this?
  • Juliet3Juliet3 Posts: 43 New bride
    Hello! Signed in under an old username as forgot my TTC password. Tallie I would not worry but would push on that as when I went for a fertility MOT (all was well but I wanted to get checked out early in TTC) my TSH was only 2.8 and they put me on levothyroxine to lower it to between 1-2 as that's the ideal range for trying for a baby. Below 5 is normal on NHS but isn't optimal and Obvs for TTC and especially if you've been trying for 12 months you may want to get it lower to help you along. I was on a very low dose and would get bloods to check all was well. Anyway ended up on levothyroxine for ages even though there wasn't anything wrong with my thyroid as they knew I'd been trying a while (got pg around 12 months, then miscarried, then fell again a couple of months later with twins). They even - the NHS doctors and even a thyroid consultant as they referred me when Fell with the twins - kept me on it when pregnant. Anyway, it seems like is a pretty standard drug and can give you that bit of help or maybe eliminate a possible barrier for falling. It was always assumed I had an issue but mine was only 2.8 and pretty good in terms of the range (1 low and 5 high). So do ask your doctor or fertility referral as I think it's one of those that isn't a big deal to be on it. I no longer take it but you know I'd probably consider making them test and give me it if I was ever to try again (madness after twins). Although - I must have got put on it after about 3 months of trying and it still took 12 months to fall. But who knows it may have taken longer.
    that said my advice is don't panic around the one year mark. Good to be vigilant but honestly these miracles come when they come (advice that would always annoy me!) our results were great - nothing wrong with me, and excellent sperm (and that's not to brag or be insensitive. More to show look we had great results and it took 'longer' and then ended up with b/g twins).
    hope this is helpful xx 
  • Tallie237Tallie237 Posts: 322 New bride
    Thanks Juliet that's really helpful! I'm not sure if I'll even see the same nurse again who went through my results but I will mention it if I do. To be honest I have a lot of symptoms and a family history so the high result makes sense. I just hope they listen if something does need to be done. I do worry about how dismissive doctors can be. Congratulations on your twins!
    Well AF has been particularly stubborn after falling into a nice pattern. Think the stress of all of this, with work being crap and moving house in just over 2 weeks may have helped. She's shown up today though and I have my hysteroscopy booked in for a week tomorrow. Sadly missed day 2 blood tests as it'll fall on a Saturday. So awkward!
    How is everyone doing? Enjoying the wet weather? 
    Afternoon Ladies - hope your all ok? It’s been very quiet on here recently xx
    Married October 2016
    TTC since May 2016

Hey ladies,

Sorry I have been so useless lately!!

I hope everyone is well.

Not sure what I last updated but basically we are going ahead with IUI with donor sperm.  We have ordered our sperm from the donor and just waiting for it to be delivered to our clinic, then got to wait for my next cycle as we missed this one but had always planned for the end of July one. 

Sending love and baby dust xxx

Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

Oooo exciting @MrsGB2015 fingers tightly crossed for your next cycle and that everything goes perfectly for you.
    I had my hysteroscopy last Friday. Please tell me that we only have to have one of those?? 
    @Slopeydopes Thanks hun, I am feeling a bit low right now and already thinking its not going to work!  I need to get out of this bad patch its no good!

Aww did you find it bad hun?  Ive only ever had one, so fingers crossed it will be the same for you.  I think you only need a repeat if they find anything like fibroids etc but dont quote me! x
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

Glad you both seem to be doing ok. 

@MrsGB2015 that’s exciting! It’s almost July so not too much longer 🤞🏻

@Slopeydopes hope the results from your hysteroscopy are ok 

In the last three weeks I’ve had 3 baby bombs - one being my SIL - and to be honest I just feel numb at this point. We are having a little try this month but I’m not holding much hope. It’s our last chance before we are locked into our holiday so kinda thought why not x
    Married October 2016
    TTC since May 2016

@KirBe- Thanks hun - I need to get my arse into positive mode but struggling right now.

Aww no baby bombs are so hard especially being family as well, you cant really hide from that one!

I am always ever hopeful for you hun xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

It can be hard to be positive sometimes. I think sometimes you really need to let yourself wallow rather than trying to be strong all the time.
    The hysteroscopy was horrible. The pain during was horrific. But I almost fainted afterwards and was sick twice. I had to stay in for about 2 hours because my blood pressure dropped really low. 
    Fingers crossed @kirbe that it works this time. 
    @Slopeydopes yes you are right - its nearly been 4 years for us, so I think a bit of wallowing is allowed lol!

Oh no so sorry you found it so tough hun.  Did they say how it went? xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

Wallowing umis definitely allowed. I've always found if I try and act like everything is fine for too long I have a big meltdown at some point. 
    They didn't say anything about it. Just that I'd get the results at my appointment. To be honest I think the were too busy fanning me to cool me down at the end! 
    @Slopeydopes yeah you’re right and I’ve just had the witch visit sooo hormones everywhere!!! Haha!

Ahh bless you! They only told me that it went well and no complications, I had to wait to see the consultant to be sure xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

Hey ladies, just popping by to see how everyone is doing?

Its very quiet in here again xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

Hey @MrsGB2015 how are you doing? How’s things going with you? Can’t be long till your IUI now? 

TTC wise I’m just waiting for AF - we did try this month but I’ve had a huge temp drop this morning so just waiting for the witch as usual, but I am okay with it as I have a job interview tomorrow 🙊 it’s a temporary position to cover my boss while she’s on maternity leave (trying to make the best of that situation) so it’ll be a step up for me even if it is only temporary.

I’m so nervous - I haven’t interviewed for 5 years! 

Hope everyone else is doing well xx
    Married October 2016
    TTC since May 2016

@KirBe not bad hun, bored of waiting! We are still waiting for the donor sperm to be sorted, 5 weeks and counting driving me mad!! 

Ooo exciting hun! Fingers crossed for you, I’m sure you’ll smash it! Xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

@MrsGB2015 thanks hun - interview went really well I think. Should find out early next week.

No sign of AF so going to test in the AM - fully expect a BFN as always - but I am off to visit friends for the weekend tomorrow night and plan on having a few drinks so with her being annoying better check so I can order those cocktails without that niggle of what if I am?!?! How these thoughts still cross my mind after 3 years I’ll never know 😂 xx
    Married October 2016
    TTC since May 2016

@KirBe Thats good hun, fingers crossed for you.

As always I hope that its your turn!  Im just the same even though I know it would be a bloody miracle haha!! xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

Hey, fingers crossed for you @kirbe it's always good to hope. 
    @MrsGB2015 I hope they sort your donor out soon. There does seem to be a lot of waiting on this journey.
    We've just moved into our first owned home together. What a stressful week! 
    @Slopeydopes - Thanks hun, we seem to be on the final stretch - hopefully!  They said they are doing final checks and I should get an update tomorrow - hoping they stick to the proposed delivery date of next Tues - fingers crossed!

Oo exciting but yea stressful!  Hope you are settling in ok xxx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

We're settling in well, almost got all the rooms sorted. Just a few more little things. 
    I've got day bloods Friday morning. More blood tests, when do we have the non invasive less unpleasant things!?
    @MrsGB2015 hope everything is falling into place for you this week. Xxx
    edited 16 July
    @Slopeydopes Glad you are settling in ok hun. Not nice about more bloods, it will all be worth it one day! 

Nearly there, heard today that the sperm will be delivered Thursday now 🙄 but at least it’s finally getting there!

AF is due towards the end of next week and we can hopefully get going then, FC! 🤞🏼

Hope everyone else is well? Xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

@MrsGB2015 Hope the sperm got delivered and everything is OK. You must be getting excited now xx